test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP and Pugs

unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
Dev's please strip out the AD Reward for running PVP, there are more pugs in PVP that have sub 8K GS that just sit in spawn to get the credit for the match. There is no GS matching nothing, and the leavers penalty does nothing to phase people.

I think if you removed the AD reward and just gave glory, it would eliminate the PVP group that doesn't really belong and just wants the quick AD.
Post edited by unrealized1977 on

Comments

• Options
    sihvebisihvebi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How about a way to eject those who are afk instead of penalizing those who aren't abusing the system. Its the process used in other PvP arenas/over world games. No reason NW should be the only game that penalizes everybody for the actions of a few bad apples. I wish this "baby with the bath water" mentality wasn't so common. :P
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.
  • Options
    izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited May 2014
    Dev's please strip out the AD Reward for running PVP, there are more pugs in PVP that have sub 8K GS that just sit in spawn to get the credit for the match. There is no GS matching nothing, and the leavers penalty does nothing to phase people.

I think if you removed the AD reward and just gave glory, it would eliminate the PVP group that doesn't really belong and just wants the quick AD.

So because a few afk for 4k AD everyone else should be penalized? You for real?
  • Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I'd suggest the disconnecter / leaver / AFKer / campsite bencher to have a more severe punishment. It is so because clearly 30 mins queu penalty isnt severe enough.. most of those people got a few toons to switch.

What I wanna ask is, are those 30 mins queu penalty keep on being deducted even when the char is offline?
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Does it really make a difference where the 6k GS guy goes? If he's at the campfire or in battle?
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The leaver penalty as-is is already a pain. The other day I was running GG and got the PVP que. Dive into my match and we are up by about 350. I hear a knock on the door and go around. The neighbor's kid wants to mow my lawn for a little cash. We figure out a rate and I go back to my ofice and kicked for AFK at campfire. Penalty means no DK for me either. If someone is actually gaming it for AD they can just run out and die every minute or so. It does not even take an injury kit. Mostly, I think, people who don't normally PVP are going for the seal of victory which requires an actual win. At least that is why my non-PVP toons do it. The camp sitters are people who figure it will end sooner (prompting a new match) if they do not cap.
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    This pretty much describes why separate q's and a ranking system are needed. One q for pugs who just want their ad and another q for competitors who want to rank up.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It is another daily, everybody is allowed to participate, it is a way to farm for everybody and it is part of the way to farm the first PvP gear. I had groups of low geared players too but I started also with low gear, it is just bad luck.
    So, this thread is ridiculous for me, as I do not see any reason to force players to firstly buy them better gear and then start to farm for PvP gear and Astral Diamonds.
    godhric wrote: »
    I'd suggest the disconnecter / leaver / AFKer / campsite bencher to have a more severe punishment. It is so because clearly 30 mins queu penalty isnt severe enough.. most of those people got a few toons to switch.

What I wanna ask is, are those 30 mins queu penalty keep on being deducted even when the char is offline?

Really? I got a DC last time in a Domination due to our old cables in our part of the city and you cry for such penalties? It does not sound reasonable to punish players to death just because of choleric feelings during PvP (as some PvP players seem to have).
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    aethanas wrote: »
    So, this thread is ridiculous for me, as I do not see any reason to force players to firstly buy them better gear and then start to farm for PvP gear and Astral Diamonds.

I think for queue to pvp one should have a minimum tenacity score at lvl 60. Yesterday i;ve encounter a CW with 44 green items that was *****ing that we dont do enough to win a game... i told him to check the ah for cheap 60 blues at least (they are around 100 ad), several hours later i;ve seen him again with the same greens.

I dont want to be in the same team with such people... i cant kick him, i cant ignore him, i cant leave without punishment and he can troll all he wants.

Edit: Entry blue pvp gear should be free tbh at lvl 60, full set. Also one shouldnt be able to buy profound without a grim version, i;ve encounter alot of people doing that (no point in telling how good their performance is). Mind that a full grim u can get in less than 1 week with casual gameplay (1 h per day).
  • Options
    tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    2 Queues,
    but you have to pay 300k AD to change form league A (A for Action) to league B (B for Berserker).
    Everyone starts in league A.
    Switching from B to A also costs 300k AD.

