Comments

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Dwarven riding goat!

14607_zps413f4417.jpg

Bring IT!
  • qazhiqazhi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I agree, lol wouldn't be bad if we got a snake as well. I was thinking Giant Jungle Green Anaconda. People hate snakes but there movement is unique.
  • qazhiqazhi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wait lol, I had to come back...Anaconda with Cobra colors/crimson tongue. I'm pitchin'... Does staff read this stuff???
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In a book I wrote (I haven't had the guts to try to get it published), I had mini-dinosaurs that people could ride. However, only a certain goblin-like race had mastered taming such ill-tempered creatures, so anyone insane enough to want to ride one would have to, um, appropriate one (in my story, it happened by accident, as the character in question was not nearly so insane).
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    large size dragons as zen mounts. This will make Cryptic rich. Very rich
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If there is a griffon mount, it must be a flying mount.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    If there is a griffon mount, it must be a flying mount.

i don't know that we'll ever see flying mounts in neverwinter. i believe that there are limitations in the engine or something that would make it difficult or impossible. but i would still love to see a griffon mount in the game. maybe even a pegasus mount.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i don't know that we'll ever see flying mounts in neverwinter. i believe that there are limitations in the engine or something that would make it difficult or impossible. but i would still love to see a griffon mount in the game. maybe even a pegasus mount.

No limits from the engine. CO has flying vehicles and flying characters. The limit is purely a design one. Content wasn't designed with people flying around in mind.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    No limits from the engine. CO has flying vehicles and flying characters. The limit is purely a design one. Content wasn't designed with people flying around in mind.

well there ya go. thanks dardove. :D
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    More ''contraptions''. I fell in love with the Kwalish as soon as I saw it, so more bizarre creations running around blowing of steam and dropping oil.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlDQkngzClsRtN-uqjBkwCV2XuKEdpdcPQT69hPQZus64L9SpP
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited April 2014

In theory they could pull a WoW and modify the game for flight. However since the game is not an 'open world', with very small zones, I am not sure how this would work exactly.
  • arthol009arthol009 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Actually one thing love to see in this game is Speed scaling on mounts. where all mounts scale to fastest mount you own. Cause honestly just cause its fast doesn't mean it fits your perception of what you toon should be riding.
  • lazelllazell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yarknarf wrote: »
    So yes, donkey, camel, dog (for the halflings) would be good choices for me.

My first pen and paper character (in a combination D&D 1 and 2 rules setting) was a halfling priest who rode a Cooshee. While the elven dog is a little more specialized than you had in mind, I agree that some more mounts would be good.
    All I want is for rank 2 and rank 3 training tomes to be cheaper so that they are reasonable to buy.

I agree. I don't understand why upgrading is so much more expensive than buying a rank 3 outright.