test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's talk AD sinks...

bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
With all this talk about the market and it having reached the AD:Z ceiling, it got me thinking - let's come up with some AD sinks that people would actually use. Below are a few ideas I have. Feel free to post your own suggestions, (but please keep your comments constructive):

1. Companion dye kits - these would follow the same format as dye kits. I'm thinking these kits would cost something like 500-1000 AD per kit. They could apply to one companion per kit, and get used up upon application.

2. Weapon dye kits - basically, the same as regular dye kits, but these would come in packs of 2. They'd cost 150-300 AD per pack.

3. Adventurers' Garb - a rugged fashion set for the adventurer on the go. This set would include a simple but sturdy hooded cloak, tabbard, trousers, and cap. Each piece would cost about 75,000 ADs.

4. Astral healing kit - this kit would come in the minor, regular, and major varieties, and would function the same as the regular ones, only with one added bonus - they can be used proactively to prevent any injuries from being applied to you for 30 minutes. They'd cost 150, 300, and 450 ADs, respectively.

5. Astral weapon transmutes - these are a collection of crystalline-themed weapons and implements. They'd cost 1500 ADs for a class that only has 1 visible weapon, or 750 ADs for classes that have 2.

6. Mount dye kits - similar to the companion dye kits, these would only apply to mounts. They'd cost 1500-2500 ADs for each 1-use bottle.

7. Manycoins astral portal - these specially formed crystals allow you to open a small portal which connects to your personal Manycoins safety deposit box, from anywhere in-game, (access to personal and account storage) - each would cost 250 ADs, and the portal will stay open for 3 minutes per use, (these would stack as well).

8. Fragment of Crystalline Resonator - this special utility enchantment, when slotted, provides a very small chance that a defeated enemy may drop some ADs, (I'm thinking on the range of a .1 to 1% chance of dropping, with each drop granting 5-20 ADs each).

9. Elixir of swiftness - these special potions are designed for the various creatures used to aid in travel. When applied, the temporarily grant a 15% speed buff to your currently equipped mount, (never to exceed 110% total). Trying to use the elixir if you have no mount equipped, or if your mount is already T3 will produce an error and not use up the elixir. Each mount can only have 1 elixir applied to it at a time, and each application lasts 1 hour of in-game time. Additional applications extend the duration. Each elixir would cost 500-1500 ADs

10. Salve of radiance - this special salve grants a mundane weapon a divine aura, causing it to deal 4% additional radiant damage. If applied to armor instead, it grants the wearer a 4% reduction in damage taken. This salve cannot be applied to weapons or armor that already have a weapon or armor enchantment slotted in them, and gets removed if one is added after the fact. Each application lasts 1 hour, and further applications only extend the time, but don't otherwise increase the bonus. The salve can only be used on your primary weapon or chest armor. Each bottle would cost 500-1500 ADs
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pompalompapompalompa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Dye Kits are the best ideas, as is the Mobile Bank account.
    8. Fragment of Crystalline Resonator - this special utility enchantment, when slotted, provides a very small chance that a defeated enemy may drop some ADs, (I'm thinking on the range of a .1 to 1% chance of dropping, with each drop granting 5-20 ADs each).
    ^this is a bit counterproductive when AD sinking, no?
    9. Elixir of swiftness - these special potions are designed for the various creatures used to aid in travel. When applied, the temporarily grant a 15% speed buff to your currently equipped mount, (never to exceed 110% total). Trying to use the elixir if you have no mount equipped, or if your mount is already T3 will produce an error and not use up the elixir. Each mount can only have 1 elixir applied to it at a time, and each application lasts 1 hour of in-game time. Additional applications extend the duration. Each elixir would cost 500-1500 ADs
    ^also this should be +15%, not *15%
    until now you dismount using pots, maybe improve movement rating by 200 when not mounted? useful in PvE trash clearing then
    it should have a buff time on it/lose on Death like any other pot - for PvP abuses
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    isn't upgrading companion AD sink already enough (I'm literally broke ingame after getting my purple skelly dog XD)?
    Also multiple your prices by at least 10 bioshrike and don't tell you expect prices to be so low even if they would introduce such features, PWE AD sink is actually an AD black hole (companions upgrade, mount upgrade, weapon/armor transmutes from wonderous and in overall).
    On the contrary I would like to talk about gold sinks...
  • maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The whole AD issue is the 24k RAD refinement limit per character. Make it per account and twill settle (or even double it as long as its per account).
    Mount/companions fashion addons wont hurt, maybe some armors for mounts/companions as well ).
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited June 2014
    things to do with AD alot of ppl dont even own.... since this game Auction house gone mad
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sell lottery tickets (or "boxes") in the Wondrous Bazaar for 24K Astral Diamonds. The prizes can vary over time.

