test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new mount ideas

melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
not that PWE needs more ideas... thus far, i have not been disappointed with their mount offerings. just today, i was sloshing along through PE when i envisioned a griffon mount.

not necessarily the one depicted above, but thinking about how the beetles flutter but don't fly and also how we won't get flying mounts, i still think having a griffon mount would be very regal. and pretty darn awesome.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lion mount FFS!!

also
    wooly mammoth
    inanimate mounts like a hoverboard/flying disk/carpet
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lots of mystical and farfetched beasts you've come out with. I want something a little more mundane for my DC: a Donkey.

Yep, he's an old fashioned kind of guy ( a Friar ) who needs something ornery to ride on.
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    At this stage.

I would not be thrilled by anything other than a actual dragon.

Give me the Dragon!
  • yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lots of mystical and farfetched beasts you've come out with. I want something a little more mundane for my DC: a Donkey.

Yep, he's an old fashioned kind of guy ( a Friar ) who needs something ornery to ride on.

^^Yes^^

I prefer the common rides as well.

On one toon I use the gray horse because it looks kind of like a donkey, which is what I wanted.

So yes, donkey, camel, dog (for the halflings) would be good choices for me.

I'd LOVE a chariot for my several Celtic themed characters, but concede that it may be too physically large to work.

But MORE IMPORTANTLY...

Please offer mounts in rank 1, rank 2 and rank 3 varieties in the store.

Add up the cost of getting a rank 1 mount and upgrading it to rank 3 (2,750,000 AD) -vs- the cost of a rank 3 out-of-the-box mount.

The cost of upgrading a rank 1 to rank 3 is way, way more. Why?

I don't want the howlers and unicorns, I want to look plain and unassuming, usually.

I understand that some purple mounts won't be offered in rank 1 variety, so they are more epic and special, but why should having a more plain horse from the zen store at rank 3 be SO much more expensive than buying the armored rank 3 horse?

I'd love that change more than anything new you could add.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All I want is for rank 2 and rank 3 training tomes to be cheaper so that they are reasonable to buy.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    A few I'd like to see:

donkey
    camel
    clockwork horse
    giant scorpion
    giant grasshopper
    mule
    ox
    bull
    dire wolf
    war elephant
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    All I want is for rank 2 and rank 3 training tomes to be cheaper so that they are reasonable to buy.

I agree, they are too expensive...even more expensive than most epic and legendary mounts
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    giant space hamster mount?
  • cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Rage Drake
    SpittingRageDrake.jpg

me want it bad :p

edit:
    melodywhr wrote: »

lol
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Need a zen reclaimable spider. No way I'm spending 1 mil on a single character.
  • prancerhoodprancerhood Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    a dinosaur
    any type of dinosaur big enough to ride
  • areefursonareefurson Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    War Kangaroo, watch out for they may kick.
  • shadowheraldshadowherald Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Griffin is a noble mount, and if I remember raised and used by the Gold Elves (Sun Elves), since they build their cities high in the mountain steppes of fertile valleys. But yes, would be a great mount if introduced. Imagine it would hover more than fly though.
  • mvffin1mvffin1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    toys+car+(5).jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTSDcUS7wGINFoBhm1ac5-lGs-qj-wVL4cEL0LBXrwyQhL1kAE
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3reETtPDIgduIE056GmJQZV7JUKlYPMYeDkVBX0PLMRCz7HjPuA
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm still waiting for my luxury horse-drawn vehicle.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Dangit, I just wasted hours playing old BG videos...thanks a lot!

As far as ideas. My dorfie would really, REALLY, like a Dwarven war chariot pulled by a set of grumpy goats. Failing the chariot, ill settle for just a grumpy goat.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    mvffin1 wrote: »
    toys+car+(5).jpg

I would buy this
  • tourage16tourage16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I want a pony and a lizard =D
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I want a mule. A nice noble brown mule. Better yet a Pegamule, but that's just me wanting my particular brand of circumstantial weirdness from a D&D campaign. (Had a Paladin who for various reasons wound up with a mule as a mount, who later became a Celestial Pegamule through Corellon's power. Frank was awesome and the best mount ever.)

Also, while I too would like a zen-purchased reclaimable spider, let's be more realistic about what drow actually ride: Where the heck is my riding lizard?! :<

And GC and Sled prove we can have mounts with different riding poses; why not a flying carpet? Those have been in D&D forever. Doesn't have to actually fly fly, it can hover like the sled does.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • erezwhiteerezwhite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Combat Wombat. 'nuff said.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just not a Bebilith Mount. Just NOPE
  • thekristallethekristalle Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I really enjoy that horse,
    1.png
  • silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    At this stage.

I would not be thrilled by anything other than a actual dragon.

Give me the Dragon!

100% this! I would love to see a dragon mount! The Donkey idea isn't bad either :)
  • fgreyspearfgreyspear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 472 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    - The Cuddly Lion mount, with lots of fluffy hair and cute emotes.
    - The Lamb of Horror mount, tripping blood from ferocious fangs and glowing red eyes.
    - The Wooden Bicycle mount, made from twisted magic wood where everything but the wheels is turning.
    - The Centipede mount, with centipede-typical motion and boots on all feet.
    Stay frosty.
  • harbinger815harbinger815 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited April 2014
    lizard mounts capable of running along walls
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Couple more ideas:
    1. Mech-Horse ( Steampunk )
    2. Mystical Glade Walker ( a semi transparent beast, shaped somewhere between a deer and a horse. Its "body" would consist of
    swirling green and gold sparkles, along with swirling leafs ). Would be very cool for my elven toons. And yes, I pulled this name/concept out of thin air. :)
  • mickwanmickwan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 43
    edited April 2014
    what they really need is a mount bag like the pets.... i been carrying too many freaking mounts around
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    Mule, Camel, Elephant, Pony

We need more ordinary mounts. There are far too many fantastical mounts about, so many that they no longer elicit any wonder. What should be a rare sight has now become common place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Somebody was actually reading my post. Griffon +1
    not that PWE needs more ideas... thus far, i have not been disappointed with their mount offerings. just today, i was sloshing along through PE when i envisioned a griffon mount.

not necessarily the one depicted above, but thinking about how the beetles flutter but don't fly and also how we won't get flying mounts, i still think having a griffon mount would be very regal. and pretty darn awesome.