test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I Don't Want to Join a Guild

x1101011xx1101011x Member Posts: 87 Arc User
I'm a 60 faithful DC with about 12.5k gear score.

pwabWjg.png

I hate gear score. I hate the high prophet set bonus. I hate people. I don't want to socialize; I just want to heal people and get upgrades, but every time I queue for anything higher than a t2 dungeon it just falls apart because random.

I'm strictly f2p. I really shouldn't be playing this game; I should be studying for the qualifying exams in analysis and linear algebra. I don't really have time for guild stuff; I only have time to play at all because it's the summer.

If I told you things I did before -- told you how I used to be -- would you run an instance with someone like me?
Post edited by x1101011x on

Comments

• nirraddrappehsnirraddrappehs Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    what is even the purpose of this post?
  • x1101011xx1101011x Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Um, to find a guild, obviously.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Awww, Mr. Grumpy pants just needs a hug, and possibly a cookie. I'll be your friend, just don't shoot anyone. Ok?
  • breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    x1101011x wrote: »
    I hate gear score.
    Me too
    I hate the high prophet set bonus.
    Uh, ok
    I hate people.
    Awkward
    I don't want to socialize
    I get it you skip the keg parties and sit back in the corner out of sight
    I really shouldn't be playing this game
    Truer words never spoken by the anti social guy who hates people
    I should be studying for the qualifying exams in analysis and linear algebra.
    Thanks for sharing.
    I don't really have time for guild stuff
    What guild? Your kind of creeping me out kid.
    I only have time to play at all because it's the summer.
    I thought you should be studying for the qualifying exams?
    If i told you things I did before -- told you how I used to be -- would you run an instance with someone like me?

Depends. Did you used to be normal? What things did you do before? Is it like Hannibal Lechter stuff? Should I be concerned about the meat product served in your household?
  • demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Err... Aside from the totally random dramatic post, one question:

Was the screenshot really necessary?
    edited May 2014
    - I hate gear score because it's a poor indicator of player ability, and it's given significant weight by most other players.
    - I hate the high prophet set bonus because it's so good that it removes choice without impacting gameplay. Also, wearing it lowers gear score (see above).
    - I am an introvert.
    - I am still an introvert.
    - I have better things to do, so
    - (continued) I have time to play but not much time,
    - (continued) and I won't be showing up to nightly raids, etc.
    - I will not be a continued asset for the guild; I will only be playing for a few months.
    - This was a reference to a song to which I heard someone else listening. People like it when you identify with things they know. Most people seem to listen to music. If someone doesn't know the song, I expect he or she would ignore it. Therefore, net positive expected benefit.

^ How is any of that unusual or unsettling? It simply explains for what I'm looking: a low maintenance guild without social expectation for the purpose of running content and acquiring upgrades tentatively.
    edited May 2014
    demidogz wrote: »
    Was the screenshot really necessary?

Necessary, no, but craigslist ads get significantly more responses with an image. Why would this marketing be any different?
  • demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Okay can, carry on and wish you the best of luck, I'm sure you'll find an awesome guild!
  • breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    - It simply explains for what I'm looking: a low maintenance guild without social expectation for the purpose of running content and acquiring upgrades tentatively.

Actually if you read everything you wrote. Your title is "I don't want to join a guild."

Then you explained that you hate people and don't like to socialize. I will give you some advice. Let this thread die out. Then write what you should have written in the beginning.
    I'm looking [for] a low maintenance guild without social expectation for the purpose of running content and acquiring upgrades tentatively.

And next time don't post a picture of a guy who looks so depressing.
    edited May 2014
    Actually if you read everything you wrote. Your title is "I don't want to join a guild."

Then you explained that you hate people and don't like to socialize. I will give you some advice. Let this thread die out. Then write what you should have written in the beginning.

And next time don't post a picture of a guy who looks so depressing.

Show; don't tell.
  • rezielereziele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2014
    rofl. You kinda remind me of an old friend, he used to talk as frustrating as you do and using a "k" to every other question I had for him.. maybe because I talk alot? anyway if you still need a laid back guild with absolutely no expectations you're welcome to try out the current one I'm in.
    ~We need more PvP types. Tired of Dominations!~
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You remind me of a guy I know from another forum, right down to the rationalizations of why nobody really gets him.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Unfortunately, I have to determine the direction a thread is going not based on the intent of the OP, but rather the tone and direction of the replies given thereto. Whether the OP is merely finding a guild to tag along with to get things done for a little while, or whether they are intending to troll the playerbase, I cannot be certain, but I can say that this thread is definitely not the way to go about it.

Closing this down. I would recommend to the OP using ingame means to satisfy their requirements, as I wouldn't think a public forum would be the best way to go about matters in your specific case and tastes in a guild.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.