test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP and Pugs

2»

Comments

• gwassalorgwassalor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
    edited May 2014
    Well, it's about how to reliably identify AFKers and strip all the rewards from them. If there's no reward, they won't queue. You can't just monitor keyboard input, coz AFKers will implement bots to run around map for them to fake their activity. Star Trek Online (the same developer as NW in case you do not know) has implemented AFK detection following way - you have to achieve certain minimum DPS in game. It is supposed to be so low that even low gear people, healers and other supportive roles can easily achieve it, but still the campers or bots running around without targeting anyone won't achieve it. Consequently they won't get any reward and get leaver penalty for queueing next time. I think this could work.

That does not solve the "premade train running over pug" thing though. It happens to me a lot as I only pug. So there should be possibility for the team members to vote that they pass the match. When whole team would agree to pass, then they'd not get any rewards, but neither they'd get leaver penalty.