That's basically the upcoming Mysterious Egg event, although for a limited-time and at an unknown price.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Great ideas, OP, but you are misunderstanding what an economic sink actually is. Those aren't be sinks. An economic sink is money spent with no return to the spender, such as posting fees at the Auction House or the cost of unslotting enchantments. This is why it's called a "SINK" (as in kitchen sink: it goes down the drain). What you are suggesting are simply new items for sale.

So a true "sink" suggestion might be: it costs 10 AD every time you mount your horse, bear, big cat, whatever. THAT would be a "sink". And I really doubt people want more economic sinks in the game no matter what it is.
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    At first I thought the main problem with purchase sinks in this game is that it is very difficult to induce someone still working rank 8s to buy vanity items in mass if you put any significant AD cost on them, and another core problem is these sorts of sinks compete for developer time with things they do for events and things they do for the zen market, but I did have a random stray thought when I was thinking about an upcoming event:
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Garrundar_the_Vile#Call_to_Arms

Here is the suggestion: Every transmute from Call to Arms should have a 5k AD cost as well as a 150 medallion cost. The no AD cost ruined a beautiful opportunity to do what you asked for OP. Edit: I realized after this that the likely reason there was no AD cost on Call to Arms items is they didn't want to place an undo burden on low level participants. You can think of cheesy rules to get around that like only level 60s pay, but they probably wouldn't be well received. Guess you can't have everything.

Also, I was thinking prior to that about the core problem that the cost work required to get high rank enchantments causes people to not want to use a cosmetic sink, and I concluded there should be an AD regent in the enchantment combine. The AD regent should be smallish in cost to avoid a riot. Also it should not be available any other way. For example,
    Make Rank 5: 1k AD ingredient.
    Make Rank 6: 2k AD ingredient.
    Make Rank 7: 4k AD ingredient.
    Make Rank 8: 8k AD ingredient.
    Make Rank 9: 16k AD ingredient.
    Make Rank 10: 32k AD ingredient.

Total tax for combining to a rank 8 from rank 4: 8+8+8+8+8

40k tax to see a rank 8 enter the game.

The third thing I was thinking about is the most effective way to persistently remove AD from the world would be to tax the Zen/AD exchange.
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Great ideas, OP, but you are misunderstanding what an economic sink actually is. Those aren't be sinks. An economic sink is money spent with no return to the spender, such as posting fees at the Auction House or the cost of unslotting enchantments. This is why it's called a "SINK" (as in kitchen sink: it goes down the drain). What you are suggesting are simply new items for sale.

So a true "sink" suggestion might be: it costs 10 AD every time you mount your horse, bear, big cat, whatever. THAT would be a "sink". And I really doubt people want more economic sinks in the game no matter what it is.

Interesting, but does not correspond with the accepted definition of an economic sink...
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014

Yeah, AD sinks do give a return to the sender otherwise they wouldn't buy them.
    The only thing a sink has to do is flush currency out of the system.

Teleport scrolls, cosmetic changes, etc. Those are the perfect AD sinks.

Problem with what we already have is there is an extra zero on basically everything which pushes people to never use them. For instance PE Teleport scrolls. I would gladly buy a few if there were 400 but not at 4,000.

Because that is the other requirement of AD sinks. Many should be almost impulse buys so that everybody is willing to purchase them. If the sinks are priced too high, especially in this system where you get 10x better deals from spending Zen than AD, people will not spend money on the sinks.
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think they are all dreadful ideas. I have 50k+ AD I cannot even refine on several characters and I just spent another 750k to get a Companion from Blue to Purple. Too many AD has never been a problem for me. It's NOT ENOUGH AD is the problem.

