test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Allow us to buy more bag slots.

tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Because 4 greater bags + the initial bag isn't enough and I don't want to have to go back to PE to send a receive stuff from my bank/mail/alts.
RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
Post edited by tang56 on

Comments

• Options
    ignikadrakeignikadrake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I approve.
    Kallen|TR
    EoA
  • Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Because tang & I need space for our 15+ mounts.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Put equip-able items into your Bank shared slots.

When equipping (example: enchanting an item) from the mini-item menu on character sheet - items in your Bank Shared Slots will be available for selection. This saves you inventory bag space. For example: enchantments, armor parts, etc.
  • Options
    fuacccreation1fuacccreation1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can't agree, i have 4 lvl 60 chars and on each im only using the 3 standard bags, and never had bigger issues with not having enough room. I'm not the person to judge/restrict ppls choices, so if you want more bags, thats fine, but maybe you can get rid of some stuff that you don't need any more. GL with your request : )
  • Options
    kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    wow a forum that not allow gif
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Im surprised they haven't released a purple quality bag yet...
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Approved by me. And we need an inventory tab for mounts also.
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes please! I've maxed out bags and guild slots long, long ago need MOAR!!
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zokir wrote: »
    Because tang & I need space for our 15+ mounts.

Mounts should be slottible skills (like almost every other popular mmo) rather than items put in slots. its beyond me why they went with this highly outdated idea. They would sell more mounts.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Most likely they will in the future have bigger bags for sale.

This way you can pay a second time to fill those bag slots and get more space.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree that Mounts need their own tab, just like companions, with extra slots costing the same. If you want more Bag slots free, buy more Bank slots and transfer excess to the Bank.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    . . . I would love a mount bag or some types of mount system (mount skills page, for example). Some of my characters carry several mounts and all my 60's carry a slow mount for when I party with players who don't have the fastest of mounts. I'm also a collector and the lack of a place to hold my mounts on my character has deterred me from acquiring more mounts.
  • Options
    capkokocapkoko Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would like to be able to make our own bags with materials of the game like the bag of holes. Lets say 20 bag of holes and some other stuff to get one normal bag with 12 slots or maybe something to make the bags blue or epic with some special task. That would be good.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Agreed on the mount tab. I pretty much quit caring about mount collection a long time ago because it's not worth the bag space and I don't want to have to discard/reclaim just to switch. All of my chars have access to three purple mounts (Guardian, Feywild and armored Warg) several have mounts from events and my main has a Nightmare. At this point, it really doesn't matter how cool a mount they release, I'm going to leave it alone.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Still cant understand how a rpg can lack a bag and storage system. Zero weight, unitary volume (one bag slot no matter what the item is). Carrying seweral mounts, whole wardrobe or two, various potions for full village and oddments from all the faerun while effortlessly beating everything around.

Stables for mounts, inn/zoo for companions, bank for currency and some kind of storage for items (ok let be it the bank). It could be a vagon accessible at entry point of each map (not lair/dungeon; only at start of the instances as are accessible on the overworld map - camp in dread ring as an example). Then the bags would be only the initial and those from quests, additional bags would increase the vagon storage. Make ur decision of what ull need in the lair/dungeon, same as u have to decide what to hang on the belt (quickslots). Or whatever.

Bah thats the weather am overheated, thinking about things which will never happen in flat third person shooter. Its already a simple table with additional rows u can pay for, not a bag u have to manage, not a rpg where u should think about what ull need on ur next journey...
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . I would love a mount bag or some types of mount system (mount skills page, for example). Some of my characters carry several mounts and all my 60's carry a slow mount for when I party with players who don't have the fastest of mounts. I'm also a collector and the lack of a place to hold my mounts on my character has deterred me from acquiring more mounts.

Agreed to all of this.

I buy a lot of stuff, but for me mounts are easy because they're account-bound. I'm running out of stuff to buy (no more Companions for me, I have way more than I can use, even with 14 character slots). But I have a lot of fun switching-out mounts all the time, and there are more I'd like to get (I don't have any big cats, yet, for example - willing to buy.).

But until there is a better inventory solution for them... Ummm, no.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i also agreed, it is ashame by Cryptic to restricted with bags, and only got "shared slots" for bank, and that was it, have they realized how many items they added with IWD's potions and quest items often filled up so fast, and forced the risk of fresh spawns while in middle of vendorizing some loots or in process of consuming them for refinings in a hurry.

what we really need, as other said and let me add too.
    1. make quest item as journal update, non-physical item upon pick ups (as requested by players)
    2. mount tab (as requested by other players)
    3. new tab for "Dress-up" appearances
    4. specail "storage" box for bank vault for festival items (masks, costumes, and festival foods or potions).
    5. make pets in new tab, and expand companions idle inventory, and allow them to retain jeweleries, dont under stand why they get popped out when going idle mode, my pack are limited.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    maegmaag wrote: »
    Still cant understand how a rpg can lack a bag and storage system. Zero weight, unitary volume (one bag slot no matter what the item is). Carrying seweral mounts, whole wardrobe or two, various potions for full village and oddments from all the faerun while effortlessly beating everything around.

Stables for mounts, inn/zoo for companions, bank for currency and some kind of storage for items (ok let be it the bank). It could be a vagon accessible at entry point of each map (not lair/dungeon; only at start of the instances as are accessible on the overworld map - camp in dread ring as an example). Then the bags would be only the initial and those from quests, additional bags would increase the vagon storage. Make ur decision of what ull need in the lair/dungeon, same as u have to decide what to hang on the belt (quickslots). Or whatever.

Bah thats the weather am overheated, thinking about things which will never happen in flat third person shooter. Its already a simple table with additional rows u can pay for, not a bag u have to manage, not a rpg where u should think about what ull need on ur next journey...

