Options

Un-Official Feedback Thread: Devoted Cleric changes and bugs

13»

Comments

• Options
    frznvimesfrznvimes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    I heard you guys think that your cleric is underpowered so we ninja nerfed it to make your underpowered cleric even more underpowered

Isn't that just part of the righteousness tooltip change? Instead of healing our allies for 5% hp and ourselves for 60% of that much (3% hp), we heal for 3% and our allies for 170% (5.1% hp) of that amount.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    frznvimes wrote: »
    Isn't that just part of the righteousness tooltip change? Instead of healing our allies for 5% hp and ourselves for 60% of that much (3% hp), we heal for 3% and our allies for 170% (5.1% hp) of that amount.

Percentage healing is not affected by righteousness.

Even if Righteousness does affect percentage healing now, it's still a nerf, isn't it?
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Since you point this out, Anointed Army feat also reduce its healing from 5% to 3% when expired. The only 5% hp restore which do not ninja-nerfed into 3% is Healing Step. However, we also know that Healing Depression always cut it into half, which is 2.5% temp hp per Healing Step activation.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I fail to understand how is this gonna help. Let's say I and my teammates have 30k HP. Before nerf it was 1500hp for everyone, after nerf it's 1530 for my allies and 900 for me. Seems legit.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    frznvimesfrznvimes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh hey, they also nerfed Divine Advantage too. It's now 80% combat advantage damage resistance instead of immunity.
  • Options
    nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I didnt really see people using it but finnally they made it attractive to use :P
  • Options
    kassophakassopha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5
    edited May 2014
    It's an interesting class to play with a refreshing playstyle away from the other max crit/dps classes. I'm a bit down about the nerf to moon touched, I could only afford 4 points in it too. I'm guessing I could respec into Righteousness and go for the fifth tier tank damage and 30% chance heal but how would i get threat? Move into red and accept some damage and disable and pray I don't die? Perhaps after astral shield I guess, with foresight, hallowed ground and a bunch of azures. Thats the first point I'd like to make, why nerf Moontouched? was it really too good pvp? It was a daily afterall and non spammable. Surely in PvE the fifth tier heal procc'ed on damage taken is too unreliable and risky especially when you get a nerfed heal when you spec into righteousness. This leaves little option for DCs to go hybrid for PvP and PvE with one build. Surely a grave error.

2nd point I'd like to make, I'd like to take my DC to new levels and i need Doom of Prophecy to work. At the moment it has a cast time that takes an age and even if you do land it and see the animation it doesn't reward you reliably. That coupled with the targeting system in neverwinter which approximates your target, often blocked when creeps are partially obscuring your target or pulling your targeting massively if a large unit is close. Please could the way Doom of Prophecy be fixed to work reliably with a new targeting system where your crosshair actually lands on your target and with a cast animation and timing that makes it reliable to land and gain the APs without you being penalized for an insane cooldown when it doesn't work. I expect it might be too hard to develop a new targeting system so please fix Doom of Prophecy, perhaps with a shorter cast time that at least matches the animation or if the devs were kind enough to reward more skilled play, a shorter cast time altogether perhaps with a shorter penalty if missed. as it is, there 's a pretty high skill demand on the class that doesn't justly reward.
  • Options
    sicxs666sicxs666 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We have no current plans to do anything to cleric...

... except nerfing into the ground. Adding new archievements and doing a PvP Campaign where we cant participate.

Wondering when the last buff was..... Never?? Did one of u ever try to get Bloodthirsty? Did one of u ever try to get double or even one tripple kill? Do u realy think its fair to invent archievements which we NEVER EVER cant finish?

Guess u dont how how we feel like, when we do <300 dmg and heal on players but getting hit by 10k+.
  • Options
    harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have to agree (though less aggressively) with sicx. For a rogue in pvp to get a double kill, you basically need to have whirlwind of blades or a similar ability, or get extremely lucky. and that's with a damage class - I'm sure rangers could probably manage it, but a wizard doesn't have the raw damage, a GWF can't really hit multiple targets well enough for it, rogues are basically all single target damage, rangers might be able to manage it with split shot but that got nerfed...

And that leaves GFs and DCs on the bottom rung. GF is tanky, and has trouble killing one guy, much less two or, god forbid, three. A cleric is ever worse, as all their best damage abilities are debuffs and buffs, meaning they're not the ones getting the kill, and exempting them from getting double kills. This in addition to the healing nerf means that it's rare for you to see a cleric in pvp because it's simply not worth it.
This discussion has been closed.