Same rewards on both queues.

Changing queue should only be allowed once a month.

Action, Berserker 'cause I don't want to name them "apprentice" and "better".
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Better them than a 20k GWF insta-stomping me.
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ortzhy wrote: »
    I think for queue to pvp one should have a minimum tenacity score at lvl 60. Yesterday i;ve encounter a CW with 44 green items that was *****ing that we dont do enough to win a game... i told him to check the ah for cheap 60 blues at least (they are around 100 ad), several hours later i;ve seen him again with the same greens.

I dont want to be in the same team with such people... i cant kick him, i cant ignore him, i cant leave without punishment and he can troll all he wants.

Edit: Entry blue pvp gear should be free tbh at lvl 60, full set. Also one shouldnt be able to buy profound without a grim version, i;ve encounter alot of people doing that (no point in telling how good their performance is). Mind that a full grim u can get in less than 1 week with casual gameplay (1 h per day).

If there were some entry PvP equip the point of an minimum requirement were another story, but right now I do not see any sort of requirements justified. But in the end noone is able to prevent people from trolling around at the moment. I can only hope that the developers find ways to help with them someday.
  • Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Not that much people care PVP enough to get good at it.

The people who are good or care PVP usually queue as 5. So for the rest of the crowd you end up with 4 scrub teammates fighting either 5 scrubs enemy or 5 pro PVP player, it is not a fun experience either way imo.

They need to introduce ranking system. OH WAIT! They already did, but how......

Oh well, PVP is actually dead in this game for the majority I would say.
  • Options
    pantheist84pantheist84 Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2014
    pvp is far from dead in fact most people love the concept but it's split down the middle because of the way it has been run due to afks,greifers,rage quitters and unbalanced gear score blow outs. personally i think if it was no longer a daily for ad it would flush out the unwanted players and create a more competitive atmosphere which could hopefully lead to LIVE in game spectating one day. I think the rank system will help out also because if ppl don't want a terrible stat/rank for pvp they will be less likely to screw around in there or just not even pvp at all.
  • Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    pvp is far from dead in fact most people love the concept but it's split down the middle because of the way it has been run due to afks,greifers,rage quitters and unbalanced gear score blow outs. personally i think if it was no longer a daily for ad it would flush out the unwanted players and create a more competitive atmosphere which could hopefully lead to LIVE in game spectating one day. I think the rank system will help out also because if ppl don't want a terrible stat/rank for pvp they will be less likely to screw around in there or just not even pvp at all.

The PVP in this game is not competitive for 99% of the player base.

A. You are not BIS.

B. You don't always have a legit comp or your enemy won't.

C. Class imbalance.

D. You can't guarantee the skill level from both team are on the same standing.

There are 1% players who gets to truly enjoy PVP, that is about it.
  • Options
    pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Also means that people will be out to improve their personal score vs doing what needs to be done for team.
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What's with all these threads like this these days. Can't people just play the game and accept that it is a person playing each character. Every class can be played well so I wouldn't call it class imbalance more so imbalance within each class. I think there are much more than 1% of people who play the game who enjoy PvP, I enjoy the PvP in this game loads more than the PvE.

It is not a good idea to remove rewards like this from PvP, every PvP in games needs to have all sorts of people. If you limit it to a certain amount of people the PvP quickly gets boring and very predictable not to mention you'll end up seeing the same 5 guys against you every time.

It's almost as if people are totally oblivious to the changes coming in a few hours when the game goes back up. The worst thread was the one saying the devs don't do any PvP stuff anymore. -_-

Also the problem they have if they did add a gear score based system is that they couldn't make it an obvious divide. If they do make it "anything above 10k" then people could easily make the best perfect vorpal'd GWF with 9.9k GS and just troll that PvP up big time. Too be honest they could do with having a system that makes it slightly more likely to get pared up with people with similar gear score and then allow the gear score to be affected with your wins like the current system is supposed to apparently do.
  • Options
    godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    aethanas wrote: »

Really? I got a DC last time in a Domination due to our old cables in our part of the city and you cry for such penalties? It does not sound reasonable to punish players to death just because of choleric feelings during PvP (as some PvP players seem to have).

