test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Storm Rider Archer Companion

kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok, does anyone know what quality this companion is ?
Also does anyone know what the active bonus is. ?

Thanks. :)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's a green companion, active bonus is +55 power and +55 recovery (very nice for new CWs :P).

Other info here: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Storm_Rider
  • kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ah, thanks very much for the info.
    Unfortunately I was hoping it was a blue companion.
    1000 zen transfer is a bit much for me for a green companion.

Nice companion though for those that can afford the 1000 zen.

• sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kirkcaldy wrote: »
    Ah, thanks very much for the info.
    Unfortunately I was hoping it was a blue companion.
    1000 zen transfer is a bit much for me for a green companion.

Nice companion though for those that can afford the 1000 zen.

It was 5k AD transfer for the archer.
    edited May 2014
    It was 5k AD transfer for the archer.

I got an e mail today, saying transfer at least 1000 zen to Neverwinter,
    over the next seven days and get a free account wide Storm Rider Archer Companion.

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You're focusing on the rank (green) and Active Bonus. However, as a summoned companion it's awesome. Though attacks are slow like all companions, they are smart and do some real damage (yes, this may just be perception) - but she rarely if ever pulls agro from other nearby mobs. At least I've never experienced it.

It feels to me like one of the "smarter" companions to have summoned. Usually off to the side or behind you, shooting arrows from a distance. and if a mob closes in on her, the backs away quickly, usually straight backward. She was very handy-dandy on my melee (GWF and Rogue) toons, too.

Storm Rider is among my favorite companions and I most certainly do have a LOT.
    edited May 2014
    Yes, sounds like a nice companion.
    Sadly I cant afford the 1000 zen at this time. :(
    Maybe it will come around again when I am not broke. :)

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    I can't help but read your last post, look at your avatar and think...

"That makes you a sad panda..."
  • jbgxellizjbgxelliz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I got this email last night too and I would like to get it, but for me they are running these kind of pay promo's too close together.
  • sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    over the next seven days and get a free account wide Storm Rider Archer Companion.

WUT?!

No email for me with such a generous preposition.... only an old promotion to transfer 5k and get archer and was during winter.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Here's the thing... I never got an email, either - ever. I was pleasantly surprised when I got an in-game mail saying I won the companion and I should go pick it up.

The thing is: you don't have to actually receive the email announcing it. If you happen to transfer the Zen during the promotion period, you'll get it. This is the nice thing about how Cryptic does things.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, sounds like a nice companion.
    Sadly I cant afford the 1000 zen at this time. :(
    Maybe it will come around again when I am not broke. :)

Same here, I just purchased ZEN the other day for the first buyer promotion... if it was 5$ like the other one I could spare that, but i won't get paid until the end of the month and I have not much left on my prepaid credit card :P

Hope they run it again in a month or so :P
    edited May 2014
    Same here, I just purchased ZEN the other day for the first buyer promotion... if it was 5$ like the other one I could spare that, but i won't get paid until the end of the month and I have not much left on my prepaid credit card :P

Hope they run it again in a month or so :P

Same here, I got the 500 pack too, can only afford another 500 atm.

• chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Probably pointless to say.. but I ranked this companion to blue, and plan to go purple. She is pretty awesome, stays out of harm's way most of the time and rarely draws extra aggro. I have all rank7 enchants/runes on her, and decent gear all bolstering Pwr/Crit/ArmPen. (Only defensive stats added, are HP)

I often turn to fight the remainder of mobs to find that she has already neatly dispatched them. My opinion is that she is a very good non-augment pet to have, and I always have her summoned when I am soloing, instead of my stone. (Renegade Illusionist is pretty awesome, too. Mystagogue is a death-magnet, though. XD)
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Probably pointless to say.. but I ranked this companion to blue, and plan to go purple. She is pretty awesome, stays out of harm's way most of the time and rarely draws extra aggro. I have all rank7 enchants/runes on her, and decent gear all bolstering Pwr/Crit/ArmPen. (Only defensive stats added, are HP)

I often turn to fight the remainder of mobs to find that she has already neatly dispatched them. My opinion is that she is a very good non-augment pet to have, and I always have her summoned when I am soloing, instead of my stone. (Renegade Illusionist is pretty awesome, too. Mystagogue is a death-magnet, though. XD)

