test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stop ignoring TR's please!

brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
Seriously, when are you going to open up your eyes to the most useless class in the game?
I just saw the patch notes from the preview and they are just insane... How can you ignore Tr's to badly?
Why I say this:
- Most bugged class in the history of my played games
- Unwanted in PVE (people leave when they see a Tr in parties)
- Hated in PVP (O MY GOWD, PERMA SO NUB, STOP STEALTH SCRUB!)

Bugs I've found:
- Bloodbath hits the rock thing from CW's as if it was a player (I lost count how many were saved by that)
- ITC Gets bypassed or used but without effect most of the times
- Lashing Blade Fails to hit jumping targets (Not always but still stupid as hell)
- Socking Execution can be dodged from jumping or sometimes for unknown thing (weak, yet bugged)
- At-Wills that get 60 seconds cooldown is so cool isn't it?
- Bloodbath gets used but does not persue/deal damage to the target (slowest building AP, yet bugged)
- Shadow Strike bug where sometimes it does not refill the stealth bar [Suggested by fantasycharacter]

Bugs Fixed in the patch: Let me see... NONE. Why is there even a bug report button if it serves no purpose?

Why its an unwanted class in PVE:
No big deal AOE damage-dealing spells.
Every DPS class in this game deals WAYYYYY more damage in than a TR.
Needs to get into the fight while being a glass cannon (DEADLYFAST).
[Not much, but enough]

Why its hated in PVP:
- Has Stealth and if you get slapped-crit in the back you go QQ to the chat.

I am not a perma-stealth because I find it boring to just be running arround the node while doing nothing, but the weakness TR has now makes me believe that the perma-stealthers actually have a reason to be there. Give us our Insane damage back and we will FOR SURE leave those builds! I mean... they even removed our only prone from a daily because people were QQ'ing about being slapped with it (A DAILY! SLOWESTBUILDING AP CLASSINTHEGAME) and then if they didn't die they would be slapped again with something else... I mean... Really? I don't even know why its still called "Shocking Execution" since it can't do balls. I cannot deal more than 20k on a dummy with 13k+ GS on my TR but with a 9.3k GS CW I can hit 25k AOE spells... And its not just CW, GWF and HR can do it too, I got crit on a pvp match today on 27k from the strong at-will they have and if it wasn't soulforged I'd be 1 shot.

Either way, my point is that this game should be:
CW: Low mobility, High Control, Medium Damage*, Low resist
TR: Medium Mobility, Low Control, High Damage, Low resist
GWF: Medium mobility, Low control, Medium damage, Medium Resist*
GF: Low Mobility, Medium control, Low damage, High Resist
DC: Medium mobility, Medium control, Low Damage, Medium Resist [Suggested by beckylunatic] (+ Heals)
HR: High mobility, Low control, Medium-High Damage, Low Resist

What is wrong should be highlighted as red.
* Possibly fixed in next module

Let me know your opinions on this and please don't come troll to this thread.
Post edited by brun2000 on

Comments

• Options
    adsfelipeadsfelipe Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    my opinion.. nerf perma stealt.. but give more dmg to TR.. so that they can be a true ROGUE..
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I agree with you idea of how each class should be and its a shame they arent like that at all and yes the rogue needs a LOT of work done but people really do not know some things about rogue. The rogue is not a "glass cannon" he has more survivability than most classes, the rogue is able to reach 40% deflect chance easily and they start with a natural 75% deflect severity and that is so good. If you play a rogue you should not go full dps, your dmg is good for single target not as much as gwf but they are OP anyway so go for some defence, around 30-35k hp with 1.5k regen 2k defence and deflect and your rogue will be amazing, able to survive very well and live longer to deal more dmg.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    The most useless class?

You probably never played a single game of PVP in your life and you probably have never heard of GFs
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The most useless class?

You probably never played a single game of PVP in your life and you probably have never heard of GFs

Lol yeah TR, HR and GWF are the 3 pvp classes, i play gf and have to try so hard also rogues aren't being nerfed at least but gf are being nerfed bad in mod 4 not that we need it because we are already the worst.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Lol yeah TR, HR and GWF are the 3 pvp classes, i play gf and have to try so hard also rogues aren't being nerfed at least but gf are being nerfed bad in mod 4 not that we need it because we are already the worst.

I feel you. It's hard to read a post this whiny about one of the top 3 PvP classes ("waaaah people call me a perma nub" as a GF is getting destroyed by an enemy who is just looking at him). I don't disagree that TRs could benefit from some changes, but I think GFs, DCs, and CWs are in greater need of work.

That being said, it doesn't hurt to shine light on problems with any of the classes, including the better ones.