Sensible sinks would give something in return for your AD, while flushing the AD out of the system..

Based on the Zen and AD price of what can already be purchased, I would suggest that the Wondrous Bazzarr and several other merchants should sell all types of Refining Stones.

So a far better AD Sink would be the ability to buy Refining Stones, Artifact Refining Stones and Wards, both on the Zen Market and from AD Sink Merchants and BOTH sources should be BoP to Account.

Those found in-game as drops or from nodes and chests should continue to be tradable. But the posted asking price will settle down to a level lower than or equal to the AD Sink price and there should not be a huge number of them available in future.

Based on the White Pearl and Flawless Sapphire, the in-game AD Sink for these stones is 6 AD per Refining Point (RP).

Based on the Blood Ruby costing 800 Zen for 50,000 RP, that gives us an AD Sink cost of 300,000 AD (50,000 x 6).

That is 375 AD per Zen.

And when I started playing in February, 2014, that is roughly what the ZAX price was, before the various exploiters sent the market crazy.

So I would suggest this:

[COLOR="#000000"]
    Gem                RP           Cash Cost     Zen          AD
    White Pearl*      100               50 cp       -         600
    Periodot          500          2 sp 50 cp       8       3,000
    Aquamarine      1,500          7 sp 50 cp      24       9,000
    Fl. Sapphire*   5,000         25 sp 00 cp      80      30,000
    Black Opal     10,000         50 sp 00 cp     160      60,000
    Blood Ruby     50,000    2 gp 50 sp 00 cp     800     300,000
    Br. Diamond   250,000   12 gp 50 sp 00 cp   4,000   1,500,000
    [/COLOR]

* = already available as AD Sinks

We could even have new gems such as Amethyst, Emerald and Moonstone to plug the gaps at 2,500, 25,000 and 100,000 RP.

This would draw a lot of AD out of the game as well as having the potential to draw Zen to the Zen Market. If people are able to refine Enchants more easily, newer players would catch up a little more quickly with the BIS players who may have used exploits in the past, more of them will be available for reasonable prices on the Auction House and prices would be driven down.

There should also be a built-in upper limit to AH prices if the same items are available elsewhere in-game.

For example, I would NEVER buy a Flawless Sapphire for 30,000 AD as they are on the AH for far, far less. Blood Rubies I would buy for Zen as the AH price is ludicrously over the top at the moment.

Obviously, no one will buy overpriced refining stones etc from the AH if they could get them from the AD Sink.

I’d also like to be able to buy Preservation and Coalescent Wards for AD from an In-Game Merchant.

~
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Low end AD sinks won't work because a)they don't remove that much from the game and b) they remove the AD from people who do not have much AD. These are the people already hurt by high ad prices in the AH due to too much AD in the system. They would have a hard time scraping up a few k to dye a companion.

Sinks need to target people with AD to spend. But not so overpriced that even someone with millions of AD won't touch em.
    Put some bada** looking transmutes on sale for 200k each. Make mount upgrades cheaper so people will collect and upgrade mounts.
    Sell something between a pres ward and a coal ward that not only saves the materials like a pres ward but also increases the chance of success by 10% for 25k a piece. Sell mount dyes for armored horses for 20 k a mount. Decrease the profession speedup time to 10% of current and maybe people would use it on purpose. Sell the ability to switch paragon paths back and forth(would not reset feats) for 250k AD. Or sell a wardrobe that you can store a set of armor in and switch out with one click for 200k each.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Low end AD sinks won't work because a)they don't remove that much from the game and b) they remove the AD from people who do not have much AD. These are the people already hurt by high ad prices in the AH due to too much AD in the system. They would have a hard time scraping up a few k to dye a companion.

