test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you lagging in the dungeons?

lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi,

If you are lagging with a huge bunch of mobs, this is the solution:

Go to options/Graphics then look for Max Physics Debrys Objects which would be in 300, move the slider to 0 and it will solve this problem, I was unable to play properly until I did this even though I'm always playing NWO in max settings, it was weird that I started to lag then I knew there was something wrong in the graphics configuration.

I don't know if someone else figured it out before me and posted it in the forum but it's better to be sure about it.
fkze9t.jpg
▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
Post edited by lazaroth666 on

Comments

• ghosthitwallghosthitwall Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thx for the info
    I wasn't lagging crazy, but once I turned it to 200, things went back to usual
    Just wondering how Max Physics Debrys Objects works in game?
    Is that the max number of objects loaded near by you?
  • metanoia2125metanoia2125 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I lag mostly when I'm around many others. Or when a lot of visual things are happening all at once. (should prolly adjust my settings)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    I have this maxed and haven't had an issue. Next time I play, I'll lower it to see if there is a performance increase I'm just not aware is being taxed. Thanks!
  • captainrubber1captainrubber1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you have an nvidia geforce gtx card try this; http://www.techpowerup.com/200871/nvidia-releases-geforce-337-81-beta-drivers.html

new driver released today; 337.81 - fixed it for me ^^
  • pharoazarpharoazar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the tips. I died twice in the final Lair in Pirates Skyhold today because of atrocious lag.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Of course there is lag, also my all time Cryptic favorite dish - the Rubber. Once upon a time in a MMO far far away and long gone (City of Heroes ) we used to lag all over the place but it was my first mmo so i had no idea what lag is lol. Some years and 2 Cryptic games later I know! The simple yet terrible secret :P , whenever Cryptic releases new content they brake the existing one, then rush to fix it hah. To think some planning + testing beforehand would save their recourses and our frustration. Oh well I love the guys anyway, Im still here after all :D
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you have an nvidia geforce gtx card try this; http://www.techpowerup.com/200871/nvidia-releases-geforce-337-81-beta-drivers.html

new driver released today; 337.81 - fixed it for me ^^

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this but it did not fix the issue for me. I did an SP earlier and whenever near the plague fire graphics I would lag terribly. It could be one mob and the plague fire and I lag but 40 mobs away and no lag at all. Also a CW entered the group and cast some spell with a similar graphic and it would lag me (again CW + 1 mob and this spell and I lag, but 50 mobs and I don't).

I have a high end gaming system and have never had any problems prior to module 3 so it has something to do with an alteration in it.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    Of course there is lag, also my all time Cryptic favorite dish - the Rubber. Once upon a time in a MMO far far away and long gone (City of Heroes ) we used to lag all over the place but it was my first mmo so i had no idea what lag is lol. Some years and 2 Cryptic games later I know! The simple yet terrible secret :P , whenever Cryptic releases new content they brake the existing one, then rush to fix it hah. To think some planning + testing beforehand would save their recourses and our frustration. Oh well I love the guys anyway, Im still here after all :D

All games fall prey to lag and rubber-banding sooner or later, especially under heavy server load like the release of a new content module. And it isn't just Cryptic: SWTOR had some phenomenal lag at start up and for several days after every major content release, some of CoH's most stupdenous lag happened when NCSoft/Paragon Studios was running the show.

By this time next week the worst of it should have settled down.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A lot of people told me that this have fixed their problem with the lag in the dungeons when there are many, many mobs around. Any mod can edit the title and add the words "fix" or "solution" please? Thanks.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
  • virtualcrackvirtualcrack Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    MC is the worst of all....
    how the hell do they expect player to even play with chabby servers like MC
    i mean realllll bad
  • unholydragonkingunholydragonking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this but it did not fix the issue for me. I did an SP earlier and whenever near the plague fire graphics I would lag terribly. It could be one mob and the plague fire and I lag but 40 mobs away and no lag at all. Also a CW entered the group and cast some spell with a similar graphic and it would lag me (again CW + 1 mob and this spell and I lag, but 50 mobs and I don't).

I have a high end gaming system and have never had any problems prior to module 3 so it has something to do with an alteration in it.

I've been having very similar problems to yours, although I've not tried SP since Mod 3 was released, any time I'm in FH (Which is the worst of them all for me so far) my frame rate drops like the Hindenburg... If we have even a single CW in squad the problem multiplies to the point where I can barely move at all or do anything. If I move away from the group my frame rate will sometimes go back to normal, but as soon as I get close to the squad again, it returns to being absolute <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I had no problems running any dungeons prior to the mod 3 release and I'm finding it very frustrating that I'm having to constantly fiddle with my graphics when I go into a dungeon now.
  • silent7thsilent7th Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I tried searching forever to find a way to explain what I'm experiencing with my CW and found this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwDkbG7rguk which is essentially the same.

I already went and changed my graphics settings so they're all minimized and I'm still getting tossed around in all directions like a rag doll. Even when I'm not moving. I haven't even considered trying a dungeon since I'm already at this point just walking down random hills. Hoping someone might have other ideas for how to help. I can barely even get to npc's let alone actually kill anything.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've been having very similar problems to yours, although I've not tried SP since Mod 3 was released, any time I'm in FH (Which is the worst of them all for me so far) my frame rate drops like the Hindenburg... If we have even a single CW in squad the problem multiplies to the point where I can barely move at all or do anything. If I move away from the group my frame rate will sometimes go back to normal, but as soon as I get close to the squad again, it returns to being absolute <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I had no problems running any dungeons prior to the mod 3 release and I'm finding it very frustrating that I'm having to constantly fiddle with my graphics when I go into a dungeon now.

He's talking about what someone else posted before regarding a new driver released for Nvidia video cards, I had the same problem than you and I solved it by moving Max Physics debris to 0 now I'm playing a full graphics as usually without lag.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I may have to try this. Did PK and had massive frame lag any time a lot was going on with mobs, especially with a CW in the group. Just updated graphics drivers (I was an entire version behind!), so hopefully that will help. If not, I'll try that adjustment :)