test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

the game is lagging

Comments

• colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I appreciate the assistance, I assure you.

Just tired of the circular 'you're lying to avoid fixing the problem' types of comments.
    The first line was more directed at them than to you. :)

I understand, don't worry. Personally i could not stay as calm... i guess, haha. (it's almost as in Groundhog day)

• ggyuggyu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That has already been stated in this thread. But no point listening to us, we're just trying to make excuses. :p

The problem is that Cryptic does not use Cogentco. That is not their ISP. It just happens to be nearby. Cryptic has no more control over Cogentco than you do because Cogentco just happens to be on the way to their servers for many people. If we equate the internet to driving Cryptic only has control of their parking lot and the road outside of their parking lot while you only have control of your driveway and the road your driveway connects to.

I work for a big company's Distribution Center. It has 2 dedicated entrances and a 4 lane road in front of the entrance to accommodate for the traffic coming into it's parking lot. Past their parking lot and the immediate road they have no control of traffic. If the highway I drive on to get to work is too small to support to amount of traffic my company is not responsible for that. They can do what everybody else in the area does: complain to the local authorities that the road needs to be made bigger.

Furthermore the routes your connection take to get to the Cryptic Servers are absolutely, 100% out of Cryptic's hands. They have NO CONTROL over that. Your ISP's are what decide the route. Before I got Verizon Fios I had never had a single bit of lag because my previous ISP did not send me through Cogentco.

The only thing Cryptic can do, in theory, is move the servers away from Cogentco. But that is not cheap and has no guarantee of fixing the problem as anywhere has the potential to have another horrible ISP nearby.

Yep yep We all know of that now, But the question is aren't Cryptic going to see any way to avoid that problem that affect like 50% or more of the players, Sometime I can't even open game normal like yesterday I couldn't open game waste my whole day and my dailies, That problem should be fixed by anyway I can't spend time on waiting game to respond for ever really, I'm right with that ?
    KILLERDDDD
  • sparknoisesparknoise Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Guys.. after server maintenance today my game worked well.. i played 3 hours all was good.. ( once i had lagg in dungeon but after 2 min was ok ), idk to test ping to servers etc.. Well like everyone here ( i am sure ) i just wanted report a problem not to judge or smth.. Just i don't understand something, if we have ( users ) good connection and all is ok, game servers works ok.. and smth between us is the problem.. what then? I don't want blame cryptic or anyone else, is there any solution to fix that.. to avoid that.. connection and pick up different one.. or smth? I am not network wiz, just normal user who want play a game.. Logic is if i like normal user want play a game.. that game company must make me access to their game if user pc/connection is ok..That is like when u build a store on mountain and there is no road to go there.. so "user" must find a way, to fly or smth.. Dunno for me is silly..
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kalindra wrote: »
    Like, setting up servers somewhere else...
    ...or hosting them at some other provider?

Having played (and playing) many MMOs and never ever did I notice something similar abysmal (except STO), I'm curious what other MMOs may suffer from that effect.

BUT the company still decides where it's games are hosted.
    If they stick to a provider/location/service where a large percentage of their customers experience disabling lags, it still is their fault.

Your argument seems to be, that the costumer has no reason to be mad at a company delivering perishable goods often totally scruffy after weeks, because they set up their logistics center in a desert in a war-ridden third world country?
    It is absolutely the companys failure, just maybe not the failure of the development team.

Cogent does not host the server. Cogent is merely the owner of the problematic relay through which the route is passing. Cryptic has been working with Cogent concerning this issue for the last two years to no avail. I cannot speak for other companies involved as I do not peruse forums for their games. As to the location of the servers, geographical proximity plays a big part in that. The location is the closest that landmass allows to the geographical center point between the NA continent and the European continent.

