test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elk tribe items - why they are BOP ?

fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
i wonder why those items are bop.

it wont hurt economy much if they was BOE just like hammerstone items.......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by fauust01 on

Comments

• bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have a better question: why are the drops from MC, VT, and Icewind Dale BoP?
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bucklittle wrote: »
    I have a better question: why are the drops from MC, VT, and Icewind Dale BoP?

accualy i am fine if the drops from chests are BOP - like VT ( excludeing armor - boss drop - that should be BOE for sure )

All Boss drops should accualy be BOE imo. It would not hurt economy much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    because they want you to get mad
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited May 2014
    yeah the elk tribe weapons are more transmute than anything please change them to BOE. If your going to leave them BOP give us a set bonus.
  • unholydragonkingunholydragonking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Okay so I just picked up the Elk Tribe Bow on my TR, dropped from the Remo, and I think "Oh sweet, maybe I can transfer it to my Ranger. I mean, sure it's Bind on Pickup, but surely Cryptic will have made these account transferable..." *Bound to Character; Insert facepalm here* Seriously I get having them BoP, but at least let us move them around on our accounts otherwise it becomes a nightmare trying to get the right weapons for the right class...
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If an item drops and it is not for your class, then it should be BtA at worst, and BoE at best...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    fauust01 wrote: »

I think a better question is why do Elk Tribe items even drop? I find it hard to believe anyone would use them for anything...
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The CW orb is decent for transmuting ,it is like a drinking horn or something .

aGmM2bL.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • unholydragonkingunholydragonking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think the bow looks pretty freaking sweet actually, I would love to use it for transmutation...

ElkBow_zps9c698c64.jpg
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    fauust01 wrote: »

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they were BoP.... IF they'd actually drop the right items for the right class,

I've gotten a good 5 Elk Tribe drops, but NONE for my class.

Lol what good is a BoP Elk Tribe Battle Axe going to do me as a Mage?
    edited June 2014
    Get a bound to account main hand (like something from the CTA's) then transmute the elk tribe weapon to it. If im not mistaken it will stay bound to account, you'd have to test this as im speculating

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
  • asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    crazymikee wrote: »
    Get a bound to account main hand (like something from the CTA's) then transmute the elk tribe weapon to it. If im not mistaken it will stay bound to account, you'd have to test this as im speculating

if all you want it for is the appearance, then this should work. you dont even need a BTA item, any old unbound would do
    Tenebris lux mea est
    edited June 2014
    if all you want it for is the appearance, then this should work. you dont even need a BTA item, any old unbound would do

if you transmute an unbound item it becomes bind to character. ive tried :(

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Would definitely be nice if the Elk Tribe weapons were BoE, especially since they drop for the wrong classes.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Could be possible in a future update.

I personally don't think its that important but *IF* they have time so be it
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If the Heroic Encounters aren't going to drop items for your class, the items should, at most, be Bind on Account. *Twice* I've gotten the HR offhand from the Remo - which would be great if I had been on my HR, and not my DC and GWF.

Alternative - how about an "Elk Tribe Token" that could be BoP, and then exchanged for a class-appropriate item? Still prevents the items getting to the AH, and players will actually have a chance to use what they get from HE's.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It doesn't make any sense that these items are randomized by class but BoP, when the Hammerstone gear is all BoE.

I'm pretty sure it's an error, since it's T1 gear with fancy skins.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • asatyr9asatyr9 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cdnbison wrote: »
    If the Heroic Encounters aren't going to drop items for your class, the items should, at most, be Bind on Account. *Twice* I've gotten the HR offhand from the Remo - which would be great if I had been on my HR, and not my DC and GWF.

Alternative - how about an "Elk Tribe Token" that could be BoP, and then exchanged for a class-appropriate item? Still prevents the items getting to the AH, and players will actually have a chance to use what they get from HE's.

Your alternative makes me wonder why it was not introduced initially. It makes too much sense I guess.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is one of those little tweaks I'd like to see as well. Almost got my CW to 100%, but Elk Tribe is a whole new type of grind because you need Main and Off Hand and on top of the ridiculous drop change itself, you only have a 1/7 (1/8 /w Warlock) chance getting the item for your class.

Even giving the Elk Tribe a very generous drop chance, I'd set the amount of encounters to run until you get both Main and Off Hand at around 500 (180+ bracket).

A word of clarification might also help. I never really paid attention to it, but it seems that Black Ice gear has a chance to drop on top of whatever combination of crafting stuff and Enchantments you get. Same with Elk Tribe?

Or is there a slight chance you get a purple piece and then it's determined whether it's crafting, Elk Tribe or Black Ice gear?

I think I even got Elk Tribe from a medium encounter on preview back in the days, but that might have changed by now.
  • gladiatorulgladiatorul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited July 2014
    what is a bop?
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    what is a bop?

BoP = Bind on pickup (stuck on the character that finds it)
    BoA = Bind on Account (stuck on account its found, typically not so bad; like if these were)
    BoE - Bind on Equip (First character that equips it binds to)

I also agree with post. Ive only found 1 Elk Tribe, it was a bow for a ranger found by my GWF. So it became scrap. Also the RNG on them is equal to or less than the braces for me. Ive found 3 bracers but only 1 elk tribe not for my class.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    agreed, the idea that you can loot a bop item that is for another class is absurd.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • lievcocijolievcocijo Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    reviving this thread because im facing the same issue; and I only want the Elk bow for transmute, at this point forward noone will care for them as a useable weapon
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "Reviving" a dead thread doesn't cut it. Back to the grave with you, Vilithrax....it's past your bedtime...
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.