Options

Un-Official Feedback Thread: Devoted Cleric changes and bugs

Comments

• Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    snip

When I say "Common feat", I mean that this is common feat other classes have too and I don't comment on them, got it? I really didn't want to make comparisons to other classes as it would be 10 times bigger post.

Just for notice - DC is the only class that doesn't have a feat that:
    -increases their Encounter damage;
    -increases their at-will damage;
    -increases their stamina regen.

They also don't have a feat, that increases their healing directly (2/4/6/8/10% more healing <- example).

If your only purpose of quoting is flaming on every paragraph - pls, move on from this thread.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    @ladysylvia: yours is just a useless post. Our heals are hot, and as it stands dps >> hps, at least on us.
  • Options
    psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    and second, true, there are very resiliant cleric builds out there, but they are useless. I haven't seen any of this clerics either heal or dps in any meaningfull way. They just run in cirles.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    @ladysylvia, can you show your cleric to prove you have right knowledge abt clerics?? I wonder why you cant understand mehguy's word, every cleric know what is happening when we saw his post, and i feel like you are trolling. He is plainly stating his opinion abt ALL heroic feats we have but not saying all feats are bad. If you feel like you are a good top elite cleric, duel the other clerics. Actions beats the words, that is what i am believing whenever there is a conflict.

@psychaos999, i seldom run in circles... :)

@mehguy, dc also didn't have any items or enchantment that boost healing. Every weapon enchant boost our damage while most cleric output is healing. Devs should make Feytouched boost healing instead of siphoning damage only.... not fair to healers and supporters....
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    @jazzfong, I was so surprised, when I saw that Hollowed Ground doesn't increase healing. I mean, well, I knew that, but I've never paid attention, I thought HG increases numbers on abilities, if it could be said that way) Also, on CTA events low lvl characters get their damage increased like if they were lvl 60, but healing does not get increased, so low lvl clerics are absolutely useless even on CTA.
  • Options
    brush4toiletbrush4toilet Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    @ladysilvia : plz show us the fact that DC can be almost unkillable... To be honest, i even tried the GCTR's build for pvp clerics with max deflect and regen, and the fact is here : the only thing that make a DC unkillable is when he is playing with a good team protecting him, and others don't focus him. DC are still too much slow in doing their stuff and so useless vs control... U think that make a dc gaining 40% more is going to make them unkillable, so what about perma stealth builds, tanks with 20k gs who can almost divide damages per 20, and CW knife which can crit at more than 20k HP?

so please, stop trolling this subject...
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    When I say "Common feat", I mean that this is common feat other classes have too and I don't comment on them, got it? I really didn't want to make comparisons to other classes as it would be 10 times bigger post.

Just for notice - DC is the only class that doesn't have a feat that:
    -increases their Encounter damage;
    -increases their at-will damage;
    -increases their stamina regen.

They also don't have a feat, that increases their healing directly (2/4/6/8/10% more healing <- example).

If your only purpose of quoting is flaming on every paragraph - pls, move on from this thread.

Sorry. I tought your post intention is that all feats are bad. Making suggestion will help more as only to list the problematic feats! But i don't know how.

jazzfong wrote: »
    @ladysylvia, can you show your cleric to prove you have right knowledge abt clerics?? I wonder why you cant understand mehguy's word, every cleric know what is happening when we saw his post, and i feel like you are trolling. He is plainly stating his opinion abt ALL heroic feats we have but not saying all feats are bad. If you feel like you are a good top elite cleric, duel the other clerics. Actions beats the words, that is what i am believing whenever there is a conflict.

@psychaos999, i seldom run in circles... :)

@mehguy, dc also didn't have any items or enchantment that boost healing. Every weapon enchant boost our damage while most cleric output is healing. Devs should make Feytouched boost healing instead of siphoning damage only.... not fair to healers and supporters....

I misunderstood him a little bit with his posting meaning. Healing itself is boosted by your power/Crit. So it exist boosting healing items.
    What you write about Feytouched make really no sense. Feytouch deliver a penality and is a damaging boon. If you refer to the -% healing, then Enraged Regrowth is your boonchoice that need the change. Not the Feytouched!
    @ladysilvia : plz show us the fact that DC can be almost unkillable... To be honest, i even tried the GCTR's build for pvp clerics with max deflect and regen, and the fact is here : the only thing that make a DC unkillable is when he is playing with a good team protecting him, and others don't focus him. DC are still too much slow in doing their stuff and so useless vs control... U think that make a dc gaining 40% more is going to make them unkillable, so what about perma stealth builds, tanks with 20k gs who can almost divide damages per 20, and CW knife which can crit at more than 20k HP?

so please, stop trolling this subject...

