test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can I talk during a skirmish in Italian?

2»

Comments

• vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Isn't that adorable and naive when you see someone saying that the game is English/American only? I am thinking about new consumer's generation for some reason now, no offense...

While I understand that some people get mad because they think that the foreigners insult or mock at them in their natives, I despise the people that start crying with CAPS at them with the arguments related to this topic. It's okay if it's an innocent and ignorant child playing the game though, but when you learn that one is not...well...ignorance is bliss?

P.S I know allmost all insults in russian, polish and spanish (even cunning ones :P) so it's usually not problem for me to define person's intentions hehehe ^^
  • fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    As long as the talking is not in anger, hatred or frustration, which many of us can hear even when we do not speak a language, is it ok. It is then all greek for most of us anyway. Or as Italians would say questo per me è arabo/aramaico/ostrogoto ...
    Stay frosty.
  • yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I wish more people used voice.
    Most PuG groups are surrounded by stoney silence.

Is it rude to speak a language only a few understand?
    At the dinner table, absolutely.
    But this isn't the dinner table.
    It's an international MMORPG.

Does the English speaker ask if all are fluent before chatting? o/c not.

Sure, some talk too much, whatever the language.
    I was in a PvP the other day where a few were speaking loud, excited Italian the entire match.
    I'm glad they were having fun, but it got too much for me so I muted them.
    Problem solved without conflict and hard feelings.

Besides, it's just easier to let people do their thing if it isn't hurting anyone.
    Getting offended by everything is just too exhausting.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Stopping this now.

Bottom line: This is an International MMO. Only our forums here have a language requirement.
This discussion has been closed.