Sinks need to target people with AD to spend. But not so overpriced that even someone with millions of AD won't touch em.
    Put some bada** looking transmutes on sale for 200k each. Make mount upgrades cheaper so people will collect and upgrade mounts.
    Sell something between a pres ward and a coal ward that not only saves the materials like a pres ward but also increases the chance of success by 10% for 25k a piece. Sell mount dyes for armored horses for 20 k a mount. Decrease the profession speedup time to 10% of current and maybe people would use it on purpose. Sell the ability to switch paragon paths back and forth(would not reset feats) for 250k AD. Or sell a wardrobe that you can store a set of armor in and switch out with one click for 200k each.

Why would the AD whales spend money on any of that? They are here just to make more AD. They flip stuff to turn a profit, instead of actually spending AD.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think they are all dreadful ideas. I have 50k+ AD I cannot even refine on several characters and I just spent another 750k to get a Companion from Blue to Purple. Too many AD has never been a problem for me. It's NOT ENOUGH AD is the problem.

Sensible sinks would give something in return for your AD, while flushing the AD out of the system..

Based on the Zen and AD price of what can already be purchased, I would suggest that the Wondrous Bazzarr and several other merchants should sell all types of Refining Stones.

So a far better AD Sink would be the ability to buy Refining Stones, Artifact Refining Stones and Wards, both on the Zen Market and from AD Sink Merchants and BOTH sources should be BoP to Account.

Those found in-game as drops or from nodes and chests should continue to be tradable. But the posted asking price will settle down to a level lower than or equal to the AD Sink price and there should not be a huge number of them available in future.

Based on the White Pearl and Flawless Sapphire, the in-game AD Sink for these stones is 6 AD per Refining Point (RP).

Based on the Blood Ruby costing 800 Zen for 50,000 RP, that gives us an AD Sink cost of 300,000 AD (50,000 x 6).

That is 375 AD per Zen.

And when I started playing in February, 2014, that is roughly what the ZAX price was, before the various exploiters sent the market crazy.

So I would suggest this:

[COLOR="#000000"]
    Gem                RP           Cash Cost     Zen          AD
    White Pearl*      100               50 cp       -         600
    Periodot          500          2 sp 50 cp       8       3,000
    Aquamarine      1,500          7 sp 50 cp      24       9,000
    Fl. Sapphire*   5,000         25 sp 00 cp      80      30,000
    Black Opal     10,000         50 sp 00 cp     160      60,000
    Blood Ruby     50,000    2 gp 50 sp 00 cp     800     300,000
    Br. Diamond   250,000   12 gp 50 sp 00 cp   4,000   1,500,000
    [/COLOR]

* = already available as AD Sinks

We could even have new gems such as Amethyst, Emerald and Moonstone to plug the gaps at 2,500, 25,000 and 100,000 RP.

This would draw a lot of AD out of the game as well as having the potential to draw Zen to the Zen Market. If people are able to refine Enchants more easily, newer players would catch up a little more quickly with the BIS players who may have used exploits in the past, more of them will be available for reasonable prices on the Auction House and prices would be driven down.

There should also be a built-in upper limit to AH prices if the same items are available elsewhere in-game.

For example, I would NEVER buy a Flawless Sapphire for 30,000 AD as they are on the AH for far, far less. Blood Rubies I would buy for Zen as the AH price is ludicrously over the top at the moment.

Obviously, no one will buy overpriced refining stones etc from the AH if they could get them from the AD Sink.

I’d also like to be able to buy Preservation and Coalescent Wards for AD from an In-Game Merchant.

~

While I appreciate where you are going here most of those items like peridots are cheaper on the AH even at today's current prices. Then add the affect of refining via lower level enchants and such and market dorces would ignore that AD 'sink'. I contemplated the idea of a game merchant selling wards at 1.08x500 the zen cost so that the AH tax would make re-selling zen items unprofitable. The problem is that rate would also set a zen floor in that under a certain ZAX rate zen becomes worthless as anything other than a ZAX commodity unless you are looking at pets and mounts. Which I am not sure sell in high enough volume to make the market dynamic.
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    Why would the AD whales spend money on any of that? They are here just to make more AD. They flip stuff to turn a profit, instead of actually spending AD.
    No ad sink will touch someone whose only purpose is to make more AD.
    But many high geared players do actually play the game itself and I am sure some pvp'ers and pve'ers would love a chance to switch paragon paths or armor sets to go between pvp and pve.
    But you are right, you can't sink the real holders of AD when they only play the game like its the stock market.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    pointsman wrote: »

