What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jump in pvp = 0 damage....

13»

Comments

• kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tonyswu wrote: »
    Huh? If that's the case, how come I can't jump and "evade" Icy Terrain or Thorn Ward?

Beats me. Ask the developers how the 'hit box' actually works.

All I know is that if the Anvil of Doom example really works that way, then the system determined that you didn't hit the target because your attack did not "hit the box" -- which seems to be perfectly normal to me. You don't do damage because your weapon did not connect. Sounds reasonable.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Beats me. Ask the developers how the 'hit box' actually works.

All I know is that if the Anvil of Doom example really works that way, then the system determined that you didn't hit the target because your attack did not "hit the box" -- which seems to be perfectly normal to me. You don't do damage because your weapon did not connect. Sounds reasonable.

It sounds anything but reasonable. If a target is within melee range, and I am facing it, and it's not dodging, it needs to be hit. That's reasonable.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tonyswu wrote: »
    It sounds anything but reasonable. If a target is within melee range, and I am facing it, and it's not dodging, it needs to be hit. That's reasonable.

But your weapon never hit the target. You said yourself in such cases (like jumping AoD) the position of the weapon is above the target, did u not?

Are you saying a weapon that did not make contact with the target, still should be able to register damage, and that's reasonable?

For the record, the same thing happens with targeted ranged attacks every day. The target is near max range, you attack, he walks out of the range, and poof, your attack fails. A TR goes into ShadowStrike motion to throw his weapon, just at the moment the target walks behind on obstacle. Bam. SS fails to hit, it goes into recharge.

I'm not exactly seeing a problem here.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think the best solution is for everyone to learn to jump? It adds a layer of much-needed skillfulness in PvP in a game where your input so often has so little to do with your success...
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kolevra wrote: »
    I think the best solution is for everyone to learn to jump? It adds a layer of much-needed skillfulness in PvP in a game where your input so often has so little to do with your success...

If skilled and timed, but when the best results tend to come from sporadic and random jumping fired frequently it takes away from what potential could be there.
  • glowingemberglowingember Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes. This has been something hat has been talked about in the forums for awhile. Could the devs plz mke an open and honest ruling on it because its making people upset.
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    But your weapon never hit the target. You said yourself in such cases (like jumping AoD) the position of the weapon is above the target, did u not?

Are you saying a weapon that did not make contact with the target, still should be able to register damage, and that's reasonable?

For the record, the same thing happens with targeted ranged attacks every day. The target is near max range, you attack, he walks out of the range, and poof, your attack fails. A TR goes into ShadowStrike motion to throw his weapon, just at the moment the target walks behind on obstacle. Bam. SS fails to hit, it goes into recharge.

I'm not exactly seeing a problem here.

If it's intended, then they need to make it consistent. Why is the same effect not applying to GWF's powers such as IBS or take down or not so fast (I could jump above the arc and skill get hit)? When is the same effect not applying to CW's or HR's skills? If it's consistent across the board, then fine. If it's not, it's a bug.