test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New AD sinks.

xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
It feels like that Neverwinter needs some new ad sinks to take ad from the economy.
In the past, everyone was spending ad for gear/enchants and wasnt hording ad at all like it is now.

Also the 300k+ ad cost for removing enchants is gone, which was an amazing way to delete ad from the game.

But apart from that something crossed my mind:

How about r12+ enchants, special dyes or some other cosmetic stuff to delete ad? Ppl would actually spent ad for those options. Just make it only obtainable at the wonderous Bazaar for like 1-3m ad or even more.

I'm pretty sure it would help the enconomy more than anything else atm.
Post edited by xmousepadx on

Comments

• Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The egg coming soon will deplete some of that AD. But that will only be temporary.
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2014
    Lets say an Egg costs 500k AD. So the whales sitting on their 30-40 characters, each with AD capped or close to cap, will buy them by the dozen, open them - and pawn them off again, especially the chicken. End result: Whale gets fatter, everyone else gets poorer.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think if some of the AD sinks were actually cheaper people would use them more and in the end spend more AD than they are now.
    Who upgrades companions now for example? Not many people, if it was around half the price I'm sure many more people would do it. The same with transmute armor, I've done it twice, but I'd do it a whole lot more if it was cheaper. And in the end I'd spend more AD than now.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If companion and mount upgrading were cheaper, I'd do it. But I'll just do without, because the prices of them just make me think about everything I'd be able to buy instead.

Transmutes, I pay for looks I am willing to keep forever, on gear I intend to keep forever.

I agree with the perspective that most of these sinks have an extra zero on the end over what most people are prepared to pay for them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My skelly dog ate 750k of AD and didn't change much (large skeletal dog skin is almost the same as mature one just one inch bigger) so yea... tell me more about your sinks or rather black holes you had in mind? And don't let me start on mount upgrades.
    Also did you think it through? People can refine 24k RAD daily, there's no other way to obtain "pure" AD and put it into economy so how people were supposed to get thoose 1-3M items? Hmmm? Is there any way to get 1-3M without AD that's already in economy?
    You have idea how to spend income but you still need to have income mate...
    EDIT: You know what would be perfect AD sink? Coal wards for ~350k-450k in wonderous baazar that would stabilize their (and enchantments) price in AH and allow players to have something to spend, everyone needs thoose and putting them on sale for AD (BtA or BtC of course) would create ideal sink
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So, Cryptic is damned if they do, damned if they don't.

So you were here when these forums were filled with all the shrill, vitriolic complaints at the cost of un-slotting enchantments and you *still* suggest this?

Seriously?

-shrugs-

Enough about Astral Diamond sinks already. This is a typical economic pendulum swing. It will ease back toward the other direction soon enough. People's ridiculous impatience is just this side of laughable. Entitlement Attitudes prevail.

-shakes head in-the-know-

If removing Astral Diamonds from the in-game economy is so important to you, then GIVE YOURS TO ME.

Honestly.

-Holds nose and points-
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    - New AD sinks = NO thanks!
    NOT everyone is rich in the game.
    i just have currently 37.298 AD, I do not need any extra expenditure.
    its all my money xD less than 1key price lol
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think there are some valid points - reduce the cost to upgrade companions and mounts and I would likely upgrade them all across all my toons. I think holding to prices that do not achieve what you want is foolish. If the cost to change appearnce was lower, i would do it all the time for example.

I disagree with the op statement about enchants though. I do not think anyone really was swapping enchants before the change to use gold. I know that myself and my most my guild never would remove enchants. I would only use something i was willing to throw away on anything that was not end game and i did not slot any purples, unless i had additional copies of the gear and the enchants. Currently I swap enchants through the entire leveling process because the cost is worth what i get for it. I would be wearing a crown of neverwinter from level 1 through 60 if the cost was there.

Additional sinks may help, but i think this is more about the current price structure. adding new sinks will hurt new players more and have little impact on the long term multi account players like myself. Someone just posted they have just under 38K ad on their toon, they will be the folks that get frustrated and leave. A few tweaks and people would be spending like crazy and in the long run cryptic benefits. I did not do my monthy 'Sub' this month because the current changes to the economy make me less confident in the value of my zen purchase.
  • Options
    iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So, Cryptic is damned if they do, damned if they don't.

So you were here when these forums were filled with all the shrill, vitriolic complaints at the cost of un-slotting enchantments and you *still* suggest this?

Seriously?

-shrugs-

Enough about Astral Diamond sinks already. This is a typical economic pendulum swing. It will ease back toward the other direction soon enough. People's ridiculous impatience is just this side of laughable. Entitlement Attitudes prevail.

-shakes head in-the-know-

If removing Astral Diamonds from the in-game economy is so important to you, then GIVE YOURS TO ME.

Honestly.