(Also, I think DCs should have at the very least medium resist or high mobility in your list.).
  • Options
    maxiumdanmaxiumdan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Still time to make changes...especially to permastealth.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    velynna wrote: »
    I feel you. It's hard to read a post this whiny about one of the top 3 PvP classes ("waaaah people call me a perma nub" as a GF is getting destroyed by an enemy who is just looking at him). I don't disagree that TRs could benefit from some changes, but I think GFs, DCs, and CWs are in greater need of work.

That being said, it doesn't hurt to shine light on problems with any of the classes, including the better ones.

(Also, I think DCs should have at the very least medium resist or high mobility in your list.).

Yes all classes could do with work even stronger ones but thats the problem, in mod 4 the gf and wizard, 2 already weak classes are being nerfed and i dont get this....i guess rogues will be able to beat these 2 classes with 1 dagger instead of needing 2 now.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes all classes could do with work even stronger ones but thats the problem, in mod 4 the gf and wizard, 2 already weak classes are being nerfed and i dont get this....i guess rogues will be able to beat these 2 classes with 1 dagger instead of needing 2 now.

I would suggest going to PTR and checking out some of the new builds for GF and CW using the control path. I don't think weak is the word that will come to mind
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    lwedar wrote: »
    I would suggest going to PTR and checking out some of the new builds for GF and CW using the control path. I don't think weak is the word that will come to mind

I know all about both classes i have a gf as my main and have learned everything there is to know and i do good in pvp sure but the gf potential doesn't even compete with the 3 pvp classes.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014

^this +1.

Also, the OP wanting his class to not only be the only sole high damage class, but like someone said earlier, the TR ALREADY employs survivability, mobility, and even cc immunity(TR/GWF the only 2 classes capable of breaking cc).

Let me explain some things TR have in their favor that seems forgotten:

-permastealth build favors you in every fight, due to inability to EVEN TARGET YOU, leaving someone to retreat/change tactics to deal with you.
    -ITC/Bloodbath gives you cc immunity. And let's face it, if the TR is even half decent, the only time you see the TR is when their in ITC.
    -Might've been nerfed too much in response, but Shocking Execution used to hit through def, and WAS NOT WAI.
    -Your combo of stealth and cc immunities/dodges allows you to retreat by FAR better than most of the other classes.

Wanting to further lower DC/GF shows how OP views balance. They already have basically no offenses, and next to no worth in a dungeon(high enough life steal). Permastealth rogues can actually SOLO dungeons.

I'm sorry, but this guy sounds like he's following his own advice: qq when he gets slapped by another class...
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    In no game Ive ever played (video, board, or pnp), in no book I've ever read, in no movie I've ever seen have wizards been anything less than high damage.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    brun2000 wrote: »
    Seriously, when are you going to open up your eyes to the most useless class in the game?
    I just saw the patch notes from the preview and they are just insane... How can you ignore Tr's to badly?
    Why I say this:
    - Most bugged class in the history of my played games
    - Unwanted in PVE (people leave when they see a Tr in parties)
    - Hated in PVP (O MY GOWD, PERMA SO NUB, STOP STEALTH SCRUB!)

Bugs I've found:
    - Bloodbath hits the rock thing from CW's as if it was a player (I lost count how many were saved by that)
    - ITC Gets bypassed or used but without effect most of the times
    - Lashing Blade Fails to hit jumping targets (Not always but still stupid as hell)
    - Socking Execution can be dodged from jumping or sometimes for unknown thing (weak, yet bugged)
    - At-Wills that get 60 seconds cooldown is so cool isn't it?
    - Bloodbath gets used but does not persue/deal damage to the target (slowest building AP, yet bugged)

Bugs Fixed in the patch: Let me see... NONE. Why is there even a bug report button if it serves no purpose?

Why its an unwanted class in PVE:
    No big deal AOE damage-dealing spells.
    Every DPS class in this game deals WAYYYYY more damage in than a TR.
    Needs to get into the fight while being a glass cannon (DEADLYFAST).
    [Not much, but enough]

Why its hated in PVP:
    - Has Stealth and if you get slapped-crit in the back you go QQ to the chat.

I am not a perma-stealth because I find it boring to just be running arround the node while doing nothing, but the weakness TR has now makes me believe that the perma-stealthers actually have a reason to be there. Give us our Insane damage back and we will FOR SURE leave those builds! I mean... they even removed our only prone from a daily because people were QQ'ing about being slapped with it (A DAILY! SLOWESTBUILDING AP CLASSINTHEGAME) and then if they didn't die they would be slapped again with something else... I mean... Really? I don't even know why its still called "Shocking Execution" since it can't do balls. I cannot deal more than 20k on a dummy with 13k+ GS on my TR but with a 9.3k GS CW I can hit 25k AOE spells... And its not just CW, GWF and HR can do it too, I got crit on a pvp match today on 27k from the strong at-will they have and if it wasn't soulforged I'd be 1 shot.

