test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunter Ranger Forest Ghost

linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
Since we do not have the stout armor of the GWF or her stamina and movement ease, should the HR have access to use forest ghost as an at will and remain in that until one moves?

Example...say the HR sets up, goes into forest ghost mode and can stay in that mode as long as S/he doesnt move....S/he can fire arrows and ghost mode isnt lifted unless one moves position. The mob can spot the shooter but with FAR less % than it is now. When spotted ...then she has to move and there is a cool down before one can go into ghost mode again.

For role playing..the HR as it is...fires a long range arrow...and S/he's immediately spotted and leaped upon by the Mob...then tries to skulk away (especially in heavy traffic like the coalesced polar bears etc) like a wounded ant hoping a mate intervenes.

Lets fix this :)
Post edited by linoge63 on

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lol, please. That's just silly.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just LOL.

Give us rogues deft strike as an at-will then. Since GWF's already have a stolen at-will as a gap closer.
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lol, so it would be like Hunter Camouflage in wow?
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Good grief...can i delete this entire thread now...P

I just cleaned out one of these 2-3 heroic encounters totally solo ( with high threat help from my man at arms) without forest ghost
    or anything like i mentioned above...just by waking up and using the combo of abilities I have...thanks a tonne to Voltomey's HR compendium of insights...God what a difference :) An in training HR student bow to you.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    linoge63 wrote: »
    Since we do not have the stout armor of the GWF or her stamina and movement ease, should the HR have access to use forest ghost as an at will and remain in that until one moves?

Example...say the HR sets up, goes into forest ghost mode and can stay in that mode as long as S/he doesnt move....S/he can fire arrows and ghost mode isnt lifted unless one moves position. The mob can spot the shooter but with FAR less % than it is now. When spotted ...then she has to move and there is a cool down before one can go into ghost mode again.

For role playing..the HR as it is...fires a long range arrow...and S/he's immediately spotted and leaped upon by the Mob...then tries to skulk away (especially in heavy traffic like the coalesced polar bears etc) like a wounded ant hoping a mate intervenes.

Lets fix this :)

Aimed Shot. No.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am amused that the OP came back to this thread in embarrassment after adjusting their playstyle.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is absurd. LOL
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sure, it's called "Ambush." Look it up.

Not quite an At-Will, but close enough as an encounter.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would like to have Bull Charge as at-will on my GF please :)
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tonyswu wrote: »
    I would like to have Bull Charge as at-will on my GF please :)

Yes please!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Well, inb4 closing, given we are in a "extreme fantasy thread", I'd like Aimed Shot with 0.5-1 sec charge ;)
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd like to see an unlimited long ranged gap closer with fast animation and high damage on my GWF. Oh wait...
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    I'd like to see an unlimited long ranged gap closer with fast animation and high damage on my GWF. Oh wait...

Long range?! last time I knew, 28' wasn't long range... Or else every CWs/HRs at will would be reclassified as SUPER LONG RANGE lol.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • Options
    tonitruslipistonitruslipis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As it stands right now with the right setup the HR can stay in stealth just about as long as a TR, so agreed with other it would be to powerful, how ever from what i have see, HR in most cases unless maxing out all slots can keep up with the GS and PVP plays of most of the classes and in most cases dominant the arena, but the TR seems to be one of the weaker classes in this game, when it comes to damages range, and gear, the HR in-which i am using now has most of what a TR should and does have but no trap disarming skills. HR is just fine so far the way it is
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    There are enough trees around we could use the new ability to climb tree...stealth assassinate from it...P
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    williep30 wrote: »
    Long range?! last time I knew, 28' wasn't long range... Or else every CWs/HRs at will would be reclassified as SUPER LONG RANGE lol.

Still more then every dodge in the game.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    linoge63 wrote: »
    Since we do not have the stout armor of the GWF

Aspect of the Lone Wolf
  • Options
    williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Still more then every dodge in the game.

Actually, it's the same distance as the big 3(cw/dc/tr) dodges. Although I think it doesn't need to be that same distance... maybe 20' or so?

EDIT: Threatening rush is a little (3') longer than dodge...
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • Options
    ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Can we (TRs) have shocking exectuion as will, pls! ^^
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yep...just expressing honesty.. relax people...some of us are not professional gamers