test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is Stealth going to be changed to avoid perma-stealth?

13»

Comments

• hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    not to mention that they may save it for when they are about to die.

i near-killed a hunter just for him to stealth and hide. i knew aimed shot was coming, but there is no way i can dodge it without a single sign that it's about to fire and my ITC is usually on cooldown when that happens. pretty much 10k+ damage guaranteed.

You can hear it when it's charging.

And I don't think rogues should really be complaining about big hits out of stealth.. lol...
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You can hear it when it's charging.

And I don't think rogues should really be complaining about big hits out of stealth.. lol...

i probably have to be near the hunter to hear it though, but after like 5-10 seconds of silence i think they left and get shot in the back.

i do use lashing, but my stealth damage does not compare to an actual perma's
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    i probably have to be near the hunter to hear it though, but after like 5-10 seconds of silence i think they left and get shot in the back.

i do use lashing, but my stealth damage does not compare to an actual perma's

I believe it's fairly audible unless they moved pretty far away. If they're planning on using aimed strike they're not going to go too far though because it doesn't last long and they need some time to charge it.

I have been able to hear it when dueling other HRs.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I believe it's fairly audible unless they moved pretty far away. If they're planning on using aimed strike they're not going to go too far though because it doesn't last long and they need some time to charge it.

I have been able to hear it when dueling other HRs.

when they finally decide to hit me with it, they tend to be around the maximum range of a deft strike or a little more. hard to measure distance in this game.
  • instantjaksinstantjaks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2014
    Nearly every class in this game has to make a choice when it comes to build. Depending on your class you will have to decide: Do you build for PvP? Or for PvE? Do you want to be tankier for PvP or you want to do crazy burst for PvE? You definitely cant have both, youre going to be less effective in either of them, thats a fact for most of the classes. We all know burst means little inside domination bcs large amounts of dmg do you no good if you keep getting killed with one or two hits. Now where do perma stealths stand in this? They still dominate PvP, trolling entire teams 3 v 1 on their own base node, pulling ridiculous amounts of dmg while being immune (ITC) or simply being on stealth making it almost impossible to to effectively attack them unless you modify your entire build just to fight a rogue. And STILL they get to solo T2 bosses lol tell me how is this not a bug/exploit?? Why do every class has to change their entire prefered rotation/build JUST to counter a perma stealth?? TR's are broken, stop trying to justify that sh*t and fix it already.-
  • fernandosbfernandosb Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nearly every class in this game has to make a choice when it comes to build. Depending on your class you will have to decide: Do you build for PvP? Or for PvE? Do you want to be tankier for PvP or you want to do crazy burst for PvE? You definitely cant have both, youre going to be less effective in either of them, thats a fact for most of the classes. We all know burst means little inside domination bcs large amounts of dmg do you no good if you keep getting killed with one or two hits. Now where do perma stealths stand in this? They still dominate PvP, trolling entire teams 3 v 1 on their own base node, pulling ridiculous amounts of dmg while being immune (ITC) or simply being on stealth making it almost impossible to to effectively attack them unless you modify your entire build just to fight a rogue. And STILL they get to solo T2 bosses lol tell me how is this not a bug/exploit?? Why do every class has to change their entire prefered rotation/build JUST to counter a perma stealth?? TR's are broken, stop trying to justify that sh*t and fix it already.-

Many rogues can't use their "prefered" build and rotation because the rogue class has been changed so much, many people were forced to switch to perma or semi perma build (not me I have been perma stealth since its release) so they could survive in pvp because we are really squishy, If we get to do a few T2 by ourselves is because no one takes TRs in their groups... to solo a dungeon is definitely not quick and efficient and it takes a while... I do not agree TR's should have the right to solo a dungeon, but I do not agree with the current state where we are not wanted for **** anymore. with the recent mod 3 release, many started to report of how being a perma rogue isn't like it used to be... We do not dominate pvp although we are and will always be the class that gives you nightmares (along with gwf lol) You do not have to modify a whole build to fight a rogue but if you do not change your encounters depending on the enemy team then you are doing it wrong, you have to adapt to the circumstances not the other way around, Rogues choices for pvp got narrowed down to the point where people do only use the same encounters which is also dumb. you should have options....

