test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which server: Mimic or Owlbear?

klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
I would like to test the new class change in dungeons, however, every time I log on the test server Mimic, nobody is around, it feels like a ghost town.
This lead me to wonder if I choose the wrong test server and everyone is on Owlbear.
So, tell me... is Owlbear more populated than Mimic or it's natural that Test servers are so empty?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To my understanding Owlbear is the test environment for existing content (i.e. currently Live server content) when Mimic is being utilized to beta test content for the next Module.

So to answer you question Owlbear, when it exists, is usually less populated then Mimic. As for Mimic being empty it may simply be that the population is lower due to the CTA - Anniversary Event that is ongoing on Dragon.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    First, the two shards serve different purposes. Owlbear is only ever online for testing maintenance patches when Mimic is in use for long-term testing of new content. If there is no current need for both, then only one preview shard is available. If you want to test new content, Mimic is the place. Second, yeah, not a lot of people test stuff compared to playing live. Just logging in and hoping is going to be catch as catch can.

Edit: Also, as stated, test populations are reduced further because of a time-limited event going on now. And even further because many people are currently unable to access preview because it crashes for us (myself included).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I see, thanks for the replies.
    I guess I'll just have to hop in and be a little luckier with population next time.