I would invite you to please check all the facts involved before making assumptions. To address your point of "what other MMOs are experiencing this" I'll quote a post several above yours that addresses just that point.
    I just did some research and it appears, that atlas.cogentco.com is causing many people, in many different online games massive lag spikes. What i do not understand, why don't cryptic bypass it if they are aware of said problem? From World of Bobcraft to Child wars 2... everyone's having issues with atlas.cogentco.com., just google it.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited June 2014
    eh I tried that Iobit Booster or whatever still lagging as hell and no use, What shall I do ? -.-
    KILLERDDDD
  • magoguitarristamagoguitarrista Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 105
    edited June 2014
    Its been almost a week since I get this problem, stop ignoring us, this is actually a problem with YOUR service, its not a coincidence that so many player from so many different locations have the same problem (A problem that starts for all of us almost at the same time) I'm getting "server not responding" every 6, 7 secs.. impossible to move, to fight to everything, i just log in to get my daily coin lately... ¬¬
    I played since open beta with same connection, never had a problem, its not my ISP, don't even dare to close this TH with that conclusion like you are doing in all other "lag" posts, i can see videos at youtube, play another games, use FB and download things fine like always, the only problem its with your game (that is getting worse in every sense with every patch you release and of course with the patchs you DON'T release, but thats another thread discussion)
    edited June 2014
    Ignoring the facts of the matter because it's easier to (figuratively, I'm sure you aren't doing this literally) jam bananas in your ears (sorry, old Star Tropics reference, couldn't resist), scream "lalala not listening, it's your fault!!" and blame the company isn't going to change those facts or magically solve the issue or make it disappear, I'm afraid. That you are unwilling to acknowledge the facts presented to you (numbers do not lie) does not make them untrue. If there's an issue in the route between the server and game--regardless of where people are connecting from--then you can rage against the company all you wish to, it will not change that. It's akin to a pileup being just down the street from your destination and blaming the owner of your destination for your inability to get there as quickly as you'd like.

I'm not even going to bother with a response to your statement that "you can play other games", the rebuttal to that strawman statement is well enough documented in this thread and it's getting almost ad nauseam to constantly repost it.

We don't say what we do to cover the company's butt or to ignore anyone. Hell, we're Neverwinter players too--people tend to forget that rather important point because of the green name and title. If it truly were a server matter, we'd complain just as loudly (though definitely without the accusations and other non-constructive responses) as any other, if we hadn't let the CM know first. If we wanted to ignore anyone we'd simply not reply and be done with it. It's simply the facts of how the internet operates. Many of the mod team have extensive experience in technical support and technical-related matters. Mine is in general technical support (I've been working with PCs since I was 12 years old and I'm....36 now) and some college-level and hands-on experience with network diagnostics and repair. Mel has about 15 years experience in the IT field. Ambi...is a tech nerd, yea, I'm not totally sure about his experience in general, but he knows what he's talking about as well.

Don't get us wrong, we sympathize...but we're also knowledgeable enough to look at all the facts of the matter in front of us to make our suggestions and conclusions rather than blindly place blame.

If you are unwilling to perform the necessary diagnostics to help us help you out, then I'm sorry, but no one is going to be able to help you. Solutions don't appear out of thin air.

Try performing those tests (traceroute, nettest) and at least checking the usual suspects (on-demand patching, proxy, etc.).
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Had an hour or so before work this morning. Thought, great I'll get some pvp in on the HR.

Game one. Froze on the spawn platform before the match even began. Logged out, logged in, team's losing, but at least I can move now. We lost.

Game two. A little lag on the spawn platform. Cleared up. Went onto 2 with team, charged a CW, froze. Froze. Couldn't even log out.

Eventually disconected. Finally get back in. No longer on my team apparantly. Not even in the right map. I'm on the old instance I played in game one. Back to the trade of blades where I queued, and leavers penalty just to top things off. A complete bust.

My internet is optic fibre, same connection I've used for months. Only after mod3 has nwo become a real pain sometimes. I don't mind losing, and falling off the leaderboard if I play badly, but <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> myself and the team I'm fighting with because of incredibly frustrating lag and disconnect issues is getting really old. Today, and the last few days actually, has been terrible.

Just thought I'd share the pain.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • crimehomecrimehome Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    LFG server not responding... another time, i guess will be a good day :cool:
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hello,

i have a similar experience: The game seems alot more laggy for me than it was a couple of months ago. No idea whats the reason, but my Internet connection didnt changed. I can provide more infos if someone tells me what to do :)
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
    edited June 2014
    adernath wrote: »
    Hello,

i have a similar experience: The game seems alot more laggy for me than it was a couple of months ago. No idea whats the reason, but my Internet connection didnt changed. I can provide more infos if someone tells me what to do :)

Lag and rubberbanding sticky.

Run the tests outlined in the OP of the above linked thread. You're going to want numbers between 80 and 120 ms on your traceroute. Any asterisks or numbers above 120 can indicate problems in the route.

