test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CTA Queue Taking a Long Time

2»

Comments

• lustforblood69lustforblood69 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The problem is that the Protector Enclave groups for this event atleast 80% of them have some GS requirement or some certain class.. Good luck if you have a level 6 rogue trying to enjoy this event lol
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The problem is that the Protector Enclave groups for this event atleast 80% of them have some GS requirement or some certain class.. Good luck if you have a level 6 rogue trying to enjoy this event lol

With all due respect, do you think a level 6 rogue will be able to contribute all that mush to a team? I'm willing to team with lower level characters, but I am not interested in carrying anyone who hasn't even unlocked their class ability yet...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My problem with the speed for this is not involving the queue, it's those horrible cut scenes! They take about half as much time as the actual run, if not more!
    And I'm fine with fast runs, don't get me wrong. But it's really annoying stopping mid-fight to watch a cut scene that takes about as long as killing the actual boss you see in it.
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    farla47 wrote: »
    My problem with the speed for this is not involving the queue, it's those horrible cut scenes! They take about half as much time as the actual run, if not more!
    And I'm fine with fast runs, don't get me wrong. But it's really annoying stopping mid-fight to watch a cut scene that takes about as long as killing the actual boss you see in it.

Yeah the cut scenes are really annoying , if they really had to show us the bosses they should have just swept down the side of the bridge from one end to the other and shown all 3 in one cut scene maybe with writing on screen as we come to each boss saying boss number 1 , boss number 2 etc instead of stopping everybody in their tracks 3 times .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • adisonmakadisonmak Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ='(

another short CTA event... I hope that past CTA that is ended will make a comeback. I only managed to get few wanted items on my main but did not managed to get them for my other alts...

I also hope that there is such event for Non-Epic Dungeon as well...
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    . . . Odd, I ran several CTA's last night and each one popped within seconds of me Q'ing up. This was between 2-4am EDT, a time when I expected to have to wait a bit... yet my Q's were popping almost instantly. I was on my main CW, if that matters, Q'ing solo. I did Q as a group once, with 3 of us. It also popped within seconds of Q'ing.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    This will happen on the first day of an event like this frequently as our population grows to its peak for the first day and our game servers need to meet the quickly growing demands.

After that peak, there are enough game servers already in place to meet the more steady requests of the players.

I have talked to our experts on this issue and we do not have a good method to spin up game servers beforehand to meet the expected demand before it happens on the first day, though is something we could look to address long term since we plan to continually run events approximately every other week where many of them could experience this first day of load.

Thank you all for your patience, enthusiasm and I'll see you in the game!
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    *snip*

It was just the first few hours of the event that the queues were crazy then suddenly they started working instantly , now the only time I notice a wait is during skirmish hour and even then it's only a couple of minutes.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A few things I noticed:
    1. Especially during Skirmish Hour, even a day and a bit into the event, there are still long waiting times for non-full teams (10+ minutes)
    2. 5 man premades are the fastest to get in by a large margin (and during peak times still take up to 4 minutes), followed by solo queue. Teams of 2-4 wait the longest. The distribution of waiting times is true for other non-event content as well.

Thanks for acknowledging the issue though