test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No more dailies, please.

markonsmarkons Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
Can Module 4 be rid of dailies please? :)

We have so much dailies right now, there is no time to do anything else. And if anyone wants to have more than one character, its really time consuming. It's like, log in, do dailies there, and here, and over there, and Rhix dailies...

"oh wait, GG (DD) is on, ah, I can't go now, srry guys, I have dailies to do on this one, and then on other 2 (3, 4, 5..) alts I have"....

I have 7 alts, and I must say I don't have time to do anything else except dailies on the days I go to work. I have even concentrated all effort on just 3 of them now for IWD. Not to mention that for IWD ones it takes around 30 minutes per one character. Luckily i have completed Sharandar and Dread Ring on them.

Also, new people coming in game are so confused with them, they don't know what to do. I know, cause I am an officer in guild, and almost every day I have to explain them what is the purpose and how and why to play them. They are fresh 60's and don't know how what to do, how to run Sharandar or Dread Ring, or can they do it at the same time. They got confused even with a GG. Yes, there are tooltips and stuff when they reach 60th level, but they are baffling with it hard. And all those currencies you gather in all of those zones are very confusing to them also. We old players got used to the method by now.

Worse part: I want to make a new character to have a fun with, I have to do all those dailies in all those zones (again!) in order to have that character viable for dungeon gaming, otr PvP.So if make now fresh Warlock (yeeey!) I have to go through Sharandar, Dread Ring and IW Dale at the same time! ( you unlock IWD fast, so you end up doing all 3). Its like 2 and half hours just for that. Now add the module 4 dailies. Even more time. So, when will I have time for doing fun parts, like killing a dragon in dungeon? Game is Dungeons and Dragons, right? Its not Dailies and Dailies :)

Hell, we made a guild called " I Want A Group For Dailies" just for grouping and doing those dailies together, as they are so time consuming. And every day we have a tons of request from players to joins us, just cause of name.

Please devs, think about it.
Post edited by markons on

Comments

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So, you were able to decide which game to play. Good!
    Maybe you might want to decide which toon to play as well one day!
    I mean, it seems you are suffering from CMCCD (compulsory multi character creation disease).

The thing is, you basically say "leave all the players that were able to choose 1 class/character to boredom, 'cause I can not decide which class I want to play".
    Don't you think this is a bit selfish?
    You might as well say "please turn down availability of NWO servers as i also want to play other games" (my preferred choice!).

You are a person, free choice what to do with your time.
    And don't forget to demand from NWO dev/management NOT to release new classes as you are unable to cope with that!

Honestly, I am happy that this game is in a situation where complaints like yours can actually prosper!

cheers!

(7 toons @ IWD 350+ rep, 4 toons @ IWD 150+ rep, I know thy pressure!)
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Agreed. I think we all need a break from dailies. I'm not sure if a lot of people even like doing them in the first place. If they took that effort to make different pvp maps, several dungeons with boe gear or something, it would improve longevity of the game and be more enjoyable (and feel less forced and less of a chore)

@nameexpired If you have so many then don't you get bored of having to do the same quests over and over and over? I know I do.
  • archerbahmarcherbahm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    +1 to this
    the dailies turn into a hamster wheel.
    add into that the looters that steal the qst items and the mobs that respawn and respawn (and respawn) when some items are picked up..
    full agreement - ease off on the dailes, please
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I HATE doing daily's they are so boring and repetitive but that's the only way to really make AD so i wish they would change that, they could have a random system for new daily's all the time and campaigns should not be the same everyday, it should be a new mission each day to go to a new area and complete it.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The thing is, you basically say "leave all the players that were able to choose 1 class/character to boredom, 'cause I can not decide which class I want to play".

Daily quests are not fun and are designed to waste your time while they create yet another grind. If you are bored, you should be doing dungeons and pvp.
  • markonsmarkons Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I mean, it seems you are suffering from CMCCD (compulsory multi character creation disease).

You might as well say "please turn down availability of NWO servers as i also want to play other games" (my preferred choice!).

And don't forget to demand from NWO dev/management NOT to release new classes as you are unable to cope with that!

Honestly, I am happy that this game is in a situation where complaints like yours can actually prosper!

cheers!

You missed the point totally. I don't suffer from any disorder. Many new players are confused with so much dailies. I am not selfish, I even help all those newbies in game with their dailies. Many players learned the true mechanics of this game from me, and how to do things the fastest.
    You, sir, are just mean with your post, nothing else. I see no constructive thinking/solutions from you, only boasting

And why shouldn't I play more then one character? I did that in other MMOs also. I like to see mechanics of classes and have fun with them all. I have main, rest are just alts. and 7 heads are smarter then one :)

So far dailies seems like a choir. I don't mind grinding at all, but just think its a bit too much.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Are you reading what you're writing? Seriously?