Agreed. They can also sell their AD for...wait for it.....REAL MONEY $$$
  • baddeedsbaddeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2014
    Well i read alot of comments here . but does anyone realize to battle ad sink you need to get the prices right in the ah . its on supply and demand . since the DD chests are bugged and the drop rates are messed up on enchant drops . the market will never get normal . so the best way to manage the ad sink in my opinion is to bring the prices on items at normal rates so new players can also have a chance to buy them . secondly if there are more enchants and items in ah it will eventually stabalize the economy . i.e lets say cn drops used to cost in millions eventually they cost under millions so the ad sellers have harder time to make ad compared to before . so now they work on enchants and other items like these which have sky rocketed since mod 3 . so eventually cryptic wants to battle farmers they need to work on ad sink as well . those are just my opinions :)
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I love all the ideas of the OP, except for the Fragment of Crystalline Resonator - we don't need anymore ways to make AD out of nothing. If you put in a little effort you can get the 24k AD easily, anyway. The prices need to be a little higher for some of them. Though they shouldn't go overboard like they did with other AD sinks. I also think they should add some very expensive AD sinks for the "rich" people.
    Here are my thoughts on the OP suggestions:
    Companion/Weapon/Mount Dye Kits - vanity items, you should probably use them when you have a decent income - 10K -15k AD seems like a decent price. I would spend even more for these. Maybe have 2 qualities (green and blue) with different prices.
    Weapon/Gear transmutes - same as die kits, unnecessary vanity items, and you should use them when you have a reliable supply of AD - I'm thinking 10k AD.
    Adventurer's Garb/Elixir of Swiftness/Astral Healing Kit/Salve of Radiance - these seem decently priced. Salve of Radiance and the Elixir of Swiftness are really cool ideas.
    Many Coins Astral Portal - I love this one. Make it 500 AD, but have it open till the player decides he/she doesn't need it anymore.
    Obviously, everything I said is just my opinion, and may subjective.

Here's another idea - Player/Guild Housing. You can make it a gold sink, AD sink, Zen sink, rare drops from all the adventuring areas, dungeons, skirmishes ... but, I guess I'm just daydreaming now. :)

If we're talking about removing AD from the market, I think there should be a cap on how many characters you can farm Leadership on. Nothing too harsh, of course, and I hate to suggest a nerf, but I think it would help make a better future for the game ... Please don't kill me!
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    khimera906 wrote: »
    I love all the ideas of the OP, except for the Fragment of Crystalline Resonator - we don't need anymore ways to make AD out of nothing. If you put in a little effort you can get the 24k AD easily, anyway. The prices need to be a little higher for some of them. Though they shouldn't go overboard like they did with other AD sinks. I also think they should add some very expensive AD sinks for the "rich" people.
    Here are my thoughts on the OP suggestions:
    Companion/Weapon/Mount Dye Kits - vanity items, you should probably use them when you have a decent income - 10K -15k AD seems like a decent price. I would spend even more for these. Maybe have 2 qualities (green and blue) with different prices.
    Weapon/Gear transmutes - same as die kits, unnecessary vanity items, and you should use them when you have a reliable supply of AD - I'm thinking 10k AD.
    Adventurer's Garb/Elixir of Swiftness/Astral Healing Kit/Salve of Radiance - these seem decently priced. Salve of Radiance and the Elixir of Swiftness are really cool ideas.
    Many Coins Astral Portal - I love this one. Make it 500 AD, but have it open till the player decides he/she doesn't need it anymore.
    Obviously, everything I said is just my opinion, and may subjective.

Here's another idea - Player/Guild Housing. You can make it a gold sink, AD sink, Zen sink, rare drops from all the adventuring areas, dungeons, skirmishes ... but, I guess I'm just daydreaming now. :)

If we're talking about removing AD from the market, I think there should be a cap on how many characters you can farm Leadership on. Nothing too harsh, of course, and I hate to suggest a nerf, but I think it would help make a better future for the game ... Please don't kill me!

