test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Young Yeti

tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
HZz2kgd.jpg
:D
RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
Post edited by tang56 on

Comments

• Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    :D

awesome.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    purp4purp4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Fed it 3 treats so far and he is still unimpressed. Not sure how many treats he needs.
  • Options
    radtatatradtatat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201
    edited June 2014
    No Yeti even spawn for me to get any treat. :D
  • Options
    ignikadrakeignikadrake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Trololol! Funny how the treats are tradable as well!
    Kallen|TR
    EoA
  • Options
    broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    lololololololololol

He got IBS and a shouting at when he was first unimpressed with the Yeti Treat offered.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The effort needed to get green quality pet is just impressive.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    micconosmicconos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I hear that the purple skin is called 'Yeti Knight', and he gets a special 'Yeti mind trick' ability at lvl 30. :P
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    micconos wrote: »
    I hear that the purple skin is called 'Yeti Knight', and he gets a special 'Yeti mind trick' ability at lvl 30. :P

"This is not the yeti you are looking for"
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    purp4 wrote: »
    Fed it 3 treats so far and he is still unimpressed. Not sure how many treats he needs.

I fed him 5 in the preview and he was still unimpressed.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    The effort needed to get green quality pet is just impressive.

Well, the daily is worth doing for the sake of the raw black ice, which fulfills your rep daily as long as you tag one minor heroic encounter, even if you get the minimum reward from that. I think it's faster than going around farming heroics or looking for nodes to mine.

The double RNG isn't meant to be the main reason for doing it, even though desire to collect all the companions is driving a lot of people.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Rampaging Yeti spawned for me on the 3rd day (today) of doing the daily, fed the Yeti Treat and got my Young Yeti. ;)
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Talk sweet to the little fur ball of clawed doom.

I got my Yeti with the first Yeti Treat I fed it on the first time I ran Need for Mead. His name is Stomp.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Fed him a total of 7 so far (2 Toons) and none Yet I ;) Keep on!!!
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    Rampaging Yeti spawned for me on the 3rd day (today) of doing the daily, fed the Yeti Treat and got my Young Yeti. ;)
    Talk sweet to the little fur ball of clawed doom.

I got my Yeti with the first Yeti Treat I fed it on the first time I ran Need for Mead. His name is Stomp.

You lucky chaps! 5 tries for me. 1 treat, 1 very unimpressed baby yeti.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All of us on preview never ever got the young yeti. RNG is a huge for this, but hey it is a free companion that well IMO has a pretty useless active bonus, but as someone else said it is faster for your daily rep quest.

Incidentally I sold my first one for 700k in 2 mins, just minutes after the daily reset and we were able to enter.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To get the Yeti to spawn......don't kill the Beast Master (around 3rd-4th) grouping. He summons the yeti with his blowhorn.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    valwryn wrote: »
    To get the Yeti to spawn......don't kill the Beast Master (around 3rd-4th) grouping. He summons the yeti with his blowhorn.

I have had teh yeti spawn for wave 2 and 3...anyhow there is a some logic to it. As on preview one of the preview patch notes noted that the logic for rampaging yeti in need for meed has been improved.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Incidentally I sold my first one for 700k in 2 mins, just minutes after the daily reset and we were able to enter.

The price on them is dropping fast. I jumped on being able to sell one for 320k, and by the next day I saw them priced at 220k.

By the time I get another, I might be ready to just keep it.

@Valwryn
    Doing this for the first time on a solo DC yesterday, I am pretty sure I wasn't killing the spawns nearly fast enough to accidentally disable a summon trigger, but no yeti (for which I was somewhat grateful). On the other hand, my GWF barely breaks a sweat and has seen the yeti about half the time.

If you're grouped and get a yeti, it apparently only drops one treat.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    capkokocapkoko Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Guys that yeti daily is only posible when you reach the Rank 3 or im missing something? cause im not be able to do it yet.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You need to do Hook, Line and Sinker at reputation 20.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    capkokocapkoko Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks, didnt know that.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    purp4 wrote: »

1 treat is all he needs. I know some people who got it on the first day.
  • Options
    zdaddyozdaddyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 73
    edited June 2014
    Also got him with one treat.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    After running it a few times, I realized that to summon the yeti, you must keep the beast handler alive long enough for him to blow his horn twice. The first time he summons more wolves, the second time, the yeti. To prevent the NPCs from killing him too soon, I usually kill all the wolves ASAP so the handler will blow his horn sooner.

Edit: Why do mobs in this quest drop scrolls of identification and level 45 pots instead of level 60 stuff?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    radtatat wrote: »
    After running it a few times, I realized that to summon the yeti, you must keep the beast handler alive long enough for him to blow his horn twice. The first time he summons more wolves, the second time, the yeti. To prevent the NPCs from killing him too soon, I usually kill all the wolves ASAP so the handler will blow his horn sooner.

Funny I did not let him summon anything...

There is a bit more going on here then you realize. IT is all I am going say. As usually people ***** at me for spelling it out.
  • Options
    damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I got the yeti today, the first time I did the instance. This was on my GWF who incidentally is also the only character who has an Eye of Lathander. Coincidence? lol
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • Options
    drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am starting to hate the young yeti, at 6 or 7 turn ins and still he is not impressed. I know it will be like my 100th turn in before he accepts, just the way the RNG treats me.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was flipping Stunned that I was lucky enough to get the Treat...
    and then the little
    was unimpressed! lol
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There are at least two triggers to spawn the Yeti:
    • (EASY) Don't let any guards die and quickly defeat all waves. Yeti will spawn after the Beast Handler group is defeated. (Must be on a timer as this doesn't work with my slow killing GF and DC).
    • (HARDER) Don't kill the Beast Handler until he blows his horn TWICE. Easier if you let the guards die.
    • (UNKNOWN) The two groups in the back, on and behind the wagon might be part of a third trigger, just ignore them.
  • Options
    czarnamimozaczarnamimoza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2014
    Maybe that poor little yeti just had some bad experience in the past? I'm sure that's how he was captured.

Xz3LeyY.png