test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 4 - Nothing for the DC, changes to GF, CW, GWF

lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Temple
This is linked in the General Discussions category, but as it concerns Clerics - or rather changes to anything but the Cleric, I'll post the original here.

https://twitter.com/chrismeyer33/status/477574939428405248

As Meyer says - keep an eye on the preview server.
...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
"Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
..............not this one then.............
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• serowforsakenserowforsaken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm very much looking forward to the balance changes, considering that I play mostly HR and DC.
    60 Hunter Ranger
    The rest still up-and-coming!
  • theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We had a big fix to DCs in Module3- the reworking of righteousness. Yes I know it still leaves a sour taste somewhere, and please don't turn this into another whine thread but it got rid of a bunch of unintended game mechanics, made us much better party supporters and paves the way to easier healing/class healing adjustments possibly in the future.

Module 4 also promises to fix the ArP bug on our DoTs. It may be possible the damage of our abilities could be scaled because of this but all in all a very needed fix for consistency's sake.

Edit: After doing some quick tests it does seem ArP works properly on all our powers including BtS, FF, BoTS, chains, HoF etc.
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • goldroger007goldroger007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mmm we can say DCs got nerfed in module 3, in module 3 we even get less heals from AS, last feat from virtuous is trash, im a DPS cleric and i would never go for the "DPS" tree since it sux, the only working tree is righteous and some ppl go faithful for pve.

they really need to rework dailies, the 3 trees, and maybe and extra bonus from using at willis on divine mode.

note: they are not fixing arp on dots bcs of dcs they are doing it bcs of cws xD
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Mod 4 Preview Patch Note for the Cleric:

Devoted Cleric
    Chains of Blazing Light: The tooltip will now correctly show how much damage this power will deal.

and that's it.

Lots of adjustments to other classes, possibly too many at once for some of these. But it's only first preview yet, so things can change.

Full preview post is here, as you expect it is already fairly active:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?692671-Tyranny-of-Dragons-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-25-20140616d-2
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think people will pay attention to buffs and debuffs more, making DC's more useful. The GWF can no longer absorb a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of damage. The CW's AoE damage is being brought down significantly. Our buffs/debuffs allow people to still deal and absorb a lot of damage.

To me the interesting piece will be if they introduce another character class. If so, will it be warlock or druid?
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lyaise wrote: »
    Mod 4 Preview Patch Note for the Cleric:

Devoted Cleric
    Chains of Blazing Light: The tooltip will now correctly show how much damage this power will deal.

and that's it.

Actually, I think if Critical Strike and Armour Penetration applied to all our powers properly, whether At Will, Encounters or Dailies, whether Divinely Channeled or not, whether support or combat, healing, regeneration, buffing, damage, debuffing or DoT, that would make a BIG difference to us overall.

All those other changes to other classes are to get rid of ridiculous over-powering and imbalance. DC does not need any of that as he is nerfed to Oblivion and back anyway. It's about time they started sorting out this mess. Reducing damage etc on those classes is because:
    1) they are way too high anyway and
    2) because ArPen is going to work properly.

And a CONTROL Wizard should not be doing damage like an ELEMENTALIST INVOKER, anyway. I have 12 characters, with at least one of each class, and I agree with those changes.

It's about time!

Although, when I started playing in February, I did not know I was beta testing for Crapt.ic....

~
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Based on the past updates it seems that they make the cleric weaker every time, perhaps its better that they make no changes :p
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Seeing the proposed changes to the archery tree for the HR and simply nothing for the DC are disgusting.
  • grimslawgrimslaw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2014
    or maybe they are doing the changes in stages...
  • serowforsakenserowforsaken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Maybe they don't know what will happen if all the AP/Crit/etc stats actually work for a change.
    60 Hunter Ranger
    The rest still up-and-coming!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    grimslaw wrote: »
    or maybe they are doing the changes in stages...

If you check the dev tracker now, you'll see that Crush has referred in passing to future changes for the DC in the feedback thread for GF changes currently in testing.

