What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP List of "Most OP" Rankings + HR Pros/Cons

124»

Comments

• ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    I feel more tanky when I play my CW then DC, because I can CC opponents to win some time, I can dodge more often especially with Severe Reaction, I can kite longer and I can actually kill my enemies. As a DC I don't feel tanky at all in 1vs2 situations, I die within CC rotation and I don't have any reliable CC to survive while I'm out of stamina, the only CC I have is Divine Sunburst, my Divinity runs out too quickly as my abilities are useless if used without it. So why do I play a DC if it sucks? Because I've been playing as a healer in every MMO.

Want my top 5 of PvP viable classes based on 1 year playing experience?

1. HR. The best CC - Constricting Arrow+Disruptive Shot+Boar Charge+Roots - can combine counter CC against each class in the game; the best defense - gear stats, feats, Encounters, Aspect of the Lone Wolf and 5 dodges with insane stamina regen; the best offense - Split Shot and Aimed Shot to scourge either a crowd or a single target; and the best utility - said stamina regen, Maradeur's Escape and Rush, heals, temp hp, move speed buffs, DR buffs and debuffs, zoning, stealth etc.

2. TR. Absolutely invulnerable if played right, wins almost every fight unless fights HR. They can enter the fight and go out of the fight whenever they want. They have the best PvP dailies in the game - stealth with increased damage, invulnerability for several seconds, heavy damaging undodgeable AoE that ignores all defenses, 90% damage decrease plus heavy slow that goes through CC immunities, and I Win button aka Shocking Execution. They have the highest critical and deflection chance (and 75% deflection severity). The only con of TRs - they can't both deal high damage and have unlimited stealth capabilities and it balances them a little bit.

3. GWF. They have become insanely powerful with addition of Iron Vanguard paragon path. It allowed them to constantly mark their target to deal 15% more damage, they gained unlimited gapcloser and ranged high damaging instant AoE knockdown. The mechanics of Unstoppable makes them almost immune to damage if they have enough DR and Deflection. However, after HD was introduced, they've lost their ability to outsustain their opponent. Now they don't have unlimited unbeatable self regen, and they have to deal high damage together with having high defense to win a duel. Also, knockdowns counter them hard and they can't avoid them because they don't have any kind of dodge (Mighty Leap is a waste of slot). Further nerfing will make them UP.

4. GF/CW. These classes shine in absolutely different situations.
    CW is a god if there's at least one person that supports them. If the DC heals and buffs them, if the GF protects them - they will punch everyone right in da face. But bugged ArP and some other bugs like CC making the Shard disappear, reduced CC capabilities and natural squishiness makes them barely on par.
    GF, the absolutely opposite, will shine in 1vs1 or 1vs2 situations. If a GF is played right, he will be a pain for enemy team. Chain prone combos can deal very high amounts of damage and the block is really annoying 1vs1. But, playing a GF properly takes a lot of skill and their block is absolutely useless against numerous opponents. Also, they can't dodge and break out of CC.

5. DC. Right now this class is absolutely no fun playing. I used to carry my team before HD, but now that is my team carrying me, or we lose. DC has very limited capabilities, they either run full healing powers (which heal very low now), or run full buff/debuff abilities, or damaging skills (but ArP is not working on most of their abilities) or lame CC. They have one of the most dumb CC ever. Their abilities most of the time useless without Divine mode. The only thing they can do is troll their opponent by running all healing/defensive powers with full tank build to endlessly contest a node 1vs1. There's no other option, running healing build means you will be dead in 1 encounter rotation and they are very, very dependent on their teammates.

I agree with most of that, the problem is GF is a support class now as is CW. Unlike TR /GWF /HR they can do what they want and succeed in PvP, GF / CW need a team to be successful!

I played last night on both and got some really good DC's, I must say a good DC is astronomical to the team, you may not be a DPS but never think you are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...

Heres some success i had pugging last night.

Shieldbash my GF

2014_05_04_00010.jpg

Overpowered my CW

2014_05_04_00008.jpg
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Heres some success i had pugging last night.

How is it possible that 1000-900 game that is pretty much very close would last...

... 15 minutes?

Were you people fighting on mid only while 1 and 3 were left uncontested?

Confused.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I feel your analysis has major gaps as you did not take all the paragon paths into account and just the most powerful (?) ones

For example: of the 5 pros you listed for TR, Master infiltrator would have all 5 but whisperknife only had 3 of your 5.

The list is an ok start but severely lacking :(
    edited May 2014
    How is it possible that 1000-900 game that is pretty much very close would last...

... 15 minutes?

Were you people fighting on mid only while 1 and 3 were left uncontested?

Confused.

I stayed on mid defending while they took 3 and pressured 1, There GWF kept taking the bridge over to 3 and killing our team defending it so I had to go help and they would take mid.... So yea it was a lot of work lmao.

• quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    venom0619 wrote: »
    In hopes that Cryptic actually listens/reads the forums, here is the current list of imbalance in PVP.

HR Pros:
    Massive CC (more control than a "Control" wizard)

This made me take absolutely no stock in your extremely biased polished <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    This made me take absolutely no stock in your extremely biased polished <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Sorry, but I lol'ed... this was funny :)
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    venom0619 wrote: »
    l7cqx1q.png

This is the best graph ever. Will you make all the charts for our next board meeting. Truly scientific and tells me everything I need to know. Seriously lol.

I dont think you pvp at all or did it 3 times and were salty because the HR fox shifted your head.

Where is Melody on this one.. should of been closed a long time ago. Pointless non productive thread.
    GShBCGl.jpg
    edited May 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    This is the best graph ever. Will you make all the charts for our next board meeting. Truly scientific and tells me everything I need to know. Seriously lol.

I dont think you pvp at all or did it 3 times and were salty because the HR fox shifted your head.

Where is Melody on this one.. should of been closed a long time ago. Pointless non productive thread.

Why is it pointless? Its an opinion based thread discussed by those whom click on it and choose to respond. If you don't like it, go to another thread of your choosing.

• stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why is it pointless? Its an opinion based thread discussed by those whom click on it and choose to respond. If you don't like it, go to another thread of your choosing.

I clearly stated its the best graph ever! And this thread is non productive which makes it pointless. Its 1 users whine fest going on too many pages.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    I clearly stated its the best graph ever! And this thread is non productive which makes it pointless. Its 1 users whine fest going on too many pages.

You're the one making it unproductive. A lot of individuals have generated interesting discussion on the pros/cons and strengths/weaknesses of different classes. I'd also recommend going to a different thread if you feel this is "1 users whine fest."

It will be fun to see how the classes adapt to mod 3's open world PvP, and if the rankings will change once Deep Gash, the destroyer tree, and SE are modified, and the new HR path comes out.
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    velynna wrote: »
    You're the one making it unproductive. A lot of individuals have generated interesting discussion on the pros/cons and strengths/weaknesses of different classes. I'd also recommend going to a different thread if you feel this is "1 users whine fest."

It will be fun to see how the classes adapt to mod 3's open world PvP, and if the rankings will change once Deep Gash, the destroyer tree, and SE are modified, and the new HR path comes out.

I'm kind of skeptical about pathfinder paragon path though. Seems even more support oriented. Idk. Should test it first, no?
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...