Your post is trolling. You don't make a discussion, you make only dumb writing down your opinion. >>plz show us the fact that DC can be almost unkillable...<<

I don't write, that such DCs are perfectly for all classes/builds they meet. Some may exist, but i haven't played since Mod 2 PvP penalty leaving arrive. So i can't say how big the impact is on DC. Second: You quoted it out of a example explanation. Going to and to BE is a different story. I wrote about Going to, if it wasn't clear enough for you.

>>U think that make a dc gaining 40% more is going to make them unkillable<<

Us your brain. Especially if i write before it the exact impact. It isn't 40%, it's over 66%!
    From 6k to 10k is ~167% not 140%!

>>so what about perma stealth builds<<

Q.Q here, Q.Q there. Q.Q everywhere! Does this interest in the meaning of DC? NO! Build of other classes have to be handled - right in their class forums/bug forum! Not in a thread only about the problem with DC powers/builds/gear.

>>tanks with 20k gs who can almost divide damages per 20<< I don't understand what you want to say with this. It make no sense for me in any cases.

>>and CW knife which can crit at more than 20k HP?<< same as above with perma. Isn't interesting in first line for the DC itself.

Again: Make suggestion how to handle it. I explain why the decreased healing is needed.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Currently atm the only weapon enchant for healing is vorpal, if and only if your main healing powers can crit. What i mean is, instead of only getting damage buff from Feytouched to deal extra damage. we should also gain extra healing output (12% damage buff/ 12% outgoing healing buff). That is what i mean, supporters and healers are always in the lowest bracket, i wonder how clerics advance in pvp campaign?? that double kill and triple kill task is pretty insane for clerics, why not they open other alternatives for clerics?? We cant kill effectively unless we are overgeared in pvp, which means at least a 3k gs higher than opponent....
  • Options
    nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No need for a tank. So the DC need a penalty, that harm them to be too good in healing without hurting teammates.

So is Righteousness a balance parameter for the healing value. =)

Well at first i was at least sceptical if not completely against rightenousnes / Healing Depression. But in PvP / PvE i feel really tanky and my healing before Healing Depression... well i allways had the feeling that it is a bit overpowered.
    I can still contribute A LOT to the Survival of teammates - it is clear that DC's are the punchingbags of the enemy team and Dc's are not designed to survive that - here again you need a good team.

BUT

its not really about healing - its more about having multiple options how you build your character and with that really terrible feats we got there it is not possible sadly.
    How can you not see that the Feat that increases your recovery is completely underpowered compared to heroic stat increase feats of other classes? i mean come on open your eyes!
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Currently atm the only weapon enchant for healing is vorpal, if and only if your main healing powers can crit. What i mean is, instead of only getting damage buff from Feytouched to deal extra damage. we should also gain extra healing output (12% damage buff/ 12% outgoing healing buff). That is what i mean, supporters and healers are always in the lowest bracket, i wonder how clerics advance in pvp campaign?? that double kill and triple kill task is pretty insane for clerics, why not they open other alternatives for clerics?? We cant kill effectively unless we are overgeared in pvp, which means at least a 3k gs higher than opponent....

Holy Avenger would be a good candidate for this. I miss one enchantment... I tought 2 exist that boost healing...
    Not only the Cleric will get a hard time. Remember the Protector Path of GF too. They lack a lot of damage too for only a bit more survivability. An enchantment, that do lifesteal too like the debuff of the DC at will enable. Yeah more various enchantment will help to find other builds as the existing ones.
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Too much going on in this thread for a point-by-point breakdown, so a few cents from me:

- Haven't heard a compelling argument for Righteousness in its current form. In PvP, the unkillable DC only happens when you fight players with poor gear and poor skill and/or coordination. Unkillable pretty-much-anything happens in this situation except that other classes are quickly racking up kills of their own while they continue not to be killed. The only players who think that DCs receiving full healing from their own spells would seriously unbalance them are those who base their experience off of extremely lopsided fights. Besides, I'm of the opinion that a good support-spec DC should take a little focus and CC to drop quickly. Allowing full self heals would only mean that clueless players couldn't rely as much on zerg tactics and chip damage; players who already know how to fight strong DCs would proceed as usual: keep DCs tied up as much as possible, watch for their encounters and their Daily to be blown, then chain CC and unload the heavy damage. DCs remain extremely weak to CC no matter what you do to Righteousness.