Also, your nettest may or may not actually run--I've seen sporadic reports of it not taking readings at all.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• princessdazzprincessdazz Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    while I was at Dread Ring zone, I cant move and server not responding message is up for about 5 mins. Afterwhich I got disconnected, put to character selection page and when I quickly log back on, everythings works smoothly , I can play perfectly well with no latency issue. until I teleport out to another zone eg: Sharandar, my nightmare starts.

so in conclusion
    1) I play well in one zone eg: Ice wind dale, and without switching channel/relog, I teleport to another zone eg:PE. my latency issue began
    2) I have no latency problem in PE, thinking lag is gone, I teleport to Sharandar my nightmare begun

my best bet now is to hope to get into a playable server/channel and camp there forever without switching zone.
    this is the only temporary solution I give to myself

still using his method to play the game. whenever I get to a unplayable instance. I will keep relog restart client till I am put to a playable instance
  • v1rus89v1rus89 Member Posts: 83
    edited June 2014
    A lot of players are experiencing this problem post mod.3 (me included), a lot of threads created but no one from the company actually replied, only forum mods asking for tracert.
    Virus, Enemy Team.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    v1rus89 wrote: »
    A lot of players are experiencing this problem post mod.3 (me included), a lot of threads created but no one from the company actually replied, only forum mods asking for tracert.

Yeah, I've seen their replies. But the only major variable to change recently is the introduction of mod3. A great big smoking gun.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    PVP is unbearable laggy, no fun anymore, i go in, got a few "server not respondings" or "disconnects" and if i can come back, i surely loose or get baned, because matchmaking thinks is left, but no i was booted.

Sorry, but i'm 38, i work with PCs since i was 5, got my 3 masters, among them is IT, i work for B*sch as sales manager and CM and still say, it lags... I too develop software...

The problem is worse since Mod 3 and recent patches, there has to be the key to our problems.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    think of it from a technical perspective:

PWE needs data from you to be able to first determine that there is a problem and then to help point to where that problem is. when all you do is post "the game has been laggy since m3", it doesn't help pinpoint the issue.

mods are asking for trace routes because from a technical perspective, it is data that PWE is going to ask for. system data can also be helpful. help us help you. :]
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The problem it self is not just a connection issue and i think nobody will show me any confidential data related to patches or to Mod 3.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

edited June 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    think of it from a technical perspective:

PWE needs data from you to be able to first determine that there is a problem and then to help point to where that problem is. when all you do is post "the game has been laggy since m3", it doesn't help pinpoint the issue.

mods are asking for trace routes because from a technical perspective, it is data that PWE is going to ask for. system data can also be helpful. help us help you. :]

Everyone had provide there trace routes already and it appear that the . Cogent server the last hop before the game server is what lagging us here, and only way to fix that is change the game server place.
    It been 3 days for me can't play, out of dailies for 3 days, so if it keep like that for more 4 days that end for me really sorry, I like the game so much but with that lag it not playable for me no more.
    KILLERDDDD
  • zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OP said he has spikes. Maybe it's not the same with rubberbanding, but it's certainly not FPS issues. That, or we should by default assume every user sayng he has 'lag' is clueless and doesn't know what he's talking about. One more thing, I read at some post that 2-3min delay is impossible? You clearly haven't experienced what we have. No time outs or whatever. I could be in PvP for 2-3 more minutes than the rest of my team before I see it end. I know because I was chatting with them on teamspeak at the same time. Also I like how everyone talks about traceroutes here. That is compeltely irrelevant. My pings are fine, and the hops to the server also look fine. Tracert can only show routing problems, nothing else, which msot of the times aren't the cause for lag.
  • aerith72aerith72 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You guys want data, we did provide data and it always end blaming the hop atlas.cogentco.com causing the problem and fullstop. For my case I am from Asia my trace route does not have atlas.cogentco.com or inet.qwest.net [67.14.30.130] related to cogentco.com?