GF: Low Mobility, Medium control, Low damage, High Resist*
    DC: Medium mobility, Medium control, Low Damage, Low Resist (+ Heals)

What is wrong should be highlighted as red.
    * Possibly fixed in next module

Let me know your opinions on this and please don't come troll to this thread.

You forgot the Shadow Strike bug.

I am VERY tired of waiting for these powers to be fixed. I think it is time for me to exit, because I just don't see them getting fixed at all. Some of them have been around for over a year at this point, and aren't even mentioned as being on anyone's radar to fix. I can't give a business $ when they don't provide a working product. :(
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I know all about both classes i have a gf as my main and have learned everything there is to know and i do good in pvp sure but the gf potential doesn't even compete with the 3 pvp classes.
    You may well know all there is to know about the GF in Mod 3, but without going on the test server and trying one out you don't know everything about how they'll be in Mod 4. Which was the point being made. Far too many people are QQing based on the initial information on Mod 4 changes and haven't bothered testing for themselves or keeping up with developments since.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You may well know all there is to know about the GF in Mod 3, but without going on the test server and trying one out you don't know everything about how they'll be in Mod 4. Which was the point being made. Far too many people are QQing based on the initial information on Mod 4 changes and haven't bothered testing for themselves or keeping up with developments since.

I have played the test server and tested everything and they have made the gf much much worse.... i win a lot of 1v1 but on the test server i lose most of the time due to our shield being pointless now.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    GF: Low Mobility, Medium control, Low damage, High Resist*
    DC: Medium mobility, Medium control, Low Damage, Low Resist (+ Heals)

Rogues should have HIGH mobility - they have Dexterity as prime stat!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    People should be careful what they wish for. As anyone who has tried the new GF block on preview should know- the only thing worse than being ignored by the devs is getting special attention from them :D
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    TRs are going to go through a major update without a nerf.

"Stop ignoring TRs?"... Be careful what you wish for.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    edited June 2014

I actually don't know about this, ebcause DC's only have to stay in the back line to heal, so if they're caught out of position they should be punished, no? I feel that's how its supposed to work.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    TRs are going to go through a major update without a nerf.

"Stop ignoring TRs?"... Be careful what you wish for.

No, TRs are going through a major update without bug fixes.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I actually don't know about this, ebcause DC's only have to stay in the back line to heal, so if they're caught out of position they should be punished, no? I feel that's how its supposed to work.

You've obviously never played one. That's probably the worst possible way to try to play a cleric in Neverwinter.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Rogues should have HIGH mobility - they have Dexterity as prime stat!

The way they designed the rogue feels like its a medium mobility class with stealth TBH. Tell me what's high mobility about them.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You've obviously never played one. That's probably the worst possible way to try to play a cleric in Neverwinter.

I have a cleric, but I don't know what you mean by that, clerics are that one class that if it dies, the whole team is in risk of following up. Can you explain better please?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Many cleric abilities are caster-centered, moreso if you play as Anointed Champion, not Divine Oracle. You need to be in the thick of things to be most effective.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    People should be careful what they wish for. As anyone who has tried the new GF block on preview should know- the only thing worse than being ignored by the devs is getting special attention from them :D

I felt like it was a buff to them, but everyone seems to be on the negative side, so... I'll wait and see. IMO, they should be buffed, not on the damage, but on the resists. It should be that one class to ignore during a pvp fight until everyone else is dead, meanwhile they are too squishy.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Many cleric abilities are caster-centered, moreso if you play as Anointed Champion, not Divine Oracle. You need to be in the thick of things to be most effective.

Well, it kinda depends, usually in the last boss when you're trapped in that room, you should be in the center of things helping them and staying protected at the same time... But yeah, I see your point, maybe they should have Medium Resist.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »

LOL, very true, i have been waiting for a gf buff for a long time and when i read the start of the post saying gf changes i was so happy but then i seen what the changes where..........:(
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    williep30 wrote: »
    ^this +1.

Also, the OP wanting his class to not only be the only sole high damage class, but like someone said earlier, the TR ALREADY employs survivability, mobility, and even cc immunity(TR/GWF the only 2 classes capable of breaking cc).

Let me explain some things TR have in their favor that seems forgotten:

-permastealth build favors you in every fight, due to inability to EVEN TARGET YOU, leaving someone to retreat/change tactics to deal with you.
    -ITC/Bloodbath gives you cc immunity. And let's face it, if the TR is even half decent, the only time you see the TR is when their in ITC.
    -Might've been nerfed too much in response, but Shocking Execution used to hit through def, and WAS NOT WAI.
    -Your combo of stealth and cc immunities/dodges allows you to retreat by FAR better than most of the other classes.