The bags (in particular bags of holding) are extra dimentional spaces that can indeed hold all that you describe. maybe this isn't clear to those that havnt played real D&D.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Agreed.

Another solution may be upgrading bags through Tailoring.
  • Options
    mestremaxmestremax Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2014
    20131018141529_55713.png

I posted this picture because it is the inventory system I found most useful for players.

The icons below the name "Backpack", bag and gray icons are used to display the items attached thereto by their categories such as: All, Weapons, Armor, Potions, etc. ..

The item shaped padlock serves to add another row of inventory slots, the price is at the discretion of the company, the game image to two options, one in gold another in real values.

ArcheAge also has a similar system with the image and I found the price very cheap to add slots, costs coins you can own the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    just a note, dont let me interrupt, i could use double the bag space as well in the end;
    thesensai wrote: »
    The bags (in particular bags of holding) are extra dimentional spaces that can indeed hold all that you describe. maybe this isn't clear to those that havnt played real D&D.

A partial oversight on my side yet, as a real dnd goes, i am quite aware of and know what bag of holding is. If it contains more than ordinary backpack, retrieving the item takes whole round (in our case, long interaction). If a living creature is put into it, twill suffocate (most of the mounts and currently not bound companions). Also we put swords or daggers into it without worrying that the bag will be pierced and its content lost (and we have got overflow bag on top of that). I guess all of it is managed by another magic. As well as the bags weights and their weight limits.

Even that i did not want to run into any kind of discusion like this i merely try to point out that no matter how called it is, its still the same "inventory", behaving the same as the backpack in which u can put whatever u want, even binding a key to use an item from a bag instanteously. And so on...

Anyway nvm me, we can have thousands rows items table for what i care. Its easy enough to implement (and who cares bout any kind of mechanics). Just the databases will run slower and slower. Any kind of bag/storage mechanics would kill two flies in one hit: another rpg element and more storage/bag space without huge impact on servers.
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    i like that tailor the bag idea for adding slots.

hmm, concern about "server performance" regarding latency with data streamings, so here one of the original idea, create a new zone just for "Warehouse" instanced zones" to reduce lag.
    we havent seen Neverwinter's other Dockyard (not that blacklake dock), unless landscape rip up and made Neverwinter as part of cliff-like and original dock were destroyed.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    Because 4 greater bags + the initial bag isn't enough and I don't want to have to go back to PE to send a receive stuff from my bank/mail/alts.

What the hell do you people keep in your backpacks? I'm still fine with the basic 3 "free" packs, I got an extra one for my main with the "hunter ranger pack" and it seemed like "what I am supposed to put in here?"... O.o
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    wylonus wrote: »
    i like that tailor the bag idea for adding slots.

hmm, concern about "server performance" regarding latency with data streamings, so here one of the original idea, create a new zone just for "Warehouse" instanced zones" to reduce lag.
    we havent seen Neverwinter's other Dockyard (not that blacklake dock), unless landscape rip up and made Neverwinter as part of cliff-like and original dock were destroyed.

Bags of holding are magic items. I you upgrade a magic item it takes magic. add enchantment slots. upgraded enchantments on them add more slots?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    What the hell do you people keep in your backpacks? I'm still fine with the basic 3 "free" packs, I got an extra one for my main with the "hunter ranger pack" and it seemed like "what I am supposed to put in here?"... O.o

Ha right, u dont need more bag space until u dont have more bag space. Sadly we r actually forced to have more items. Extra set for pvp as an example.

As for the mounts or anything/everything collectors, backpack is not the right place. Thinking of it some kind of housing is not that unreal/unimplementable (account-wide). Imagine how many instances must be running at the same time anyway. Well thats the QoS and devs decision. In the end, u dont store the objects as a whole but references to them (and storage is no more a problem IT-wise for years).
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I have one bag full of dye packs(I have at least a stack of nearly every dye pack in the game), one bag contains mounts and fashion gear, one contains spare gear sets, one contains various potions, node kits, elixirs, injury kits and misc fun things(cloak of lesser etherealness, fireworks, unstable potions, teleport scrolls, etc), another contains buff foods and spare enchants/marks/artifacts and finally I have half a bag left over for anything I might pick up in questing.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    ignikadrakeignikadrake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Need more bag space to hold more bags as well.
    Kallen|TR
    EoA
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Mod 4 is coming in few months, "Tyrants of Dragons", they will lot more new enchantments, newer potions, and newer armor sets.
    so, think about it, these get bags filled up fast.
    some players are "collectors", and all that mounts and companions.

reason why, it is better to have different instanced zones that handle many data, and PE is not the place, it get laggy often, by creating "Neverwinter Dockyard" as new district made for vaults or warehouse to reduce lags, or buy a zone for storage.

adding more bags for character isnt good idea, since that character will have more data stress, with many players in same zone with larger packages will create massive stress as we all seen in Icewind Pass and Dwarven Valleys with epic encounters.
    so that we need to move items for enchantments and and potions that we need to save for next major dungeon runs.
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have blue bags for all available slots on the 8 charaters I play. I have all the Guild bank slots unlocked and use them all (just for me I'm a one man guild at the moment as all of the other 50+ members rage quit in droves awhile back and moved to rift and D3). I have also spent about $300 on character bank and shared bank slots and everything is pretty full all the time forcing me to buy more of the character and bank slots going forward (which are expensive in comparison to every other "space" alternative like bags and guild tabs but those are all used up sadly. The other issue I have is the proffession "asset" and "item" tabs are always filling up and I can't store that stuff anywhere as you can't put those items in the bank... Please give us more space or give us more "bank" space for the money the shared $7 US for 8 slots is nuts (althought I did buy 4-5 out of desperation I wasn't thrilled about it)