Just because there are so many dailies doesn't mean your *must* do them all or else! There is an old phrase called 'Round Robin'. It means 'taking turns in order". If your are faced with 20 dailies on 10 characters, then how about just doing one character today, the next tomorrow, the next the following day...

Why the freakin' rush? This game isn;t going anywhere - it will be here tomorrow and the next day and even (I know: SHOCK!) the day after that. But now: you have a compulsive disorder the dictates you must accomplish all there is to accomplish for no reason other than "it's there!".

Then, when you've come this close to killing yourself accomplishing all of it you will complain and whine about there being "nothing else to do'.

Granted my examples are over-the-top and exaggerated, but you know very well there is truth in it. :)
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Can you suggest a method of progressing through a campaign that does not include a set of daily quests?

The only alternative I can think of would be to offer a linear quest chain, much like the 1-59 content. The problem with that is once you complete the campaign, there wouldn't be any repeatable content.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    If they took that effort to make different pvp maps, several dungeons with boe gear or something, it would improve longevity of the game and be more enjoyable (and feel less forced and less of a chore)

I don't think you understand.

PWE chose to do dailies for a few reasons:
    1.) Makes the content from a smaller bit of work be stretched out for an entire month
    2.) Lets them do a minimal amount of work and pass it off as something bigger
    3.) Keeps players playing the game, instead of blowing through all that content in the first few days and leaving until more updates happen
    4.) Lets them focus less people on making quests to focus more time on other areas

So all that effort that goes into dailies is purposefully low. That means that them focusing it somewhere else wouldn't do much, besides let people blow through the content in a few days.
    edited June 2014
    Other options would be to do things like:

1. Take an inventory of all enemies in a particular zone, give each enemy a rating based upon how numerous they are, plus their rating, (minion, regular, boss, elite, etc), and randomly generate quests based on that, (like defeat X number of Y type enemies), or have quests to recover items form enemies of a given faction, etc.

Now dot each map with various other items, which can also be included as part of quests.

I mean, when you get right down to it, there's only so many different type of quests you can implement - kill X enemies, fetch Y items, interact w/ Z objects, etc.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Signed.

Mod4 would be my fave if there's little to no grind.
    edited June 2014
    I don't think you understand.

PWE chose to do dailies for a few reasons:
    1.) Makes the content from a smaller bit of work be stretched out for an entire month
    2.) Lets them do a minimal amount of work and pass it off as something bigger
    3.) Keeps players playing the game, instead of blowing through all that content in the first few days and leaving until more updates happen
    4.) Lets them focus less people on making quests to focus more time on other areas

So all that effort that goes into dailies is purposefully low. That means that them focusing it somewhere else wouldn't do much, besides let people blow through the content in a few days.

I'm talking about no new campaign at all and focus purely on dungeons or pvp modes/maps. I know why they do dailies. But most people do it for the boons and just for the fact it's new content. They don't want to be behind. We should play to have fun, not because it's a boring repetitive chore. I don't know why anyone would even defend it. They're not challenging and it's insanely dull. Wouldn't you prefer something new and refreshing? Sure not everyone may be into the multiplayer side, but it definitely needs some attention and something to make it actually worth doing. These 3 modules have all been about the campaign and 2 dungeons that aren't worth repeating. And of course the open pvp that's a giant mess. It's about time we get content we want to repeat, not ones that we're forced to and at a rate that limits us. It's a lazy way to add new content to artificially prolong the game.

I'm sure people have plenty of other ideas of what they want instead. Just anything instead of another freaking repetitive campaign system. It gets old. I would like them to add better foundry rewards though to give the single player community something worth doing. One reason I've avoided it is because it was so unrewarding but I'm sure there are a lot of well made maps.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i hear a request for eliminating daily quests but i don't see any suggestions for how we're supposed to progress through new content. all MMOs have some kind of task progression that you need to get from point A to point B. maps, dungeons, skirmishes... even pvp has a progression to it. and it's all a cyclic progression whether it's per match, run, day or per week. that's how the game was designed. i do not see how they can decide to change that mechanic this far into the game's development.
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Make dungeons a lot harder than CN with a lot of dragons and stuff, so 99% of the ppl wouldn't be bored immediately... until they do these extremely hard dungeons...
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    markons wrote: »
    You, sir, are just mean with your post, nothing else. I see no constructive thinking/solutions from you, only boasting

And why shouldn't I play more then one character? I did that in other MMOs also. I like to see mechanics of classes and have fun with them all. I have main, rest are just alts. and 7 heads are smarter then one :)