Wanting to further lower DC/GF shows how OP views balance. They already have basically no offenses, and next to no worth in a dungeon(high enough life steal). Permastealth rogues can actually SOLO dungeons.

I'm sorry, but this guy sounds like he's following his own advice: qq when he gets slapped by another class...

I am the one sorry here m8, you should read threads better before giving out those opinions.
    1st I'm not a perma-builder

2nd Noone likes to build perma because its way too boring and you are only wasting your time capturing nothing and standing on nodes until someone decides to use AOE

3rd SE still hits through def but now, if you don't get a crit on it, its pretty much not even worth using for as lashing blade will deal much more damage than that (as a daily!)

4th This might be true, but if you watch closely the gameplay of a good TR, all they do is go in, try to kill someone, mostly fail, retreat as low health, regen back, go back in and get the kill on the low health target. This is not fun at all, they only have about 5seconds of a gap to kill someone and that's probably way too late. Watch it closely and you will see the only thing TRs can do is run in and out of nodes doing not much more than getting low hp targets. ITS NOT FUN, its actually really BORING.

5th I never said I wanted to lower DC/GF, I'd like to see where I said that. I even agree with the buffing of those 2 classes, the red highlighting shows that.

I'm sorry but you sound like someone that only likes to throw hate because you didn't want to waste your time reading everything.
    Have a good night.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My own personal experience is that I played as a TR for about a month in mainly PvE when I started the game. I wasn't perma-stealth and yet still my damage output was pitiful. I'm sure I didn't have a great build, but even then it was a struggle to get through the Epic Pirate King with a similarly geared party. I switched to CW and laughed my way through the game. My CW was/is a dps monster. Recently I've gone back and tried to bring my TR up to par by finishing off boons and respecing him on the preview server to no avail. He does damage about 1/5th as fast as my CW, if that. It feels like even if I topped him off with all rank 10 enchants I doubt I'll ever get him to 50% of my CW's damage. Running through Icewind Dale feels like I'm hitting elephants with a wiffle-ball bat. TR's damage output in PvE situations is a legitimate problem that the developers should address. How to do it without making them overpowered monsters in PvP is a hard problem. But it's one they need to figure out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I am the one sorry here m8, you should read threads better before giving out those opinions.
    1st I'm not a perma-builder

2nd Noone likes to build perma because its way too boring and you are only wasting your time capturing nothing and standing on nodes until someone decides to use AOE

3rd SE still hits through def but now, if you don't get a crit on it, its pretty much not even worth using for as lashing blade will deal much more damage than that (as a daily!)

4th This might be true, but if you watch closely the gameplay of a good TR, all they do is go in, try to kill someone, mostly fail, retreat as low health, regen back, go back in and get the kill on the low health target. This is not fun at all, they only have about 5seconds of a gap to kill someone and that's probably way too late. Watch it closely and you will see the only thing TRs can do is run in and out of nodes doing not much more than getting low hp targets. ITS NOT FUN, its actually really BORING.

5th I never said I wanted to lower DC/GF, I'd like to see where I said that. I even agree with the buffing of those 2 classes, the red highlighting shows that.

I'm sorry but you sound like someone that only likes to throw hate because you didn't want to waste your time reading everything.
    Have a good night.

Well I'm sorry here m8, because your OP sounded QQing based, as others have already stated. So, if mine "looked like hate", yours was definitely a whine fest.

1)you may not be a perma, but that IS one of the OP builds that people are calling for nerfs(not myself; just figured I'd have to explain that to you, as YOURE not reading the posts here).

2)the majority of TRs now ARE permastealth. Whether or not they were "forced" into that position is up to them. But the majority of TRs ARE.(btw, I have a non perma path of blades tr, in a perma world ;) ).

3)other classes have also had their powers nerfed. The thing that debunks your thread is the fact that they've been looked at since beta. Sure, they've been nerfed, but there was good reason for some of said nerfs... Even w/o permastealth, they were initially the hardest hitting class(the 1st "1 shotting" class).

4)what your narrow minded view is forgetting, that you CAN escape. At least 3 other classes(CW/DC/GF) CANT. Not to mention stealth lasts over 5 seconds if you put points in a certain feat, pvp gear, or even any of the perma encounters.

5)you categorized every class but your own(fancy that!) as "low-medium damage"(hr medium-high at best). So your class should have high power AND high mobility in addition to stealth and higher crit chance than everyone else?!

And those are why you were called out on this obvious QQ thread you started. Your thread(through the eyes of not only me but others as well) sounds like nothing more than "buff me/nerf everyone else" QQing.

Now YOU have a good night ;).
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...