- As for PvE, it's silly to think that A) Righteousness has any significant impact on high-end play or that B) removing Righteousness would allow DCs to fill roles that they couldn't otherwise perform. Not only is tanking not a necessary role at all, DCs have no way to manage threat; you can't hold aggro even if you try. About the only exception is when literally no one touches a mob, like when you kite Hrimnir's adds as DC, and we all know that it's no big deal even with Righteousness. Again, the only players who are really affected by Righteousness in PvE are the leveling and new 60 DCs who lack gear and lean heavily on their healing powers for group content. It would make their lives easier, but no one else would notice.

- Holy Avenger is pretty underwhelming since you can't guarantee that it will be available and will proc when you actually want it. It's a problem with all of these chance activation procs with long cooldowns.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    brush4toiletbrush4toilet Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Your post is trolling. You don't make a discussion, you make only dumb writing down your opinion. >>plz show us the fact that DC can be almost unkillable...<<

I don't write, that such DCs are perfectly for all classes/builds they meet. Some may exist, but i haven't played since Mod 2 PvP penalty leaving arrive. So i can't say how big the impact is on DC. Second: You quoted it out of a example explanation. Going to and to BE is a different story. I wrote about Going to, if it wasn't clear enough for you.

>>U think that make a dc gaining 40% more is going to make them unkillable<<

Us your brain. Especially if i write before it the exact impact. It isn't 40%, it's over 66%!
    From 6k to 10k is ~167% not 140%!

>>so what about perma stealth builds<<

Q.Q here, Q.Q there. Q.Q everywhere! Does this interest in the meaning of DC? NO! Build of other classes have to be handled - right in their class forums/bug forum! Not in a thread only about the problem with DC powers/builds/gear.

>>tanks with 20k gs who can almost divide damages per 20<< I don't understand what you want to say with this. It make no sense for me in any cases.

>>and CW knife which can crit at more than 20k HP?<< same as above with perma. Isn't interesting in first line for the DC itself.

Again: Make suggestion how to handle it. I explain why the decreased healing is needed.

a conversation is also an exchange in points of view, so i don't say you're dumb or you don't contribute to the discussion, but you're trolling coz you should be the only DC in all NW that agree with righteousness (could be a joke afer all)

well, i used the 40% value coz righteousness is said : "heals are 40% less effective on you", i can do the maths about the 66%, but what i read should be the right value, or let me understand where the 66% are written in NW.

moreover, the examples of other classes' builds were there to indicate that without righteousness, DC won't be broken for the gameplay.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I still remember how superior a cleric can heal before healing depression, i can almost guarantee a life of my teammate if and only if i am not cc-ed or killed first. Thanks to Anointed Holy Symbol and Sunburst i can spam a lot of temp hp to my allies but soon, in 2 months they nerf all healing and temp hp because GWF is too OP with unstoppable.... With my hard refined epic BCRS, i really regret why i didn't refine a lanturn or other artifacts (temp hp become useless...).

Last time i hope when they rework righteousness, we can have some bonus in penetrating healing depression in pvp. Reason? CW can bypass a portion of tenacity's cc resist, then why clerics cannot bypass some healing depression?? The issue is heavily discussed before march where a cw cannot control and a cleric cannot heal. After qq-ing from the large cw player base, cw can finally bypass a portion of cc resist, but it seems like dc community is too less so they ignore us despite tons of players from other classes helped to defend our right to heal in pvp!! I feel disappointed when i see nothing from devs to reduce healing depression on clerics. However, i will still adapt and play pvp, as the lowest bracket and worst class in pvp, remember, cw and gf ARE BETTER than us in current meta, one can kill us anytime anywhere, another can do serious damage and prone lock anyone.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    as the lowest bracket and worst class in pvp, remember, cw and gf ARE BETTER than us in current meta, one can kill us anytime anywhere, another can do serious damage and prone lock anyone.