Bottom line is... you are probably a 9k getting eaten by potb and cos alone, I bet you also don't have tenacity and can get 1 shot with lashing blade... if you do not pvp then you shouldn't even be posting.. crying about pve is far too much...

signed. Don Cicci
  • instantjaksinstantjaks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2014
    fernandosb wrote: »
    Many rogues can't use their "prefered" build and rotation because the rogue class has been changed so much, many people were forced to switch to perma or semi perma build (not me I have been perma stealth since its release) so they could survive in pvp because we are really squishy, If we get to do a few T2 by ourselves is because no one takes TRs in their groups... to solo a dungeon is definitely not quick and efficient and it takes a while... I do not agree TR's should have the right to solo a dungeon, but I do not agree with the current state where we are not wanted for **** anymore. with the recent mod 3 release, many started to report of how being a perma rogue isn't like it used to be... We do not dominate pvp although we are and will always be the class that gives you nightmares (along with gwf lol) You do not have to modify a whole build to fight a rogue but if you do not change your encounters depending on the enemy team then you are doing it wrong, you have to adapt to the circumstances not the other way around, Rogues choices for pvp got narrowed down to the point where people do only use the same encounters which is also dumb. you should have options....

Bottom line is... you are probably a 9k getting eaten by potb and cos alone, I bet you also don't have tenacity and can get 1 shot with lashing blade... if you do not pvp then you shouldn't even be posting.. crying about pve is far too much...

signed. Don Cicci

Lol why so mad *Don*? Did I hit a nerve? Just what is the "prefered" build of a TR then, when clearly PS is superior than any other build that comes to mind? You go off on me with personal attacks because you know what I said up there is, if maybe a bit blunt, still absolutely true. And actually *Don* Im not anywhere near 9k on any of my characters, except perhaps my CW which i started last week, is 10k and im never going to use again after 3rd DR boon bcs i dont quite fancy that class at all. The rest of my characters are all above 14k on full profound pvp set, so sadly for you I know d*mn well what Im saying here. Starting with this: with a straight face you want to tell me that TRs dont enjoy using a build that allows them to kill other players without getting so much as a scratch on their "squishy" bodies? They dont enjoy playing a build that allows them to 3v1 on domination (TR being the 1) and worst case scenario kill 2/3 and walk away unscathed? Yeah, bcs thats not enjoyable at all right? lol. I see them whine time and again about how nerfed they've been over the time but as much as you want to sell that I dont buy it, TRs have a very good dmg even if PS which is the build they would have you believe has a crappy dmg, with LB from a geared TR capable of taking almost half the health of a equally geared GWF, let alone other classes like HR or DC. Even if there was another build around i doubt TRs would switch to it simply bcs no other build will allow them to troll teams and feel pro, when in reality its the ridiculous advantage they have what wins the fights, not their talent, which feels very sad.

For PvE I dont even get what TRs complain so much about, whats that about nobody wanting them on groups? Get over it already, go look at /LFG channel and tell me what do people look for? Only DC, GWF and CW and thats it, every other class is left aside, so thats not only a problem for TRs, stop crying about it, jesus, GFs and HRs have it even harder bcs at least TR is the best single target dps in game, its more than useful for bosses and i usually like having a TR around for that reason alone, but there is nothing that a HR or GF can do that the other classes above mentioned cant do better, so quit your bellyaching.

Be realistic *Don*, perma stealth build allows TRs to stay immune to dmg and CC half the time with ITC while dealing high damage (Duelists Flurry) or stealthed the other half, which makes it almost impossible to hit them while they still deal high dmg (Cloud of Steel) which will deal high dmg, and yes, it does, regardless of what you would have people believe, most know better by now. Also with the right encounters slotted this is something that can go on indefinitely unless the very TR makes a mistake, but as for build and rotation goes its flawless and if youre perma you **** well know this. They solo T2 bosses as well!....wait what?! What other class in any other game have you ever seen doing something like that?! If you cant see something terribly broken and wrong just from that fact alone then I cant take seriously anything you have to say, bcs all i hear is whinning about how TRs dont deserve the fix on the exploit that is perma stealth, but no reason to back it up besides "we have been nerfed in the past". Get over it, mehcanics on that class are broken, its not our fault you cant play a game without having conditions favorable to you.

