test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Installer?

redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok, just got a new PC after my old one went caput.

I am looking to install Neverwinter, but I can't find the installer.

Please, please, please tell me I don't have to DL and use yet another PITA piece of software (Arc) just to install it.

All The Best
Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
Post edited by redneckronin on

Comments

• redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    If you still have access to the old hard drive, you can simply copy the game folder to your new PC. if not, unfortunately you're doomed to use ARC and get rid of it as soon as you're done installing.

I copied all the files over to the new HD, the launcher / login process works fine, but then it doesn't seem to be able to find the game files to run the game. :(

I can use Arc to install tehn delete it? I don't have to login through Arc?

Many thanks

All The Best

• redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Nah you don't require ARC to play. yet. You can delete it once NW is installed.

Great!

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

All The Best

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You should be be able to use steam as well
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    . . . If you still have your original "Neverwinter.exe" patcher file, you can place this were you want it installed and then run it and when it detects no Registry Entries, it will create them for the directory its in and then it will download and patch the game according to your new system. I wouldn't copy the whole installation, as certain things may vary from OS to OS.

. . . Otherwise, you'll need to install it through ARC or through Steam. In either case, you can run the game without running ARC or Steam and can even uninstall ARC afterwards and still run the game, as long as you don't also delete the installed games.

. . . Closing this now as downloading 3rd-party hosted installers is not okay, nor it is safe and is definately not allowed to be linked to or even suggested.
This discussion has been closed.