test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mature player with job and family looking for a guild

gallandangallandan Member Posts: 21 Arc User
Hey guys,

I'm a long time dnd player and Forgotten realms fan. I played the beta for this game but was turned off by the lack of diversity of the classes. It seems its come a long way since then. With the announcement of 5e and the fact that Wizards is partnering with Perfect World going forward, it looks like this is going to be the online dnd platform.

I started playing a dwarven guardian fighter, and I was having a good time. There were things I couldn't figure out though. I'm hoping to join a guild of relaxed players who don't mind assisting newbies. I'm not interested in playtime commitments, guild meetings or anything like that. I just want to log on, hook up with friends and go kill orcs.

Any guild like that out there?
Post edited by gallandan on

Comments

• herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hello,

[Founders] is a guild run by mature players (most people are working full time and have kids; we even have their kids in our guild). Several members have played PnP games back in the day, and one is teaching his kids Warhammer. Also, as you might find out, we do love our Guardian Fighters (but all classes are welcome). :D
    Our focus is helping our members familiarize themselves with the game and get together to "go kill orcs" (or undead).
    Feel free to contact any of us in-game:
    Founders - @phinsphan, @mithlor @setimoselo
    Head Advisor- @herundrion
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • gallandangallandan Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How is voice handled in Neverwinter? Also, I give you guys a tell. I'm going to build a great weapon fighter after reading the bad reviews about the guardian fighter. Besides, he died twice. I play permadeath style. Once he dies and resurrection doesn't seem viable its a re-roll.
  • tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hail gallandan!

We are a older guild that you may fit well in. We have a long history in many games!

We use teamspeak3 for our guild, New Outriders. Don't believe all the negative talk about GFs, I love mine and there is a need for them in many dungeons:)
  • herundrionherundrion Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There's in-game voice chat, but our guild uses RaidCall. We have very experiences GFs and GWFs in [Founders], so we can either change your opinion of GF ( ;) ) or get your GWF rolling smoothly.
    Co-Founder of -Valor-
    vih2r9.png
  • gallandangallandan Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks guys, I've started a GWF. He is now 15th. I still have the GF, but I'll probably nuke him in favor of a ranger or wizard. I'll look you guys up. Thanks for the post
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Howdy Gallandan. If you are still looking check out Tyrs Paladium. I think you would fit in quite well and make friends here.

We are VERY friendly to the new/returning player and all have real lives/families outside of the game, as we are a 3Oyrs old and older guild. And we go up to ~ 7O years old.

I played 1st edition D&D in 1976 and played until 3.5e. Computer games started with SSI'sa Pool of Radiance and played the entire gold box series of games on Commodore 64/Amiga systems ;}

Tyrs Paladium is an active medium sized guild that has two simple concepts. We are drama free and we don't zerg (rush ahead leaving others behind). We are quite organized and live by our motto: Play hard, laugh hard and win, together.

So u can say we are a fun, OLD SCHOOL group that enjoys playing with and helping out our guildies.

I'd like to share some links with you:

Our recruitment thread on the Forums here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?5111-Tyrs-Paladium-is-hiring!-quot-The-30-50-Year-Olds-Guild-quot

Our guild website:

http://tyrspaladium.forumotion.com/

HAPPY ADVENTURIN'

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!