CW is actually the overall worst for PvP. The only class against which it doesn't have a disadvantage is DC :P

Control resist penetration was a nice gesture, but it didn't truly address CW issues in PvP. Some kind of Healing Depression pen, though, would be a step in the right direction for DCs if the devs persist with this notion that DCs shouldn't get the full potential of their own heals, and it would make DCs more valued overall in PvP.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    mddoughtsmddoughts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    vorphied wrote: »

...and don't even get me started on this Righteousness <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Sorry guys, but nerfing base heal numbers by 40% and increasing the scaling for allied targets is absolutely no bueno. The fact that it amounts to a slight overall healing buff and effectively fixes DC interactions with some self-healing boons etc. isn't enough to distract from the fact that it's mostly a semantics change. When a developer has time to explain in detail why Righteousness (however you want to sell it) is still necessary for game balance, I will keep an open mind. In the meantime, though, it still looks very much like something that serves no function except to deter low-geared healing DCs and to frustrate players who enjoy using their class-given healing powers in PvP :P Oops, too late. I got started....

OH MY GOSH ALL OF MY FEELINGS ALL AT ONCE.

I don't understand why righteousness is necessary, unless it's to make DCs so difficult to play that no one wants to make them.

As awesome as it is to always be in demand, I would rather be useful in pvp.

Other comments include that I am really, really tired of getting control locked in pvp. DCs need to have some sort of control resist ability.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    We do have a 3 hit full immune daily if that is what you requested, and a dodge mechanic to avoid being controlled.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    We do have a 3 hit full immune daily if that is what you requested, and a dodge mechanic to avoid being controlled.

AA last less than a second and we can dodge two times every several seconds.
    I suppose you were ironic
  • Options
    edited April 2014

I'm going to assume that you were being funny, but l think we should look at Anointed Army, anyway:

- Daily power expending 100% AP
    - Weak damage, small AoE
    - Nice buffs that completely expire when the recipient is struck 3 times by any damage source, including At-Wills and DoTs from feats (e.g. Deep Gash, Elemental Empowerment) and enchantments (e.g. Plaguefire, Bilethorn).

AA is a great idea with poor execution. It's totally underpowered in both PvE and PvP. At the very least it needs to be adjusted so that the Power and CC immunity buffs persist for X number of seconds rather than expiring as soon as the last orb is knocked off. Right now it's so situational that it ends up being useless much of the time.

Dodge mechanic is nothing unique. CWs can teleport 3 times on a full stamina bar without first having to take a tier 4 feat, TRs have Stealth along with their 2 dodges, and HRs...well, they don't have the lengthy immune frames, but the frequency with which they can dodge kind of makes up for it. All of that being said, CWs with all of their teleports are still extremely vulnerable to CC, just like DCs are. Not being able to break CC or prevent it (except for the use of niche daily powers) is a big deal for these classes.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    edited April 2014
    No point asking for some buff on cleric, the devs are busy at the moment. AA really need a rework, it is the second most underpowered daily power among 6 classes. The most underpowered one is GoF, and i don't think other classes have daily power worse than these 2. One may expired less than 1 sec, another deal lesser single target damage than a AoE damage encounter. And THESE ARE DAILY!!!!!
  • Options
    sathadosathado Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2014
    Chains of Blazing Light sometimes fails and enemies can run and jump on a chains so easy. :(
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I think the problem is uneven terrain or texture/collision discrepancy.
  • Options
    skarlspeedskarlspeed Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    On live at least, Drow DCs continue to have the same bug they've had since Mod 1 was released as well - They proc Darkfire on themselves and allies and thus *debuff* the group:

I haven't tested it personally because my DC is a half-elf, but here's a drow DC in party with my CW, note the Darkfire icons on me and the DC; everyone else got it on and off too:

http://www.iankunx.net/drowclericdebuff.jpg (Linked because it's 664k and will make slow connection cry)

I have my drow cleric parked for this very reason. This is unacceptable that the darkfire is debuffing your own people. Maybe I should be roleplaying him as a secret agent of the spider queen. I need to change his diety if that is the case :) Maybe a diety change token? wow I just thought up some more money for PW.
  • Options
    serenlaelyseserenlaelyse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm curious... Does anyone know if the new heal/buff at-will for the upcoming HR paragon path applies the Drow debuff on healed allies?

EDIT: To be more specific, other classes have powers that heal themselves, but Hunter's Teamwork will be able to heal allies, like we clerics do. If lots of rangers find themselves debuffing their parties like Drow DCs have been doing this whole time, there might be a different response from devs. How many Hunter Ranger starter packs have they sold?
  • Options
    theosymphanytheosymphany Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    From my experience (could be wrong, didn't spend much time playing with HRs on preview) Hunter's Teamwork drops an item on the ground which when you walk over grants the healing/AP so it's not a direct proc and thus probably wouldn't suffer like Drow DCs.