If they nerf leadership new players have no choice and no way to catch up, new prizes are too high for ftp and newcomers and legit players .
    Any way no zen no new char slots zax backlog is still 12,5 mill. No more leadership.
    The problem is not with those ppl how have 10 or more chars .
    The problem is with players how have 50 acc with 2 chars.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2014
    As long as the AD sink isn't FORCED onto 'whales' and rich people, or allows them to get vastly superior stuff than what can one get without 100 million AD a piece, you only cause them to continue to sit there and not spend AD on anything else than screw it up for the rest. And if you force an AD sink onto players, they will leave, but not without using their wealth first to create as much damage as possible.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    NEW Idea :
    Each day your stacked ad vanished by 5 % of your total ammount by magical AD hungry kobold soo called Rhix .Rhix.jpg
    And Rhix will give your AD to the poor ppl in NW. If you put your 100kk to try buy zen (to avoid the NWs new tax)devs will owerlook your log and account. :)
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    maegmaag wrote: »
    The whole AD issue is the 24k RAD refinement limit per character. Make it per account and twill settle (or even double it as long as its per account).

You of course realize that all this would do is to have people create alts on different accounts instead of paying zen to buy additional character slots on a single account...
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • baddeedsbaddeeds Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 74
    edited August 2014
    ?????????????You of course realize that all this would do is to have people create alts on different accounts instead of paying zen to buy additional character slots on a single account...???????

well to be honest people wont like to buy new packs for different accounts . they only use different accounts for leadership imo
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    khimera906 wrote: »

Why nerf Leadership AD farming without banning (removing) all hourly events where the real AD farming happens; a.k.a "Events" like skirmishes? (And capping in any way is still a nerf by any other word).

Leadership can earn up to 24k AD a day. Skirmish even can earn 20k AD an hour. Why are you hating on Leadership when Hourly Event Farming is the source of your so-called flood of AD? (I'm not chastising you, Khimera - I'm just pointing this out for everyone who thinks Leadership contributes to the AD pool in any significant way as compared).
  • stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    qutsemnie wrote: »
    Also, I was thinking prior to that about the core problem that the cost work required to get high rank enchantments causes people to not want to use a cosmetic sink, and I concluded there should be an AD regent in the enchantment combine. The AD regent should be smallish in cost to avoid a riot. Also it should not be available any other way. For example,
    Make Rank 5: 1k AD ingredient.
    Make Rank 6: 2k AD ingredient.
    Make Rank 7: 4k AD ingredient.
    Make Rank 8: 8k AD ingredient.
    Make Rank 9: 16k AD ingredient.
    Make Rank 10: 32k AD ingredient.

Total tax for combining to a rank 8 from rank 4: 8+8+8+8+8

40k tax to see a rank 8 enter the game.

This already exists. Marks cost ad from the wondrous bazaar.

Upgrade -> Required Component -> Cost:
    Rank5 -> Rank6 Mark of Potency -> 25k AD
    Rank6 -> Rank7 Mark of Potency (x2) -> 50k AD
    Rank7 -> Rank8 Greater Mark of Potency -> 100k AD + one Rank 7 enchant of the same type
    Rank8 -> Rank9 Greater Mark of Potency (x2) -> 200k AD + one Rank 8 enchant of the same type
    Rank9 -> Rank10 Greater Mark of Potency (x2) -> 200k AD + one Rank 9 enchant of the same type

Plus the cost skyrocket past Rank7. To create any Rank 8 or higher it requires a second enchantment of the same type and quality to upgrade (which is consumed.) Also, it is wise with all of these to use preservaton wards which cost 10z each. (5,000 ad equivalent)

qutsemnie wrote: »
    The third thing I was thinking about is the most effective way to persistently remove AD from the world would be to tax the Zen/AD exchange.

I assume the reason you want to tax the Zen/AD transactions is to discourage people from flipping... (Buying items on the zen market to sell for AD.) This will not stop the practice; instead the people flipping items will just increase the sale price another 10%.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited August 2014
    Why nerf Leadership AD farming without banning (removing) all hourly events where the real AD farming happens; a.k.a "Events" like skirmishes? (And capping in any way is still a nerf by any other word).