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 4 ms 3 ms 3 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms an-ts-br05.starhub.net.sg [183.90.44.37]
    3 4 ms 3 ms 3 ms six2-uts-int02.starhub.net.sg [183.90.44.29]
    4 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms six2asr9kts01.starhub.net.sg [203.117.36.25]
    5 3 ms 2 ms 2 ms 203.117.34.38
    6 4 ms 3 ms 3 ms 203.116.61.118
    7 261 ms 260 ms 260 ms bst-edge-05.inet.qwest.net [67.14.30.130]
    8 237 ms 236 ms 236 ms 65.120.117.250
    9 254 ms 263 ms 243 ms border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.41]
    10 261 ms 268 ms 269 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.61.78]
    11 * 255 ms 254 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

Also the CrypticNetTest does not work at all, it hang there at 443: with cursor blinking

unable to allocate performance buffer
    contacting nettest server..
    Local IP: 192.168.1.1
    Ping: 250.0 msec
    Port: 80: 223 KB/sec 0 KB/sec 0 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 192 KB/sec 0 KB/sec 0 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: _

Regarding server not responding happening during game play and zone loading, the solution given to us are treating every 'server not responding' reported as zone loading error.
    some notes:
    server not responding issues can be caused by high latency with on-demand patching enabled. what this means is with on-demand patching enabled (it is set on this by default) you will get updated files as needed. you will usually see this while loading into a new map or sometimes seemingly random. to disable on-demand patching, you need to go into the 'options' of the loader, find it and uncheck it... then save the options. once it is disabled, the patcher/loader will begin downloading ALL the files at once. depending on your internet connection and network traffic, this may take a long time. hours. each new patch update will download ALL the patched files at once and will likely take longer than before. but you won't have the 'server not responding' issues entering new maps. ever. :]

How to counter server not responding situation for the following screen capture?

amom2poelxj9o2p76_Neverwinter-server-not-respond.jpg
    edited June 2014
    still using his method to play the game. whenever I get to a unplayable instance. I will keep relog restart client till I am put to a playable instance

the loading screen is a big problem, in instances where I can play, everything is smooth but the moment we change instance/ the moment we warp through the teleportal. it just get cranky. Having said this,
    (1) I was playing smoothly in Dread Ring completed all my quests
    (2) port/warp into Dead Forge (mini lair) I see my ping as high as 1k+ sometimes the ping is normal but the recv will go up to million. and server not responding proc
    (3) restart the client . Then I am put to another totally unplayable instance again.
    (4) restart the client once more. hola! its a playable instance inside Death Forge with ping normal 300 (trust me I am playing from Asia) 300 is consider normal and smooth for me

the whole process of warping/ loading/ reloading game client took me 15mins to be able to get to a playable instance
    This mini daily dungeon only needed about 5mins to complete.
    Now, having completed this dungeon
    (5)I exit the lair. ok, this time still smooth..so I run back to turn in my quest and
    (6)proceed to PE. the moment I use the warping map and into PE......guess what?

I have to rinse and repeat step 3 - 5 till I can get to a moveable. lag free PE instance.

summarise: the loading /warping process is not usual/ not normal . does this mean is network problem or fps problem or just the client problem? please enlighten me ?
    edited June 2014
    aerith72 wrote: »
    You guys want data, we did provide data and it always end blaming the hop atlas.cogentco.com causing the problem and fullstop. For my case I am from Asia my trace route does not have atlas.cogentco.com or inet.qwest.net [67.14.30.130] related to cogentco.com?

Trace complete.

Also the CrypticNetTest does not work at all, it hang there at 443: with cursor blinking

Regarding server not responding happening during game play and zone loading, the solution given to us are treating every 'server not responding' reported as zone loading error.

C:\Users\Pola>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 62 ms 62 ms 61 ms NASR2-R02C-C-EG [163.121.172.110]
    3 62 ms 62 ms * host-163.121.211.134.tedata.net [163.121.211.134
    ]
    4 60 ms 61 ms 62 ms host-163.121.211.134.tedata.net [163.121.211.134
    ]
    5 65 ms 62 ms 67 ms 10.37.242.10
    6 64 ms 67 ms 63 ms 10.42.0.3
    7 63 ms 95 ms 62 ms host-163.121.234.193.tedata.net [163.121.234.193
    ]
    8 127 ms 119 ms 118 ms 213.242.116.13
    9 120 ms 118 ms 118 ms ae-0-11.bar2.Marseille1.Level3.net [4.69.143.242
    ]
    10 129 ms 128 ms 129 ms ae-15-15.ebr4.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.143.24
    6]
    11 134 ms 130 ms 132 ms ae-64-64.csw1.Frankfurt1.Level3.net [4.69.163.18
    ]
    12 * * * Request timed out.
    13 113 ms 112 ms 114 ms be3020.rcr21.fra06.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.1
    5.193]
    14 111 ms 112 ms 113 ms be2304.ccr41.fra03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.74
    .73]
    15 121 ms 174 ms 115 ms be2261.ccr41.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.37
    .29]
    16 788 ms 796 ms 1088 ms be2182.ccr21.lpl01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.77
    .246]
    17 711 ms 399 ms 769 ms be2386.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.44
    .161]
    18 770 ms 224 ms 211 ms te4-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.42
    ]
    19 211 ms * 210 ms 38.111.40.114
    20 205 ms 208 ms 207 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Pola>