It's good thinking though, because the ally/enemy definition isn't clear with a lot of powers. For example, a few weeks ago when testing the open world PvP my Sacred Flame was granting temp HP to my nemesis, haven't rechecked if it still does that.
    Kaelac Symphony LaggyGamerz Community
    Guild and guide info

Module 4 Comprehensive DC guide |Module 4 MoF CW Handbook |New! Scourge Warlock Guide| NW Numbers and Mechanics guide |Crit, Power and DPS guide | Dungeon Delving guide and more
  • Options
    senordoeboysenordoeboy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The cleric has been my favorite class since I began play D&D since 1982. I've always have enjoyed it in nearly all of the table top editions and MMO's. But with Neverwinter, I'm not just disappointed, I'm disgusted by what can be only be described as hostility towards the class.

The intro movie to Neverwinter explains the attitude towards DC. In the movie the DC can barely turn zombies and her healing ability is questionable at best. While the "sneaky" TR marches like a death machine into an enemy army creating a swath of destruction that even Conan would be hard pressed to match. The bias is obvious and repugnant.

Just saw the new class based artifacts for the cleric. The 40% action point bonus over 15 seconds is pathetic. You can get more from action points from a pair of power potions in less time. Next why is the cleric class the only one that gets no new ability with their artifact, but gets their same old Daily powers with less boost than a pair of potions? As for the side effect of getting "healed" by using their encounters, this is pathetic also especially since you have a recovery reduction on the clerics. Throw in the fact they gave the DC a 50% handicap to their primary ability of healing, it just gets worse.

Frankly I love the Cleric class, but I wouldn't start another one on this server and considered my DC as nothing more than a mule. I would also discourage any one from starting one or spending any money on Zen on this server till they get their act together and quit biasing the whole server towards the TRs and GWFs.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Any plans to fix the Linked Spirit bug? It's really annoying that it doesn't proc off Astral Shield because you need another encounter in Divine Mode to trigger it.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    what potions are you talking about?
    The cleric has been my favorite class since I began play D&D since 1982. I've always have enjoyed it in nearly all of the table top editions and MMO's. But with Neverwinter, I'm not just disappointed, I'm disgusted by what can be only be described as hostility towards the class.

The intro movie to Neverwinter explains the attitude towards DC. In the movie the DC can barely turn zombies and her healing ability is questionable at best. While the "sneaky" TR marches like a death machine into an enemy army creating a swath of destruction that even Conan would be hard pressed to match. The bias is obvious and repugnant.

Just saw the new class based artifacts for the cleric. The 40% action point bonus over 15 seconds is pathetic. You can get more from action points from a pair of power potions in less time. Next why is the cleric class the only one that gets no new ability with their artifact, but gets their same old Daily powers with less boost than a pair of potions? As for the side effect of getting "healed" by using their encounters, this is pathetic also especially since you have a recovery reduction on the clerics. Throw in the fact they gave the DC a 50% handicap to their primary ability of healing, it just gets worse.

Frankly I love the Cleric class, but I wouldn't start another one on this server and considered my DC as nothing more than a mule. I would also discourage any one from starting one or spending any money on Zen on this server till they get their act together and quit biasing the whole server towards the TRs and GWFs.
  • Options
    senordoeboysenordoeboy Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    what potions are you talking about?

The potion of Power, you can make a bach of them with the Alchemy Profession. They give you an instant 25% of your action points and have a cool down of 15s. So the artifact gives you 40% over 15s or you can use two potions for 50% over 15s. You figure it out.
  • Options
    serenlaelyseserenlaelyse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Update on the Drow cleric debuff issue: Apparently Drow rangers who buff their teammates can apply the Fire debuff as well, so it's not a cleric thing... it's a racial bug that procs from buffing. One less thing on the "fix for clerics" list that they can pretend doesn't exist!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I heard you guys think that your cleric is underpowered so we ninja nerfed it to make your underpowered cleric even more underpowered
    bug: Disciple cleric
    not quite a bug, as i'm sure the change was intentional, but the change itself seems to have been left out of the patch notes.
    the dc faithful paragon feat "moon touched" has been changed from 1%/2%/3%/4%/5% heal per 3 seconds to .6%/1.2%/1.8%/2.4%/3% per 3 seconds.
This discussion has been closed.