So far dailies seems like a choir. I don't mind grinding at all, but just think its a bit too much.
    If you don't want to do dailies, don't do them. You could still access all areas by now if you only did the dailies once every week for each character.
    There is no need at all to be able to enter the, e.g. Dwarven Valley, on day 21 after release with every single toon you have. That's what I mean.
    Select your "main" toon and play with it. If you don't like repetitive tasks in games, don't do them.
    If you don't have the time for each of your toons, don't do dailies for all every single day of the week, especially if you consider it boring to do them.
    I also can see not a single constructive thinking/solution in your post except "lets be rid of dailies".
    My constructive comment was for you to select your "main" toon and do the dailies with it. Choose 1 toon to play and do the "chores". And I tried to point out that, if there were more classes, you would be unable to do all the "chores", as you call them, anyway. The "I want it all with every toon, and I want it now" attitude does not work in the long run.
    As for boasting, I did not intend to boast, just wanted to say that I also have a few toons and try to play them in an equally manner.
    I was "later" than my guild mates in my first skirmish@Kessel, but I got there on most toons in the end. It just took a bit longer than it took the "I only play 1 toon" players.
    You are not forced to do anything in this game. You are free to play it in the way you like. If you don't want to run dailies all day, then just don't do it. You can still run 20x SP or 30x ToS. No chore at all!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    edited June 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i hear a request for eliminating daily quests but i don't see any suggestions for how we're supposed to progress through new content. all MMOs have some kind of task progression that you need to get from point A to point B. maps, dungeons, skirmishes... even pvp has a progression to it. and it's all a cyclic progression whether it's per match, run, day or per week. that's how the game was designed. i do not see how they can decide to change that mechanic this far into the game's development.

The thing about the pvp campaign is that:
    1) If you don't pvp, you can ignore it whereas the 3 other main campaigns it's kind of in your interest to do it if you want to be on the same level as others.
    2) There are no roadblocks stopping your progression, you progress as fast or as slow as you want and yet it still takes time to complete.
    3) You progress the campaign by doing stuff you want to do anyway. By doing pvp or gg you'll be doing that for glory or grym coins and can focus on certain tasks. With the single player campaigns you do 3 days worth of quests and you've done it. You're not rewarded in the same, way it's just a daily trickle to get your boons while the pvp campaign as I said you get your glory/coins you usually get.

SP campaigns are just so fake, and really how many times do we want them to rehash the same content? They did a good job making dread way better than sharandar (which was dreadful), they did a good job adding HEs to make icewind more interesting. But I think it's time we all had a break from that system and get some other kind of content. Of course I suspect it's pretty much too late to be suggesting anything, they're likely most of the way though it and already done the planning and will be upcoming to the part where they need to polish the content.
    If you don't want to do dailies, don't do them.
    Then we're left with nothing new to do while others grow slightly ahead.
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Can you suggest a method of progressing through a campaign that does not include a set of daily quests?

The only alternative I can think of would be to offer a linear quest chain, much like the 1-59 content. The problem with that is once you complete the campaign, there wouldn't be any repeatable content.

Repeatable content? Dailies are not repeatable content, they are a boring grind. Once I have the rewards from those dailies, I never do them again.
    I don't want repeatable content, I want varied content. Daily quests from a MUCH larger list would be okay, especially with some kind of tracker to put lower weight on ones you've already done. A Foundry Reward system would pretty much negate any need for daily anything, as there are hundreds upon hundreds of Foundry quests available, many of them quite good.

So yes, for campaigns, I'd much rather see a linear progression - a story, if you will - that you start, progress through, and finish. Something like the comic book series' they used to do over at Champions before they abandoned that game. Every month or few, new campaign, new story!

As it is, there's very little difference other than number of players between playing the same dailies over and over, running the same dungeons over and over, or running the same skirmishes over and over. It's all repetitive grind with few options.
    edited June 2014
    I am all in favor of adding a larger list of daily quests to do. I do not think they will ever implement a campaign that you run through it once and then you're done - it has to be able to be played over and over again.

They could do something like special quests at are given at key points in the campaign, to highlight your progression; Like imagine an initial solo quest where you go and save that Dwarf that gives you the black ice pick, then a quest later where you secure the campsite at the entrance of the Dwarven Valley, etc.
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2014

cheers!

I second the above.
  • balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    we want 8-10 ten men raids inside true hard dungeons.
    Why? because we don't have that yet, we have plenty of useless dailies when campaigns are done.
    We want dungeons and guild love. (speaking for me and my friends)
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    shadw2012 wrote: »
    That is why i do not overload myself with numerous toons, only run 2. See no reason to have more, with some helpful guides on here, i pretty much only need the 2 to make decent AD and enjoy myself. Isn't that the reason to play, to have fun, and not make it seem like a second job?

Zactly ...bloody hell.....playing the game IS the point, not the illusional result at the end...even when you reach that you make the decree...I am bored!
    Boredom is a state of mind which is chosen, and if you are allowing this or that to choose for you then you'll probably b-lame an external construct for the boredom.