Here from Africa and lagging so much inside game and look like that cogentco.com lagging me.
    And "server not respond " happen all the time not because patching files or anything because the sweet high ping I have
    KILLERDDDD
    edited June 2014
    some notes:

and lastly, server not responding issues can be caused by high latency with on-demand patching enabled. what this means is with on-demand patching enabled (it is set on this by default) you will get updated files as needed. you will usually see this while loading into a new map or sometimes seemingly random. to disable on-demand patching, you need to go into the 'options' of the loader, find it and uncheck it... then save the options. once it is disabled, the patcher/loader will begin downloading ALL the files at once. depending on your internet connection and network traffic, this may take a long time. hours. each new patch update will download ALL the patched files at once and will likely take longer than before. but you won't have the 'server not responding' issues entering new maps. ever. :]

I have had on demand patch disabled way before 10 June 2014. that really helps a lot lot to cut down long zone loading screen. but that did not help resolve this current situation that many people are facing
    once again post my traceroute, but then even with this kind of traceroute, If I can get to a playable instance the route is still the same

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms . [192.168.1.1]
    2 12 ms 6 ms 8 ms cm1.gamma136.maxonline.com.sg [202.156.136.1]
    3 10 ms 7 ms 7 ms 172.20.35.65
    4 9 ms 10 ms 11 ms 172.26.35.1
    5 9 ms 10 ms 22 ms 172.20.7.102
    6 14 ms 14 ms 34 ms 203.117.34.73
    7 12 ms 10 ms 11 ms six2asr9kts01.starhub.net.sg [203.117.34.9]
    8 9 ms 12 ms 10 ms 203.117.34.38
    9 10 ms 10 ms 11 ms 203.116.61.118
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 255 ms 255 ms 255 ms 65.120.117.250
    12 254 ms 254 ms 255 ms border11.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.1
    04]
    13 277 ms 269 ms 269 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
    61.78]
    14 265 ms 264 ms 263 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.
    edited June 2014

Trace complete.

How to counter server not responding situation for the following screen capture?

amom2poelxj9o2p76_Neverwinter-server-not-respond.jpg

Take a look at the highlighted hub. As has been stated several times in this thread, different locales may take different hops and your ISP may be one of those that does NOT utilize the cogent relay but rather a different backbone route. At any rate, the latency starting from that hop is well above problematic levels (anything above 150 = not good).
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

edited June 2014
    zankard wrote: »
    OP said he has spikes. Maybe it's not the same with rubberbanding, but it's certainly not FPS issues. That, or we should by default assume every user sayng he has 'lag' is clueless and doesn't know what he's talking about. One more thing, I read at some post that 2-3min delay is impossible? You clearly haven't experienced what we have. No time outs or whatever. I could be in PvP for 2-3 more minutes than the rest of my team before I see it end. I know because I was chatting with them on teamspeak at the same time. Also I like how everyone talks about traceroutes here. That is compeltely irrelevant. My pings are fine, and the hops to the server also look fine. Tracert can only show routing problems, nothing else, which msot of the times aren't the cause for lag.

To quote George Lopez: ".......seriously?"

So not true. I'm sorry, but speaking as someone who does have some experience with network diagnostics....

We don't suggest traceroutes for the merry hell of it. That information has been in use long before NW was live (the information in the OP of the lag and rubberbanding sticky was actually borrowed from the STO forum).

Ping doesn't do jack for showing you what's going on along the route to the server. It just measures the time it takes for a packet to get from your PC to the server. A traceroute will actually show you where the delay may be occurring along the way.

I'm sorry, but to say that traceroutes are irrelevant in diagnosing latency when most any network technician would recommend that as their FIRST diagnostic test is just...pardon the term, willful ignorance.
    ggyu wrote: »
    Everyone had provide there trace routes already and it appear that the . Cogent server the last hop before the game server is what lagging us here, and only way to fix that is change the game server place.
    It been 3 days for me can't play, out of dailies for 3 days, so if it keep like that for more 4 days that end for me really sorry, I like the game so much but with that lag it not playable for me no more.

