test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

15% Bonus ZEN Coupon - Exclusive to only some players?

duggyduggy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
This is the second time in the past week that fellow guild mates and hubby have received emails with exclusive offers. The one yesterday was for a "15% Bonus ZEN Coupon". I'm not sure why I'm not receiving these same offers. I'm getting other mail from Perfect World Entertainment and Neverwinter just fine.

I wrote to support about this but they're kind of busy right now. I'm not sure I'll get an answer by the time the offer expires.

Did I forget to put a checkmark in the "offer me cool stuff too" box?

*sulks and kicks dirt*
Post edited by duggy on

Comments

• duggyduggy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It seems everyone I speak with is having trouble redeeming their codes. A follow-up email was sent out that claimed "Oops, looks like we provided the wrong link in the previous email to redeem your 15% Bonus Zen Coupon..."

And here is the info I got from support when I thought I had a code to redeem...

Hope this helps.
  • czarnamimozaczarnamimoza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2014
    I get all the e-mails about zen coupons and zen sales, but none about free companions (Ioun Stone of Radiance, Storm Rider). The strange thing is, my boyfriend doesn't get the mails I get and vice versa. He got the mail about the stone and the rider, but didn't get the ones about coupons. And I'm the one that collects companions, so I'm pretty annoyed by this. We both have Gmail accounts, both use the same PayPal account to make payments. Just what is different about him and me? Why doesn't he qualify for some offers and I for the others?
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Heh, I've gotten them... as item drops in game that is...

But they were for things I don't usually bother with anyway like a new fashion set and dyes.

I was like... errmm... well ok normally this would be good but I don't use fashions, and I have enough dyes to choke a horse.
    edited June 2014
    I get all the e-mails about zen coupons and zen sales, but none about free companions (Ioun Stone of Radiance, Storm Rider). The strange thing is, my boyfriend doesn't get the mails I get and vice versa. He got the mail about the stone and the rider, but didn't get the ones about coupons. And I'm the one that collects companions, so I'm pretty annoyed by this. We both have Gmail accounts, both use the same PayPal account to make payments. Just what is different about him and me? Why doesn't he qualify for some offers and I for the others?

Free companions!? Awww... I wantz! Hubby and I compared our emails and it appears that occasionally we get the same one, but for the most part, we don't. For some reason I stopped receiving special offers a while ago. I considered that it might have something to do with us having the same IP and both having bought zen in the past... but I can't make heads or tails of it.

Heh, I've gotten them... as item drops in game that is...

But they were for things I don't usually bother with anyway like a new fashion set and dyes.

I was like... errmm... well ok normally this would be good but I don't use fashions, and I have enough dyes to choke a horse.

Are you talking about the bonus items that you have to buy within the hour? I've gotten those too... but never when I'm in a position to buy them... or for an item I don't really care about, like fashion. So far none of the fashions they've offered really appeal to me.

I ended up buying zen though and got the first time buyer's pack, which had some pretty cool stuff in it. :)
  • mosaic06mosaic06 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is what's happening to my hubby and I too; we both got the Ioun stone of Radiance, but only I got the e-mail about the Black Rider companion, and the 15% bonus e-mail, but my hubby got nothing. Weird ???

Any suggestions
  • thetrueazurethetrueazure Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Really? o.O

I've gotten no mails about anything NWN or PW-related, at least when it comes to offers. Did I forget to flick a 'send me cool stuff' switch?

I've actually been thinking about treating myself with some Zen, but waiting for a bonus zen sale thinger to get the best bang for my buck. Guess I'm just not cool enough to get extra zen? :(
    edited June 2014
    I heard back from support. They confirmed that no special offer was sent to my email, and ignored the question as to why I'm not getting them and what I can do to start getting them. Awesome.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    duggy wrote: »
    Did I forget to put a checkmark in the "offer me cool stuff too" box?

There is one of these.

*goes digging*

Aha, they hide it under the Language Preferences tab on your ARC account.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited June 2014
    Thanks becky! I was trying to look for that myself to make sure I had a checkmark in it...

"Allow us to send occasional newsletters and updates to your registered email address."

...but I do... so that's not it. :(
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I heard back from support. They confirmed that no special offer was sent to my email, and ignored the question as to why I'm not getting them and what I can do to start getting them. Awesome.

That might be because support may not know why. Usually such emails are sent out by an automated system.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
    edited June 2014
    I would imagine if they didn't know, they'd find out. If there's another place I should be asking instead of support, please let me know. Even just to hear "it's random" or "we send it out alphabetically but stop just before we get to your letter then start over again"... then at least I'd know. But at least from the responses I've seen here I'm not alone... so not quite as paranoid as before. :D

I sound like one of those crazy coupon clippers, don't I? *snickers*
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thanks becky! I was trying to look for that myself to make sure I had a checkmark in it...

"Allow us to send occasional newsletters and updates to your registered email address."

...but I do... so that's not it. :(

I have that checked as well, and have -never- received any email other than the ones to say that event xxxx is live now.

I've taken advantage of every single offer to which I qualified, as well as transferring my monthly 'allowance' for over seven months (in this game, I don't even want to think about what I transferred to Champs Online and Star Trek..) you'd think they'd notice the cessation of same and pop me an offer once in awhile. Hahaha
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Does your hubby play a lot? They probably have it rigged to send to people that don't play often as incentive to come back to the game or play more often.

I know I received one before I really got into the game and now that I play daily I haven't gotten one for months.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    whether these targeted promotions rub you the wrong way... PWE's marketing department doesn't have to share their marketing tactics with the general public. sometimes people do not like a company for their marketing or disagree with it for varied reasons. that is entirely within your right.

take sam's club for instance. to shop at sam's club, you have to either pay for a membership or have someone give you a complimentary membership. they have four types of memberships. the regular version, a business version and then a pro regular and pro business version. membership costs are more than twice for pro memberships, but there are incentives for getting the pro membership. one of those is early shopping hours. regular sams club members cannot shop in the club until 10am but it is open for sams plus members from 7am - 10am. this is an incentive to being a paying pro member. pro members also get an additional year on any warranty they purchase from the club.

any company may choose to provide incentives to their customers be that for loyalty or to try to get them to become loyal customers. if it helps build sales for that company, then it's something that they'll likely continue to do.
    edited June 2014
    I'm aware of how promos work in the world of business. I have some experience in that regard. ;) I don't think anyone is being rubbed the wrong way. Just people sharing their experiences. And if those same people express an interest in spending more money if offered promos, it's in the company's best interest to take note. PWE is great for paying attention to their loyal player base -- that's one of the many reasons this game (and some of their other titles) have been/are sure to be a great success.

I started getting offers mailed to me again. Yay!

@hamletswords - Hubby and I play the exact same amount of time. We met each other in an MMORPG 10 years ago this coming August. We're both avid gamers, so I always get a giggle when his friends comment that it's so cool that he's convinced his wife to play with him LMAO!! It's generally the other way around. It was a match made in heaven, he generally plays tanks/dd's and I'm typically a healer/buffer... although occasionally we reverse roles just for SNG. Neverwinter meets so many of our gaming requirements and playstyles that I just don't remember the last time I had this much fun. But our budget doesn't accommodate my many "wants" for this game (companions, mounts, pretty dresses)... so even the smallest promo is well-received here.

See you in game!

~duggy (Dugchugger)