Leadership can earn up to 24k AD a day. Skirmish even can earn 20k AD an hour. Why are you hating on Leadership when Hourly Event Farming is the source of your so-called flood of AD? (I'm not chastising you, Khimera - I'm just pointing this out for everyone who thinks Leadership contributes to the AD pool in any significant way as compared).

Becasue ppl with kids mentality can only rage at the only thing ppl is talking now : leadership.

To be clear: do you know , ppl , what happened in past days? ... that was the cause of the inflation... leadership is not affecting at all the ad generation...

then POINT 2, and i will keep replying at ppl raging against leadershipt:
    - Do you know how much time it will take to rise up leadership to rank 20?

Its 1 month if it all goes well... for 1 toon with full purple workers.

+ every single man-at-arms cost atm 25k AD = for 6 slot you need to spend 150k to start 1 toon.
    + the patience to remember to refresh your leadership task
    + you can have only 3 slot at start if you can unlock the Tast 100% speed slot... otherwise you start with 2
    + at rank 14 the exp you gain from the best task is 240 ... is 3 times lower than other profession whcih they give 800 exp and that task it doesnt give experience.
    + to manage 20 toons (like i do) it usually take 30 minutes - 1 hour out of your 16 hours of day living. Repeat it 2 twice a day ... or 3 times... throught the gateway... which is sometimes slows or buggy...

+ ITS NOT TRUE THAT YOU CAN ALWAYS EARN 24K DAY... minimum and usual the avarage is 10k with each toon... unless you find some rare task for 5k more ad...

+ You can earn more grinding Castle Never and dropping some Ancient Weapons to resell.
    (which at the moment cost 600k - 1Milion)

and i can continue... If you think its easy to grow up leadership , it means you never tried and you have only heard stories in zone chat...

so: stop blaming Leadership and just talk about ad sinks....
  • ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have an even better idea than introducing "sinks".

All they need to do is hire testers and data analysts.

When they notice people producing AD out of nothing, they go in take a look and fix the bug. Problem solved.

Lets be real, it took MONTHS for the economy to get this bad when people could make AD out of thin air. It even took binding of keys and wards to help it along.

I think things will be just fine once the supply of "free" AD gets used up.

Think about it, would you care what price you paid in AD for anything if you could make it out of thin air? Of course not. So now that they can't do that anymore, the prices should gradually go back to normal.
  • elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    hiukulimus wrote: »
    snip
    so: stop blaming Leadership and just talk about ad sinks....

Completely true, nice post.
  • sr2normandysr2normandy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 56
    edited August 2014
    If they nerf leadership new players have no choice and no way to catch up, new prizes are too high for ftp and newcomers and legit players .
    Any way no zen no new char slots zax backlog is still 12,5 mill. No more leadership.
    The problem is not with those ppl how have 10 or more chars .
    The problem is with players how have 50 acc with 2 chars.

Absolutely agree with you!!! ABSOLUTELY! Why the ppl which have f.e. 7 characters should be nerfed? I paid token for each character expansion and I want to know all classes ;) Trouble is exactly the ppl which have 50 acc with two basics chars...

But I like some Khimera's ideas as well...
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    hell no, take all the AD from people who exploited the game to get AD , like recent exploit : astral resonator and gemfusion.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have 10 character slots, and 6 characters with lvl 20 Leadership, so I make a good chunk of my AD that way. I'll probably add even more character slots when new classes/races will be added, and I will eventually have lvl 20 Leadership on all of them. I hope you understand I don't "hate" Leadership, and I'm not suggesting a nerf on Leadership itself, but rather cap the number of characters you can farm AD on. I find it perfectly reasonable to farm Leadership on 10 characters - that's +100k AD a day, and you've earned that. I know first hand how tedious it is and how long it takes to gain that max level in Leadership, but there are people with a ridiculous number of characters. I think it would contribute to keeping inflation in check to have a cap at 10-15 AD farmers.
    Now, please, let's get back to the OP's topic - the AD sinks.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.