Except you can't change the "game server place", as the known bottleneck at issue has not a thing to do with where the server is located. Cogent is a backbone internet provider for locales in both NA and EU (this meaning that they own the lines and relays primarily responsible for the transmission of your data from most points to the game server). All Cryptic is able to do is attempt to work with Cogent. Being that Cryptic isn't a "customer" of Cogent, per se, but the fact that Cogent is merely the owner of the pass through, that hasn't been a simple task.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

edited June 2014
    Take a look at the highlighted hub. As has been stated several times in this thread, different locales may take different hops and your ISP may be one of those that does NOT utilize the cogent relay but rather a different backbone route. At any rate, the latency starting from that hop is well above problematic levels (anything above 150 = not good).

Another fullstop there, I know inet.qwest.net [67.14.30.130] is causing problem ... whats next? Whats your suggestion to help me back to the game?
    edited June 2014
    Another fullstop there, I know inet.qwest.net [67.14.30.130] is causing problem ... whats next? Whats your suggestion to help me back to the game?

Unfortunately, I can't even hazard a guess with just the information provided. I can start with asking when did this start occurring. Has this been constant or has this just started? Have the usual suspects of on-demand patching and proxy selection been checked?
    I have had on demand patch disabled way before 10 June 2014. that really helps a lot lot to cut down long zone loading screen. but that did not help resolve this current situation that many people are facing
    once again post my traceroute, but then even with this kind of traceroute, If I can get to a playable instance the route is still the same

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms . [192.168.1.1]
    2 12 ms 6 ms 8 ms cm1.gamma136.maxonline.com.sg [202.156.136.1]
    3 10 ms 7 ms 7 ms 172.20.35.65
    4 9 ms 10 ms 11 ms 172.26.35.1
    5 9 ms 10 ms 22 ms 172.20.7.102
    6 14 ms 14 ms 34 ms 203.117.34.73
    7 12 ms 10 ms 11 ms six2asr9kts01.starhub.net.sg [203.117.34.9]
    8 9 ms 12 ms 10 ms 203.117.34.38
    9 10 ms 10 ms 11 ms 203.116.61.118
    10 * * * Request timed out.
    11 255 ms 255 ms 255 ms 65.120.117.250
    12 254 ms 254 ms 255 ms border11.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.1
    04]
    13 277 ms 269 ms 269 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
    61.78]
    14 265 ms 264 ms 263 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Trace complete.

10 = complete nonresponse. Asterisks are never good in a traceroute, as those indicate packets that never made it to their destination hop. After that point, your latency takes off like a rocket sled on rails.

Yours and Aerith's route look like much the same hops and backbone relays, though. I'm presuming that you're both attempting to connect from the same region.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

edited June 2014
    Unfortunately, I can't even hazard a guess with just the information provided. I can start with asking when did this start occurring. Has this been constant or has this just started? Have the usual suspects of on-demand patching and proxy selection been checked?

I am doing everything what you guys suggest. Unchecking the on-demand patching setting since yesterday I patch before I go to sleep, the next morning is at 20.4% before I go to work. When I come back from work today it is still at 20.4% and so I restart the launcher to patching again and is still patching at 4.1% as I am writing now. What if I can never get it patched to 100%?
    edited June 2014
    I am doing everything what you guys suggest. Unchecking the on-demand patching setting since yesterday I patch before I go to sleep, the next morning is at 20.4% before I go to work. When I come back from work today it is still at 20.4% and so I restart the launcher to patching again and is still patching at 4.1% as I am writing now. What if I can never get it patched to 100%?

I wish I could offer a solution, at this point, though, I'm stumped.
    The problem it self is not just a connection issue and i think nobody will show me any confidential data related to patches or to Mod 3.

And yet, you continue to assert this despite overwhelming and readily available evidence shown via multiple traceroutes that there is a significant latency issue enroute to the server which is out of Cryptic's immediate control to refute your argument...

Curious.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• crimehomecrimehome Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I recommend to everyone NOT REINSTALL the game, not is an our problem surely as we know. Curiosity... i'm trying that and loses the connection many times with their server and is very very slow i guess in a week it will be installed xD.
This discussion has been closed.