test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First Time Buyer's Pack [Issue]

dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Greetings!

I'm going to report something quite serious this time around.

The issue is that along with my friend I've decided to participate in First Time Buyer Pack promotion. Each of us to clear the requirements did buy and transfer 1100 Zen (9.99EU) into the game. Problem is:

Although Zen was transferred into our accounts almost immediately - we did not receive the pack.

To clear things:

The Zen was not transferred with use of Steam Wallet.

It was our 1st time ever purchase.

Both of us tried talking to reward items vendor but the pack is whole gray and with description that 'It'll be sent as soon as the 500 Zen will be transferred'.

It is my first time issue with the game event as all till now for a whole year went smooth(like promotion codes and such ).

I tried to submit a request GM help ticket but: at first I could not do it at all since 'time out' error was occurring, and later once I submitted one and 'successful submission' info prompted I tried to check whether it is on my 'ticket list and.. it wasn't.

PLEASE HELP! And thanks in advance for any help or info available, in my and my friend's name.
"You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
"I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
Post edited by dandare#8529 on

Comments

• cyberranger71cyberranger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    d21e4 wrote: »
    Greetings!

I'm going to report something quite serious this time around.

The issue is that along with my friend I've decided to participate in First Time Buyer Pack promotion. Each of us to clear the requirements did buy and transfer 1100 Zen (9.99EU) into the game. Problem is:

Although Zen was transferred into our accounts almost immediately - we did not receive the pack.

To clear things:

The Zen was not transferred with use of Steam Wallet.

It was our 1st time ever purchase.

Both of us tried talking to reward items vendor but the pack is whole gray and with description that 'It'll be sent as soon as the 500 Zen will be transferred'.

It is my first time issue with the game event as all till now for a whole year went smooth(like promotion codes and such ).

I tried to submit a request GM help ticket but: at first I could not do it at all since 'time out' error was occurring, and later once I submitted one and 'successful submission' info prompted I tried to check whether it is on my 'ticket list and.. it wasn't.

PLEASE HELP! And thanks in advance for any help or info available, in my and my friend's name.

Yeah I never got mine either. Been a day and i put in over 500 ZEN two times. Yet I got nothing for it.
  • dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Greetings!

The Pack got sent about 9-10 hours after purchase and I claimed it today. It seems that the pack arrives with some certain delay after Zen transfer (in my case it was about 12 hours) so if someone did not receive it 'immediately' along with the Zen - No worries. It's probably 'on way' and will arrive later.

Anyway: for me, problem resolved.

Relieved ~Angry Neko Elf
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • theandyisonetheandyisone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well in my case its been over 12 hours and I got nothing yet, so I would like to know what is going on with that.
  • justsyndrajustsyndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • thedarkmagicz101thedarkmagicz101 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well in my case its been over 12 hours and I got nothing yet, so I would like to know what is going on with that.
    Ok, I bought my zen day one of this event. The thing is I got my zen using Steam and now I find out through an admin that Steam purchases do not count for the pack. Maybe that is also your problem. I would be fine with this except there was nothing saying that Steam purchases does not count. I understand that they aren't allowed to count according to the rules, but that should be made clear when during the promotion. I am upset about this because I really wanted to make another character.

dczrib.jpg
    No mention of Steam needed.

I think they should find a way to give the pack to Steam users since it was not made clear in the description for the promotion. Its not like they are losing anything by giving the pack to the Steam users who bought it. I don't think it would be too hard to find out either, though I am not sure how their systems are set up. I am afraid that there will be many angry players who did not receive this pack because of the same issue I had. Many of them may even quit. It's like having a sign up at a store saying "free candy with purchase" and then telling the custom that its only when they purchase with cash after the transaction already went through on their card.

If you are a GM reading this post please make this right.
  • theandyisonetheandyisone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would have considered that as my issue, however I bought the zen straight from the site using Arc.
  • skylher12skylher12 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    its been two days for me, and the crappy thing is me and my husband purchased zen and transferred it about 15 minutes apart, and he got his pack within 3 hours, i still have not received mine at all....
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They promise that you'll receive it *within* 72 hours after it is transferred to (or purchased directly in) Neverwinter. I purchased a lot more than 500 Zen since the promotion went live (the first transfer was about 5PM on Tuesday). So my 72 hour window is about 5PM today.

I've never had anything with this (within 72 hours) caveat ever take that long. So we'll see what happens.

I figure if it doesn't arrive by tomorrow morning, I'll throw-in a ticket and include all my receipts with it. -harumph!- (Though my personal experience with Customer Support has always been excellent).

-shrugs-
  • nirraddrappehsnirraddrappehs Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    yeah at 9:30pm tonight will have been 72 hrs I have checked every characters mail and nothing so far as well odd bug after invoking with some of my toons there mail indicator was flashing like they had mail but mail was empty?
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I got mine the morning after I added 1000 z to Neverwinter. I hope you got yours too.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm still waiting. Now over 24 hrs, and the sticky said it should be working correctly. I bought and moved 4000 zen in yesterday morning. Guess I'll go check again :/
  • telaesthesiatelaesthesia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've charged Zen to my account a couple of different ways. The payments haven't cleared. I can't even USE my fricking steam wallet for some reason. Nor can I transfer anything into Neverwinter. This is insane.

What the hell, PWI? What the frick, Arc? I installed your terrible client, too. Still no-go. Thanks for hanging steam users out to dry, I guess.

Just hand everything over to Valve, god knows they're actually competent at this. Horrible.
  • calicotigercalicotiger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's been over 72 hours for me :-/
  • kaleemankaleeman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i bought the zen on may 13th and today may 16 im still waiting for my first time purchase pack
  • kargoolkargool Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    skylher12 wrote: »
    its been two days for me, and the crappy thing is me and my husband purchased zen and transferred it about 15 minutes apart, and he got his pack within 3 hours, i still have not received mine at all....
    I have the same problem as you, only that my wife got the pack and I havent, and its now been over 72 hours!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Folks, you need to contact Support to resolve Billing and Account issues. We cannot provide such support on the forums. I do apologize but there really is nothing the forum staff can do for Account & Billing issues.
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . Folks, if you transferred (not just purchased, but transferred) 500+ Zen into Neverwinter after Tue 13 May 2014 10:00:00 AM PDT* AND it's been 72 hours since the time you transferred the appropriate amount of Zen AND you still haven't gotten your First Time Buyer's pack, please file a Support Ticket. We cannot use forum posts as Support Tickets to assist you. You must go through Support.

. . . If you purchased it at the earliest possible time to qualify, 72 hours would have been 10:00am PDT this morning (5/16/2014).

. . . *Note, this time is going by when the News Article was posted, rounded up. The actual time was approximately 30-45 minutes earlier.

zebular wrote: »
    . . . Reply kindly to your ticket and simply ask them, "Is there any progress on getting my First Time Buyer's Pack?" Keep your ticket active until you get it. Even if that means just replying with, "Replying to keep my ticket open as this is not yet resolved." every two days. Tickets responded to by Support will automatically close after 96 hours (4 days), the timer is reset when the system receives a reply from the player or one made by Support. If your ticket is closed, replying to it will re-open it or you can file another one and reference your original ticket number(s) there-in.
This discussion has been closed.