What's her active bonus at blue quality?
    edited May 2014
    +105Pwr/+105Rec
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
  • vaultfairyvaultfairy Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Like others have said she is pretty **** good for staying out of red zones. After leveling up some of my purples she will definitely be next.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For Feywild or Dread Ring, a green companion is doable, but in IWD, I've had to switch to blue companions or better, (or augments). TBH, I found the Renegade Illusionist to be one of the better ranged companions. I took part in the 500 Zen promo, and with no new items in the Zen store, and no weekly sales, my interest in buying Zen has dropped greatly...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited May 2014
    +105Pwr/+105Rec

Nice, just transferrred some zen. Hopefully I won't have to wait 7 days to get her, not unlocked yet.
  • inefariousinefarious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I actually got this email during the event for the first time box, transfer 1000zen or more. I transferred the Zen but I still don't have her and she isn't showing at the claims npc.
    edited May 2014
    I wish I'd get it on my other account.. I'd do it in a heartbeat. And yeah, the Renegade Illusionist is a Baaaad Dude. =D He actually does pretty noticeable damage. And since he uses the projected image attack, (whatever it's called..) he doesn't get hit so much. He will probably get ranked up too.
  • kuskusgilakuskusgila Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2014
    inefarious wrote: »
    I actually got this email during the event for the first time box, transfer 1000zen or more. I transferred the Zen but I still don't have her and she isn't showing at the claims npc.
    The fine print on the promo stated:
    "Your Storm Rider will be delivered directly to your account within 48 hours after this offer expires. It may be claimed on all characters on your account from the Reward Claims Agent in Protector's Enclave."
    edited May 2014
    Weird this is handled so differently from the first time buyer reward, that one was awarded instantly for me. Same thing too, transferring zen, wonder why they make us wait a week this time...
    edited May 2014
    nevawinna wrote: »
    Weird this is handled so differently from the first time buyer reward, that one was awarded instantly for me. Same thing too, transferring zen, wonder why they make us wait a week this time...

They handle different promotions in different ways; There was one some time ago that granted a green augment companion - that one also had you wait until after the promotion ended. I got my first time buyer pack within only a few hours of transferring in the Zen...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    edited May 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    They handle different promotions in different ways; There was one some time ago that granted a green augment companion - that one also had you wait until after the promotion ended. I got my first time buyer pack within only a few hours of transferring in the Zen...

What was it called? Thought the only augment companions were cats and stones.
    edited May 2014
    nevawinna wrote: »
    What was it called? Thought the only augment companions were cats and stones.

It was a stone - Stone of Radiance or somesuch.
  • zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It was an Ioun Stone of Radiance I believe. I missed out on that one. I'm kind of wishing I'd taken advantage of it. Maybe it will pop up again--or a different account wide augment. :)
    edited May 2014
    Ioun Stone of Radiance. The one that was behind all the chaos last month or the month before. Another one which would have convinced me to transfer some zen, if they had offered it to me. (Which I will never, ever do again, unless there is a very enticing promotion that I can take part in.) (I've bought cars for less than I've spent on Zen. hahaha!)
    edited May 2014
    Totally missed that one. I am surprised that some of these promotions seem to go by completely unadvertised on the website and forum, making them easy to miss. Like this strm rider one. Same with giveaways and external stuff like magazine exclusive codes.
  • berserkrage99berserkrage99 Member Posts: 103
    edited May 2014

Is this promotion available to everyone? Because I didn't get any advertisement or email about this. :(

Can someone clarify if we transfer 1000 ZEN into Neverwinter - will we get the storm rider companion (account-wide), even if we didn't get a notice about the promotion in our email?
    edited May 2014
    The first stormrider one was advertised big time.. in a news post on the forum.. you couldn't log into the game without seeing a link to it. The others, the Radiance stone and such.. were super secret invitation only promos based on some unknown criteria.. I think the consensus was that it went to people who bought only a little zen, as incentive to buy more zen. I guess they figured some are buying zen anyway, and others won't buy zen at all, I dunno. Maybe the bits and bytes that make up these pets are really rare and expensive. hahaa

If you don't see an advert, or get an email about a promo, I don't recommend transferring zen in hopes that you might qualify. Chances are you won't.

Here is a link to the original post about the storm rider..

Charge-Rewards
This discussion has been closed.