test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The graphics are are blurry?

xdamned4lifexdamned4life Member Posts: 95
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Tad bit misleading but I had for to get this off my chest first.

"An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #97.85f6ffb0.1403507184.1db448ac"

I keep getting this error each time I try to refresh the forums and it's getting annoying, I can't even access the Tech Support forum because of this infuriating bug.

Now for the real issue, For me, for some reason Neverwinter has been appearing all blurry and poor in visual quality, I had made a ticket about this and had got a respsonse with the following:
Hello,

Thank you for informing us about happened to your launcher. We appreciate you for playing Neverwinter and we want to make sure that your stay with us would be a great experience.

We do apologize for the inconvenience and let us provide you some tricks to solve this issue. It is either you had a bad connection or most likely files you recently patched were corrupted. Here are some workarounds that can help you fix it:
Using the Launcher:

•Go to Options and check 'Disable On-Demand' patching. See if this works.
•You can then try to 'Force-Verify' to make sure your files are not corrupt or missing.
•You can also try to run in Safe Mode as well.

Here are some other possible solutions if you have not already done so:

•Make sure the game and your drivers (graphics, network, sound, motherboard, etc) are fully updated.

•You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access (right-click and select run as administrator) to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

•You can try trying the compatibility mode of the game launcher. Right-click, go to properties, and go to the Compatibility tab. Check the 'Run this program in....." and try different modes, such as XP Compatibly mode.
We believe these workarounds would be helpful for you on your current issue..

Let us know if you have other concerns or issues.

Cheers!

Perfect World Support

Check out Neverwinter's latest module, Curse of Icewind Dale!

Had done all of that I was instructed, I ran it on safe mode, verified the files, let it patch which took four days because each time it would randomly restart itself from the beginning, like it was short enough already, turned off on-demand patching, got a new update for my Graphics card and /still/ it was horrible and blurry, even tried to turn everything to the best quality it can in the menu but no dice, still was the same, any ideas on how to fix this?
Post edited by xdamned4life on

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Since this post will be locked and fall into the depths (since you quoted Ciustomer Support - a ToS violation) I'll try and sneak this in.

Apparently some people had some "scaling" option turned down (or up?) - once they reset it back to 1.0 blurriness went away.

...and, of course actually searching the forums for "graphics blurry" yielded:

zebular wrote: »
    . . . The options menu changed around a bit, so I don't recall it off hand, but I think the option you're looking for was called "Render Scale" - most likely the game auto-adjusted your settings upon initial load and set the render scale down below 100%. Just knock this up to 100% and it should look a lot better. I do think that this option now moved to one of the two sliders Jorafice mentioned above. Thanks, J!
  • xdamned4lifexdamned4life Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2014
    I had checked the terms of service and never once seen anything regarding quoting Gamemasters to had been infringement of the agreements when I had searched for the word "quote", Oh well, unfortunately I had done all this as stated before, tinkering around with all the options, turning the rendering scale to max but to no avail.
  • xdamned4lifexdamned4life Member Posts: 95
    edited June 2014
    ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤBump.
  • maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Screenshot? Screen capture? Client settings dump? Anything?

Usually i spend half an hour, after each mod upgrade "explaining" and forcing the client to use the video settings, ratio, refresh rate and such, i want (and what my hardware is cappable to).

As for "web" errors, forget it. Use e-mail or more dirrect approach for communication.
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Maybe cut-n-paste your "GfxSettings" from your Gameprefs.pref file into a message?