You'll also see another post where he says that DCs and TRs are not forgotten, but that they can't do all the changes at once.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you check the dev tracker now, you'll see that Crush has referred in passing to future changes for the DC in the feedback thread for GF changes currently in testing.

You'll also see another post where he says that DCs and TRs are not forgotten, but that they can't do all the changes at once.

With the history of nerfs (announced and stealth) the class has suffered over time, allow my cynicism to come into play when I say - I'll believe it when I see it.

Changes in future - well their apparent lack of resource didn't stop them revising Righteousness so it affected more of our abilities - no shortage of manpower there I see.
  • theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I share the opinion that the changes to the other 3 classes needs to first be stabilised to reevaluate where the gaps are in the group and how our class roles may or may not be filling those needs. That will not be readily apparently till most group had a chance to try dungeons/PvP in various settings. Because the DC is simultaneously the strength and weakness of the group it makes sense to balance or rework them after the other classes.
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • gudgeonatorgudgeonator Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    YES! tooltip fixed - "FIST PUMP". time for drinks! But is it ... ?

stands back from DC design spec ... holds up hands to make frame .... tilts head and squints ... "yes -perfect class chaps - well done".

I'd say the DC has great potential to be simultaneously the weakness and irrelevance of the group. Admittedly I've come back after a lengthy break from the game (healing depression - I healed too much - who knew?), but even slapping on the grim set staying alive these days with a tanky DC is just a nice dream against anything but mobs. I guess the old sentinel cleric meta is but a twinkle in an old man's eye. Ahh the days of frustrating any other class by not dying instantly (but also having bugger all chance of killing them) - how wonderfully decadent and nerf worthy that was.

Now it's furtive looks over the shoulder as I dutifully mine my black ice and rub off/copy dwarven graffiti in the icy wastes. "Oh noes - a horribly undergeared HR - time to break out the tissues for my impending funeral - oh but wait - I slotted my healing rotation for running this section - oops - self-healing bad son - oh but wait - my dps (hahahaha) rotation is slotted - oops - no healing at all mum? oh well - kits are cheap - maybe i should party for this content like nobody else needs to".

I am not giving up on this useless broken back dog of a class. Sentimental attachment is weird like that.
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Because the DC is simultaneously the strength and weakness of the group it makes sense to balance or rework them after the other classes.

Huh? I thought that the constant stream of nerfs WAS "re-balancing" the DC, and now they were finally getting around to the other classes!

Devs should read the 4E rule books and play the game.

~
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What is apparent to me is if they are going to really rebalance and gut job the GWF/CWs then they should go from ground up and stop just nerfing everything and gut ripping path lines builds to the floor so no one will use.

Remove Iron Vangaurd from the gWF line, since you are taking away all the best features anyways, give them a new path, mixing survivility, gap closing and lesser dps then swordmaster, but more defense, instead of trying to make the path matching for both GFs and GWFs, its apparent you need to do this, its not working trying to balance the two classes together. GFs should always = more defense then GWFs, but should have less DPS then them, no matter what path. GWFs should = less defense but more dps, then GFs no matter what path.

CWs.. its a complete gut rip job out of the Thaum/Renagade spellstorm lines, pretty much trashing both , so who knows where that class is going anymore.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    MoF. All CWs will be MoF.

Yeah, it does all seem a bit odd. Obviously it's early days, so lots of testing and changes, but it seems like rather than making the other classes as fun as the CWs and GWFs, they've gone for making CWs and GWFs as tedious as the others.

And of course all this really means is that people will stack more of them. :p
    edited June 2014
    morsitans wrote: »

Yeah, it does all seem a bit odd. Obviously it's early days, so lots of testing and changes, but it seems like rather than making the other classes as fun as the CWs and GWFs, they've gone for making CWs and GWFs as tedious as the others.

Exactly.. two classes were really fun to play, they nerf the erf out of them , ouch.

The new warlock better be really really fun and can compete against HRs.

