test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Clock Tower not working...?

silverleadsilverlead Member Posts: 63
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
So I'm new to this game but I have been trying to do the clock tower dungeon all day and there is a wall that is solid that none of us can go past but the pathfinder leads us directly to it. Everyone keeps leaving the group and we reque and same thing. So am I missing something? Everyone in the groups I join says it's bugged and that everyone at perfect world are a bunch of asshats and monkeys. Is this true? Is it bugged?
Post edited by silverlead on

Comments

• silverleadsilverlead Member Posts: 63
    edited June 2014
    ugh I meant Cloak Tower?
  • aerfonaerfon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's been bugged for a long time, it happens when your group enters using the queue system. If you enter the dungeon manually from the entrance then you should get a working a instance.
  • silverleadsilverlead Member Posts: 63
    edited June 2014
    oh. ugh. So where is it even? Ive never seen it so not sure where to enter it manually...
  • vonfeltyvonfelty Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah clock tower gets bugged. Last time it happened it resolved itself after 24 hours, but apparently it happens all the time. Submit a bug report. Today there was a skirmished bugged so I wasn't able to do that daily.

They ought to look into those bugs.
  • raenter1raenter1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Cloak Tower is in the Tower District. The second place you are sent to after Blacklake and such.
  • fdgxfhxfgnzthfdgxfhxfgnzth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The bad thing is that you have to report already "fixed" bugs. Cloak tower was "fixed" 2 times already and now again.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    (CLOCK): Clock-Worker's Guild (a.k.a. "Clock Tower" - which isn't even a tower) is located in Neverdeath Graveyard and it is the climactic end-quest for the zone.

(CLOAK): Cloak Tower is located in the Tower District (three zone-levels *below* Neverdeath) and is a queued Dungeon Delve recommending a party of five (though level 50-something can solo, or so has been said).

There have been bug reports for months now about CLOAK TOWER in Tower District. I have never seen any bug reports about Clock Worker's Guild (a.k.a Misnomer: "Clock Tower" - which isn't even a tower).

To reach Cloak Tower by ground:
    Enter the zone and follow the 'paved' path, past the sewer, up the hill, through the cracked rock to the last campfire.
    At the campfire, continue on the path, make an immediate LEFT TURN and follow the path all the way up the hill. At the top of the hill is the main door entrance into CLOAK TOWER.

The door is intractable with a "Press F to enter".

Good luck!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you either queue in as a full party, or enter via the door, you should get into a fresh, unbugged instance which will allow you to do the entire dungeon normally.

The door bug seems to trigger when people bail at the final boss and their replacements get sent in unable to access the fight. The queue keeps sending in replacements* to an uncompletable dungeon and the instance can't clear itself as long as there are people in it.

*when solo queueing, you are extremely likely to be placed with a party that has lost a member
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have never seen any bug reports about Clock Worker's Guild (a.k.a Misnomer: "Clock Tower" - which isn't even a tower).
    At one point there was a bug that affected it (and a similar one at the Plague Tower) where if two or more people were running the lair, it was impossible to answer the riddle towards the end making it impossible to complete. The work around was to have one person split from the group and then answer the question as quickly as possible before rejoining the group. In a lair, leaving the group gives a slight window before you get removed from the instance allowing this to be done.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    At one point there was a bug that affected it (and a similar one at the Plague Tower) where if two or more people were running the lair, it was impossible to answer the riddle towards the end making it impossible to complete. The work around was to have one person split from the group and then answer the question as quickly as possible before rejoining the group. In a lair, leaving the group gives a slight window before you get removed from the instance allowing this to be done.

Oh yes! I remember that one. I apologize I misremembered that. Though that one is more of a Party versus Dialog issue that just happened to be in those places - you are certainly correct!