test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Storm Rider Archer Companion

2»

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is this promotion available to everyone? Because I didn't get any advertisement or email about this. :(

Can someone clarify if we transfer 1000 ZEN into Neverwinter - will we get the storm rider companion (account-wide), even if we didn't get a notice about the promotion in our email?

Yes.
    /10char
  • sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    When does this promotion expires then?

If it's still avaliable i'll transfer some coin into it.
  • gormiepoohgormiepooh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    When does this promotion expires then?

If it's still avaliable i'll transfer some coin into it.

My email was sent and received on 5/24. In it, it says "Offer ends in 7 days!". So, that would be May 31st - they further promised to have the companions to us within 48 hours of the expiration .......... so by June 2nd.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I transferred Zen on 5/24 but I hadn't received any email (nor since). I'm guessing that it's only valid for people who got the email :(

(I still want a redcap companion though. Now that I opened up the lore page and read about how they got the way they are, I *really* want to liberate one from those Fomorians -- and if the little guy wants to dip his cap in the river of Fomorian blood I plan to create, I'll help him do it!)
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    I transferred Zen on 5/24 but I hadn't received any email (nor since). I'm guessing that it's only valid for people who got the email :(

(I still want a redcap companion though. Now that I opened up the lore page and read about how they got the way they are, I *really* want to liberate one from those Fomorians -- and if the little guy wants to dip his cap in the river of Fomorian blood I plan to create, I'll help him do it!)

Here's the text from the email I got about the promotion. It was dated 5/22/14:

"Transfer at least 1000 Zen into Neverwinter to receive a free Storm Rider companion!

Offer ends in 7 days!

This offer is only available on ArcGames.com!

Your Storm Rider will be delivered directly to your account within 48 hours after this offer expires. It may be claimed on all characters on your account from the Reward Claims Agent in Protector's Enclave."
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited May 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Here's the text from the email I got about the promotion. It was dated 5/22/14:

"Transfer at least 1000 Zen into Neverwinter to receive a free Storm Rider companion!

Offer ends in 7 days!

This offer is only available on ArcGames.com!

Your Storm Rider will be delivered directly to your account within 48 hours after this offer expires. It may be claimed on all characters on your account from the Reward Claims Agent in Protector's Enclave."

Nope, no such luck here. I typically transfer 10k at a time ($100), as it yields a 600Z bonus.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Nope, no such luck here. I typically transfer 10k at a time ($100), as it yields a 600Z bonus.

My point was that you will get the reward within 48 hours of the promo's end date - i.e. on the 31st...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited May 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    My point was that you will get the reward within 48 hours of the promo's end date - i.e. on the 31st...

Okie dokie. I'll sit tight and see how it works out.

(Warning to Fomorians: my HR knows what you did to the redcaps and she is coming for you. Her name: The Right Hand of Vengeance)

(*grin*)
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Mine has appeared on the rewards agent, no ingame mail.
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Got the e-mail I'm so sold as I missed this one last time around!
  • gormiepoohgormiepooh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OK, so it is Tuesday, 6/03. no in-game mail notification with the companion. nothing available on the reward vendor. What is going on with this? Seems a helluva nasty way for them to boost some money out of us if they aren't going to hold to the commitment they made in their solicitation.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I got an email to my account email (not in game) telling me I qualified. When I logged on the same evening the companion was ready for collection at the reward vendor in PE. No in-game email this time.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    gormiepooh wrote: »
    OK, so it is Tuesday, 6/03. no in-game mail notification with the companion. nothing available on the reward vendor. What is going on with this? Seems a helluva nasty way for them to boost some money out of us if they aren't going to hold to the commitment they made in their solicitation.

Submit a support ticket; be *POLITE* and phrase your ticket carefully (especially the subject line). Then be patient, it can take a few days to get a meaningful response (and it is just a companion, it will still be there waiting for you once the issue is solved and it is account-wide, so you can always claim it on a new character, etc.).

In your ticket subject line: try to grab attention by being pithy and accurate, for example: "Qualified Promotion Not Received" - or something along those lines. The idea is to try to describe your issue in the subject line.

In your message, be sure to be polite. It doesn't hurt to graciously acknowledge that you know the support staff is very, very busy and it would be nice to thank them for their time in helping you. Then simply explain that you qualified for the promotion, have been patient in accordance with all descriptions of the promotion and you still have not received your reward.

If you come-off as impatient, upset, or even angry - then expect a canned "wait 72 hours" response and no further contact. And if that's the case then perhaps you deserve what you got. (Just saying.)

It also would be a good idea to take a screenshot of your e-mail receipt from Perfect World (not PayPal or other bank) that shows the date and time you purchased your Zen and has the Perfect World logo on it - attach that as a file attachment to your ticket.

Then be very patient.

Whenever I've contact Perfect World Support I have always followed this "recipe" - and I have never been disappointed, yet. But it is important to be patient and understanding of their workload. Help them help you and sugar draws more flies than stink on sh... you get the idea.
This discussion has been closed.