You like the 3-4 GWF matchups? Just wait, 5 HRS TEAMS ftw.. I was bringing mine up slowly , but it may be time to get mine to 60 this weekend and work on boons and gear..

Since HRS benefit the least from direct DC support, they will be less likely needed for those teams.

ITs funny , they went so far and so drastic, that even dialing it back, will make most of the paths/builds icky!
  • psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

The rest of the classes aren't tedious. The problem is they outperform in every aspect the remaining classes.

And really do you like a game where every class has the same: same damage, same cc, same mitigation, etc. Cw and gwf can't stay the way the are now. They have trivialize pve content.
    And nobody in their right mind can't see how OP are gwf in pvp.

Yeah I know, "but hr...". Well let's say that after this patch we won't have anymore 2 OP classes in pve and 3 OP classes in pvp, but way less. And I really like it.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Basically at the moment, if I want to just enjoy the game, I'll log onto my CW or my GWF. They're incredibly fun to play, and for 99% of the content you can more or less breeze through without even needing to think. If you actually concentrate then woo. If I join a protector's skirm with my DC, and see the rest of the team is level 10-20, I know it's going to be tedious as hell. If I join the same group with my CW or GWF, it's more or less "WOO I'LL JUST SOLO IT THEN! Wheeeeeee".

GF sits somewhere in the middle, my TR/HR are both about level 35 so I can't necessarily comment.

What I would've liked in terms of changes was buffing up the non-GWF/CW classes to the level of effortless facerolling hilarity funz those classes currently enjoy, and then adding more, harder, less add-intensive content.

People don't want to continue grinding the "same content only now it's harder coz half your stuff got neutered, whereas everyone else is exactly as <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as before".

Overall, it's not offering a carrot to the GFs/DCs/TRs, it's just hitting CWs/GWFs/HRs with a stick.
    edited June 2014
    Basically at the moment, if I want to just enjoy the game, I'll log onto my CW or my GWF. They're incredibly fun to play, and for 99% of the content you can more or less breeze through without even needing to think. If you actually concentrate then woo. If I join a protector's skirm with my DC, and see the rest of the team is level 10-20, I know it's going to be tedious as hell. If I join the same group with my CW or GWF, it's more or less "WOO I'LL JUST SOLO IT THEN! Wheeeeeee".

GF sits somewhere in the middle, my TR/HR are both about level 35 so I can't necessarily comment.

What I would've liked in terms of changes was buffing up the non-GWF/CW classes to the level of effortless facerolling hilarity funz those classes currently enjoy, and then adding more, harder, less add-intensive content.

People don't want to continue grinding the "same content only now it's harder coz half your stuff got neutered, whereas everyone else is exactly as <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as before".

Overall, it's not offering a carrot to the GFs/DCs/TRs, it's just hitting CWs/GWFs/HRs with a stick.

If they dont back down at least a little on the GWF nerfs, It will be retired on my end, I have no need to sit there and grind dailies on another slow paced class. Ive never played a game where DPS wasnt considered a advantage in many circumstances.

The problem here wasnt the CW/GWF it was how lame they made the healer/tank types. Ive never played another mmo where the healer was as bad and as weak as this one. Never.. in 20 years. It actually wasn't as terrible until tenacity showed up + healing depression, then stack several nerf factors in from Module 3 and their refusal to revisit the percentage of righteousness on the DC. Other issue, is them nerfing the CW, does nothing for poeple to "want" a tr/hr/gf in dungeons, it may make them more viable, just because the CW isnt as strong, but then again, 4 cws might be better then 2 and other classes.

Why people keep pushing the ideal that a weakened other class will buff theirs makes no sense to me.

My HR is now 45 as of this morning, could get it there quicker, but trying to level mainly through PVP dom matches to have enough glory to just purchase t1 set outright when I turn 60 .. harder now as they nerfed glory gain pre 60. I should give up on gwf in total, but was a couple days away from the BI weapon set and need a few more days for last piece of profound. I was then going to jump into some t2s to get my AoW set .. but frankly have lost most of my desire to play that class.