Also dont even think of trying to turn the discussion on this thread around, we all know GWFs need a fix as well, we all know CWs need a fix too. Here we discuss TRs, so dont come saying "you must be a sore HR/DC/CW/GWF who got pwnd by a TR lol", bcs not only *I am* all that, but im sick of it as well, as is almost everyone else who has to put up with that bs. And Im also sick of all the sad, lame excuses TRs want to use to keep this exploit from getting the fix it deserves.-
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Starting with this: with a straight face you want to tell me that TRs dont enjoy using a build that allows them to kill other players without getting so much as a scratch on their "squishy" bodies? They dont enjoy playing a build that allows them to 3v1 on domination (TR being the 1) and worst case scenario kill 2/3 and walk away unscathed? Yeah, bcs thats not enjoyable at all right? lol.
    I don't. And I know others that don't. Go read the Rogue forum.

I haven't run a perma or even semi-perma build for months. I just don't enjoy that playstyle - it's not what I like about playing Rogue classes. I run a 'combat TR' (whatever that is) and I still get grief from nuubs for being a 'perma ****'. I swear that half the QQ about perma stealth is coming from people who don't even understand what it is.

Oh - and when I'm not getting grief from the opposition about being a perma I'm getting QQ from my team for NOT being a perma. Everyone hates them but everyone wants them on THEIR team. Double standards much?
    I see them whine time and again about how nerfed they've been over the time but as much as you want to sell that I dont buy it, TRs have a very good dmg even if PS which is the build they would have you believe has a crappy dmg, with LB from a geared TR capable of taking almost half the health of a equally geared GWF, let alone other classes like HR or DC. Even if there was another build around i doubt TRs would switch to it simply bcs no other build will allow them to troll teams and feel pro, when in reality its the ridiculous advantage they have what wins the fights, not their talent, which feels very sad.
    Lolwhut? The days of LB doing any significant damage to a GWF are long gone my friend. Unless there's a huge GS advantage for the TR. It barely scratches some of the tankier CW builds out there. On my HR and CW I often don't bother dodging it any more. On my TR I'm running with Dazing Strike instead as the damage isn't far short and at least I get a (very) short stun.

I already addressed the rest of your point above. There are already TRs running non-perma builds (including me) and if these were made more viable then more people would play them.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • harrivengerharrivenger Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I already addressed the rest of your point above. There are already TRs running non-perma builds (including me) and if these were made more viable then more people would play them.

I am one of the non-perma build TR too. Reasons being,
    1. I don't like to put points on INT. I prefer Dex and Str for my TR, I am not a Wizard ok? ;)
    2. I am suck at doing the "perm-stealth" rotation using Shadow Strike, Dummy etc.

And yes, sometimes I do replace my LB with Dazzling Strike as Dazzling Strike has much shorter CD and with stun. In additional, veteran PvP players are good at dodging my LB attack.
    Harrivenger (Master Infiltrator)
    Ebony (Whisperknife)

• suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    For PvE I dont even get what TRs complain so much about, whats that about nobody wanting them on groups? Get over it already, go look at /LFG channel and tell me what do people look for? Only DC, GWF and CW and thats it, every other class is left aside, so thats not only a problem for TRs, stop crying about it, jesus, GFs and HRs have it even harder bcs at least TR is the best single target dps in game, its more than useful for bosses and i usually like having a TR around for that reason alone, but there is nothing that a HR or GF can do that the other classes above mentioned cant do better, so quit your bellyaching.

The TR is not the best single target dps in game anymore. Currently the GWF is top in this category, followed by a CW (but might be situational or more of a long 'burst' for CW that allows them to manage this). I am unsure where the HR stands compared to the TR but I suspect that there is not as much of a difference as you would think.
  • shivonomineshivonomine Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As a perma stealther i would say that the only thing that should be nerfed like 15-20 % is the reduction of the loss of our stealth meter by the passive skills TC (Ten .concealment ) .I understand that my role on pvp is kinda how to call it . Ballbreaker is the right word but guys . We are forced to play with this build . Do you even know the huge nerfs our dps got ? 50 % on every skill . Impact shot nerf .Further encounter skills nerf due to the power rework on mod 3 .Stop whining . I beg of you . You are destroying the game of others . If you think that Trs on perma are just that OP , just make one and see for yourself how stressful is to to play this freaking idiotic build .But if we get a further nerf ( on stealth ) w/o something in return our class shall be utterly useless . I would agree on the nerf of TC skill but only if we get some of our former dps in return .