Play and enjoy the immediate transactional game-PLAY people... Its not a race or a job.
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    In IWD now that I got all my boons ,I only do the AB contract and some kessel thats it
    the daily's are realy boring me now ,the same thing and reward day in day out
    For me the daily's reward should rotate so you dont get the same reward every day
    like today you got 500 black ice or a rank 5 tomorrow 5 healt potion for your lvl, and from time to time you can get a big reward.and every map with his own rewards
    And that will get your attention you will do your daily's without complain because you dont know what you will get the next day
    the things that will remain the same are the tokens for your boons and your xp
    and what you need to like unlock a map you dont get the same amount every day
    that can lower the boring of the daily's for me
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    I don't know why anyone would even defend it. They're not challenging and it's insanely dull. Wouldn't you prefer something new and refreshing?

I'm not sure where in my post I was defending this horrible, lazy system PWE has been putting out. My intent was to simply state why they chose to make a bunch of dailies, nothing else.

Even so, if you can go ahead and point out where I defended them, I'd appreciate it.
    edited June 2014
    I'm not sure where in my post I was defending this horrible, lazy system PWE has been putting out. My intent was to simply state why they chose to make a bunch of dailies, nothing else.

Even so, if you can go ahead and point out where I defended them, I'd appreciate it.

Fair enough, but a couple of others seemed to defend it.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I actually like dailies, it gives me stuff to do, of course the idea of a module being a new questline like comic series in Champions online would be nice, but the bad side is that it would be completed in a few hours. The idea behind dailies and gated content is that the whole module can't be completed in a few hours.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't mind dailies and gated content. I mind the same 6 dailies in groups of 3 over and over and over...
    Honestly, their dailies are ridiculously simple in concept. How hard would it have been to have someone come up with 60 of them instead of 6 for each zone, and have it select from that list?

Someone earlier mentioned that a campaign has to be playable over and over. I don't see how this conflicts with having a linear campaign.
    Simply add an option, once you have finished the campaign, to play it again. That way, those who like to grind the same thing over and over again can do so by playing the entire story a second/third/whatever time, and those who want to experience a complete story and then move on to some other part of the game so they don't get bored or burned out can do that.
  • cindiklecindikle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2014
    Dailies are fine

Just make them more impactful.

I don't even have a boon 5 yet and I'm already looking at turning in 6 days of prayer to speed it up. Feels like only one quest in each area becomes important after the first couple weeks.

Personally think they should rework currencies. Make them all account bound. And make a max cap you can get per day per account. Say 4 characters worth(one upgrade).
    This would also help reducing the flow of AD that comes in from people with 10+ alts farming AD with leadership/prayer. (Also if this was done they could increase the chance of a coal ward as it can't so easily be farmed).

Far as what can they do differently?

Make one quest when you come in. This quest has a progression of say 1000 contribution points. You get these points by going to areas and doing things. The map will show green, yellow and red areas for what needs the most help. You get more points for going to places that need more help. These areas could have things like things you destroy, kill, disable, whatever they can think of.

Mobs of different areas will drop and reward different zone currencies.

Every so often. Or after a set total contribution from the zone wide players an epic boss shows up that the whole zone can attempt to kill. This boss will be very tough. Rewards will be strong, and any who have not finished their quest will have it finished automaticly(but will not count toward the next boss). Bosses can be linked to an area. They can spawn if an area stays red too long(making it very hard to clear it down).

Basically, you zone in. Push M. See where you are needed. Then go play the game. Imagine walking into the Dread Ring. Getting your quest to go forth. You see the Quarry is getting overrun. And you head there till it's green. By then you either are done or you move to the next area. Maybe look for a boss. Maybe there's an item you want to farm out. Instead of doing to the red area, you pick the green/yellow one. Quest will take longer, but you will get exactly what you want out of it.
    Maybe you zone in and see there's a boss at the Quarry instead. It's full red. You put a group together and head to find it. Once found you look for more people in the zone to join in.

Campaign will grow for each area. But will not be highly restricted. Most of the restrictions will come from farming the right areas. And maybe the daily quest turn in(so you don't just farm an area forever till you have max everything day 1).
  • adsfelipeadsfelipe Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Game is Dungeons and Dragons, right? Its not Dailies and Dailies

totaly agree
  • arcticblitzarcticblitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I agree with the to many dailies grinding. I also don't think things like boons should be time gated, If i want to spend 48hr's in a weekend grinding to to finish the content I should be able to. Like wise if I want to spend AD to negate the the time-lock then I should be given the option to do so (Another great AD sink). I'm actually not looking forward to starting a new class toon in mod 4 purely because of all the dailies to get the boon's and content open again.
    Blitzy : PVE only Barbarian
    Martin ConDion PVE only Ranger

Guild Founder: -HunterS-
  • naturalnanaturalna Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I dont want dailies too. Doing the same quests for months is boooooooooring, better make it optional not necesseary for campaigns.