-Holds nose and points-

Wanting a reasonable price for upgrading mounts and companions and transmuting armor is your definition of entitlement? what threads people decide to post on the forum is none of your business so no , not enough of the ad sink threads already ,if you dislike the idea don't reply and if you do try to structure your reply in a way that doesn't make it sound like your point of view is more important than anybody else's because it isn't .
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wanting a reasonable price for upgrading mounts and companions and transmuting armor is your definition of entitlement? what threads people decide to post on the forum is none of your business so no , not enough of the ad sink threads already ,if you dislike the idea don't reply and if you do try to structure your reply in a way that doesn't make it sound like your point of view is more important than anybody else's because it isn't .

No - WANTING these things is natural and communicating it is fair.

However, suggesting that Cryptic change their policies, rules, methods, whatever from the way they work now just to fit the request is *entitlement attitude*. The belief that you are owed something you did not work for yourself.

Context is your friend. Comprehension breeds understanding. You cannot have the latter without the former.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nobody in here is ordering Cryptic to do anything, we're just the players and customers. All these threads are SUGGESTIONS. That's what MMO forums are for.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Well the ''new'' ad sinks i was thinking about would only take ad away from the 'rich'' ppl, no one is forced to buy super expensive dyes ect.

You just have to give ppl something unique for a high price so they are willing to spend ad on it.

Right now the 1m ad transmutes from the Bazaar are just not unique enough to convince ppl to buy it.

Edit: C wards at the wonderous Bazaar would be a decent idea, but it wont work since ppl are still buying g marks for over 100k ad from the AH rather than buying them cheaper from the npc.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sinks are only effective if people use them. In the case of upgrading mounts and companions most people are not using them because the pricing is ridiculous. Creating new new AD sinks doesn't really solve anything.
  • Options
    gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    No - WANTING these things is natural and communicating it is fair.

However, suggesting that Cryptic change their policies, rules, methods, whatever from the way they work now just to fit the request is *entitlement attitude*. The belief that you are owed something you did not work for yourself.

Context is your friend. Comprehension breeds understanding. You cannot have the latter without the former.
    Wow so hostile because somebody suggests something on the Forums...you know where people come to discuss new ideas and such.
    Guess what , there are too many Astral diamonds in the game, which is causing a zen imbalance...cryptic sees this and has already added an AD sink in an upcoming event.
    Sorryto the guy that has only 30k ad and don't want anymore AD sinks in the game to make your 30k AD worth more on the AH market.
    But you certainly are not the person who gets to call people entitled for suggesting changes on this forum.
    AD sinks would HELP low AD players as long as they didn't waste their AD on the sinks...which you would understand if you could grasp the concept.
    Your "entitlement attitude" to share your opinion with everyone else while talking down at them for sharing theirs is only surpassed by your complete misunderstanding of this topic.
    ...also the word "entitlement" actually means the opposite of what you say when talking in actuarial terms. An entitlement is something you have paid for and are therefor entitled to...like unemployment insurance, social security or medicare payments that get taken out of your check every week, making you "entitled" to the services they are supposed to provide.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Let's impose a punitive wealth tax on accounts with over 100 million astral diamonds, thus encouraging those accounts to spend their astral diamonds, infusing the AH with cheaper goods and making those goods more accessible to lower income players.
  • Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Rank 12? Aren't we having enough disparity between players?!? Do you really want only 100 people in the game with BiS owning everybody else?

This is pushing the game more and more towards less skill, more brute power.

I hope this never gets implemented.

As for the economy failing, it's all because of the business model. Free to play people need to farm for AD for extensive amounts of time, and they try to make good use of it when they have it, not waste it. If AD would me more accessible and easy to farm, people would be encouraged to spend a lot of it, cause they would know they will make more.

But no, how could this happen here? Because if we can farm AD efficiently, then we would not buy that precious Zen, right?
  • Options
    verzavusverzavus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    - New AD sinks = NO thanks!
    NOT everyone is rich in the game.
    i just have currently 37.298 AD, I do not need any extra expenditure.
    its all my money xD less than 1key price lol

Reduce the upgrade to companions and soon enough everyone will have 20k GS and dungeons will be even more easier than they already are. As it is, a 12k CW with an IQ above 105 could solo spellplague entirely. This game cannot use solutions that empowers the PvE player even further

/e For the nitwits: active bonuses that add specific stats (i.e. Power, Armor Penetration) add to your gear score outside PvP Domination and Gauntlgrym PvP.
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I think if some of the AD sinks were actually cheaper people would use them more and in the end spend more AD than they are now.
    Who upgrades companions now for example? Not many people, if it was around half the price I'm sure many more people would do it. The same with transmute armor, I've done it twice, but I'd do it a whole lot more if it was cheaper. And in the end I'd spend more AD than now.

I agree. I think the already existing AD sinks we have needs to be adjusted first, then new ones added.