I was refering to those Disconnecters that is intended as a means to switch to other toons...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    The PVP in this game is not competitive for 99% of the player base.
    A. You are not BIS.
    B. You don't always have a legit comp or your enemy won't.
    C. Class imbalance.
    D. You can't guarantee the skill level from both team are on the same standing.
    There are 1% players who gets to truly enjoy PVP, that is about it.

I have the impression that your opinion is not far from the truth.
    ortzhy wrote: »
    I think for queue to pvp one should have a minimum tenacity score at lvl 60.
    Funny thing, to get tenacity PvP gear, you have to play a lot of PvP as most items are BoP.
    As you have no tenacity you will very likely lose. As you lose you gain only very little glory, so you have to queue often.

Seems not very logical to me.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Funny thing, to get tenacity PvP gear, you have to play a lot of PvP as most items are BoP.
    As you have no tenacity you will very likely lose. As you lose you gain only very little glory, so you have to queue often.

Seems not very logical to me.

Well, try ah and search items with tenacity u;ll be surprised how cheap they are, blue items, think u can get a full set for less than 1k ad.

As i said at lvl 60 one should get a quest and get a full blue pvp set for free so we can avoid alot of grief. Also chat should be disabled apart from Party/Guild chat so we can avoid some nasty moments.
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited May 2014
    Does it really make a difference where the 6k GS guy goes? If he's at the campfire or in battle?

Actually Yes, Yes it does matter, the pug who is sitting at the campfire could potentially be taking a spot that someone who is geared could actually come in and help.

I think there should be an push option, think of it this way the CW push, if you remain idle for 15 seconds at the campfire, there should be an automatic push out of spawn into the match.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

This is exactly what I am saying, you remove the 4K reward, then PVP is there for the more serious players. The causals now have a place to go its called open world PVP.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    godhric wrote: »

To your point, the penalty should be a lot stiffer and make it account wide, I would also like to see a gear counter introduced. I have seen 1 GWF yesterday proc a soulforge, swap gear to barkshield and then back to a soulforge. Then need to deter this and put a counter on items that are swapped similar to the tymora coin etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I think there should be an push option, think of it this way the CW push, if you remain idle for 15 seconds at the campfire, there should be an automatic push out of spawn into the match.
    Don't you understand that this would change nothing at all?
    The sitter's toon would be pushed into the battlefield, stand there, eventually die. respawn at campfire. Rinse and repeat.

Where is YOUR benefit from ejecting a toon that decided a match is lost into harms way?
    or even
    Where is YOUR benefit from ejecting a toon into harms way?

I do not intend to make this look egoistic or childish of you, though it probably might to some look exactly like that.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Well how about have "ranked" and "unranked" matches?

Ranked matches count towards the leaderboard
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The causals

It's always amazed me how many ego-strokers we have on free games these days. Let's just, for a minute, forget that Neverwinter is a PvE game with some PvP content and that Perfect World is notorious for P2W games, exactly where do you get off in trying to act superior on a game with subpar PvP?

It's obvious that NW has a lot of problems with PvP and matchmaking in general. Half of the problem is the people who take it too seriously. That attitude belongs in a SSF4 tournament, not a PvE MMO with badly designed BGs.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I only PvP and do Sharandar/DR for boons etc. The AD reward for the PvP dailies is a large chunk of my measly income. Why should I do without it just because some people can't man up when faced with an undergeared team member?
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is exactly what I am saying, you remove the 4K reward, then PVP is there for the more serious players. The causals now have a place to go its called open world PVP.
    It's a GAME. People who take games 'seriously' probably need therapy.

And open world PvP is no place for the undergeared. They will last around a nanosecond.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's a GAME. People who take games 'seriously' probably need therapy.

Aren't many sports considered games?

Yeah.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

And what happens when your whole party is camping because a premade has just run train on your 5-man PUG? Pushing people into that fight and prolonging it is pointless. The sooner that kind of match ends the better for everybody.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.