test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jump in pvp = 0 damage....

js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
I heard this was not a bug in previous threads....
I don't want to bring an old threads from 1 year ago back to life so here we are....
I would like to start this discussion as the new module comming out soon is mostly pvp based.

Personaly, i think that it should not be like it is right now.

1: It just give 0 damage randomly, sometimes does, sometimes doesn't ?
2: Why provide a dodge mechanics if jumping does the same ?
3: Give an unfair advantage to people with fast at-wills or encounter (long casting encouter/at-will prevent the player from jumping around like a monkey)

Want people impression on this (i know lot of people will be like '' you're bad its just cuz ya can't jump bro haha '', those people can keep their comment for themself!

Other than want to discuss like adult and say their impression would be realy apreciated!
Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

Post edited by js3b on

Comments

• Options
    calous78calous78 Banned Users Posts: 95
    edited March 2014
    Oh and the 0 damage thing is probably bark shield man, google it.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    If I read that right you are saying jumping causes people to receive zero damage?

That is not true.

The main advantage to jumping is it makes you harder to target. It does not supply and direct damage modifiers.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    calous78 wrote: »
    Oh and the 0 damage thing is probably bark shield man, google it.
    well i don't have barkshield on my character and when i jump i see red 0, why ?

• Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    js3b wrote: »
    well i don't have barkshield on my character and when i jump i see red 0, why ?

i remember a few hunters who jumped circles around my rogue. made my lashing and 3 impacts (pre-tenacity) do no damage at all, but i didn't notice a dodge animation mid-jump and no dodge/damage text came up at all. i could only hit them with at-wills since they somehow dodged everything else mid-jump.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    i remember a few hunters who jumped circles around my rogue. made my lashing and 3 impacts (pre-tenacity) do no damage at all, but i didn't notice a dodge animation mid-jump. i could only hit them with at-wills since they somehow dodged everything else mid-jump.

the dodge will be follow by a ''dodged'' not by a Yellow 0. I know thats what im saying exactly...

• Options
    edited March 2014
    u quoted me too quick b4 i could edit it xD

and there was no text.....at all. i simply missed with all 4 attacks and got no logs of it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    u quoted me too quick b4 i could edit it xD

and there was no text.....at all. i simply missed with all 4 attacks and got no logs of it.

Might be, lashing blade is pretty tricky on his miss/touch mechanics, idk about the impact tho.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    If I read that right you are saying jumping causes people to receive zero damage?

That is not true.

The main advantage to jumping is it makes you harder to target. It does not supply and direct damage modifiers.

then where does all those 0 come from. I have em on me when i jump even if i dont jump and have in no way naything that could provide a full protection like barkshield or else..

• Options
    edited March 2014
    impact is what makes it iffy. even attacking a damage-immune rogue generates logs, but i got nothing on how those hunters dodged without generating a log.
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    In Street Fighter when you jump you evade ground attacks. It should be implemented here. Icy terrain, you jump, the DoT is halfed. Weapon master strike (horizontal move with the sword), you sit, the damage is halfed.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    That ahs nothing to do with the currect situation, i want to know why jumping give 0 on damage

• Options
    calous78calous78 Banned Users Posts: 95
    edited March 2014
    That ahs nothing to do with the currect situation, i want to know why jumping give 0 on damage

You've been answered, a few times now.

So I'll just give you the answer you want: it's hax people are cheating. Jumping is going to be removed from the game in mod 3 so people stop exploiting it.

(Not really)

Don't worry though, mods will be through to remove my post soon, then you can continue on :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    calous78 wrote: »
    You've been answered, a few times now.

So I'll just give you the answer you want: it's hax people are cheating. Jumping is going to be removed from the game in mod 3 so people stop exploiting it.

(Not really)

Don't worry though, mods will be through to remove my post soon, then you can continue on :)

No one answered as where the 0 come from, sometimes have 10 in a row, on me or other while jumping w/o barkshield. Thanks a lot for you continuous help on answering forum question with all your super all mighty knowledge (not)

• Options
    drsconedrscone Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What text do you see in the combat log? It usually gives some form of reason / source for such things.
    Tele Savalas, Dwarf Thaumaturge CW
    Putting the Buff into Debuff since 2013 \o/ (Does that even make sense)?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    drscone wrote: »
    What text do you see in the combat log? It usually gives some form of reason / source for such things.

ill try to check that :)

• Options
    irked01irked01 Banned Users Posts: 91
    edited March 2014
    I heard this was not a bug in previous threads....
    I don't want to bring an old threads from 1 year ago back to life so here we are....
    I would like to start this discussion as the new module comming out soon is mostly pvp based.

Personaly, i think that it should not be like it is right now.

1: It just give 0 damage randomly, sometimes does, sometimes doesn't ?
    2: Why provide a dodge mechanics if jumping does the same ?
    3: Give an unfair advantage to people with fast at-wills or encounter (long casting encouter/at-will prevent the player from jumping around like a monkey)

Want people impression on this (i know lot of people will be like '' you're bad its just cuz ya can't jump bro haha '', those people can keep their comment for themself!

Other than want to discuss like adult and say their impression would be realy apreciated!

I don't know what you are talking about I have run into many people who jump and I have never NOT done any damage to them. Jumping does NOTHING to save them from me. However if this is happening it needs to be fixed but again I have not seen any evidence of this bug or exploit you are talking about.
  • Options
    froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I don't know if this can be true, somewhat true or totally false. But just yesterday I ran into 2 different people who were jumping more than they kept their feet on the ground. Especially this one guy, I've never seen such a jumping kiter coward. And he did get away from us a lot. He had a white unicorn mount and as far as I know that only comes with a paid for in real money package deal. So I assumed that he was just stacked to the brim with 10's and 3 legendary artifacts etc. This was at lvl 40-49 pvp and he was a HR. I'm used to kiters, but he was in a league of his own. Like a rabbit shot up with adrenaline he was. Didn't check to see what and if I did any damage when he was doing his jumping dance away from me. Something is up with the jumping though. I will start jumping too!
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There seems to be a bug, Sometimes the FS of my GWF is ignored by jumping players and no, they did neither resist, ITC nor dodge.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    asterotg wrote: »
    There seems to be a bug, Sometimes the FS of my GWF is ignored by jumping players and no, they did neither resist, ITC nor dodge.

- halfling racial resist
    - lag

Other untested possibilities:

- dwarf
    - very high Wisdom

I jump a lot on my Tiefling but never resisted any prones, ever, including FLS.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The trend I've noticed is that all the players who think they are good seems to be jumping a lot. It's almost like the more you spend, the more you jump? trollol
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    The trend I've noticed is that all the players who think they are good seems to be jumping a lot. It's almost like the more you spend, the more you jump? trollol

Nah, it just allows you to do useful stuff while in air.

It's practical.
  • Options
    rittzbitzrittzbitz Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    It could be fall damage, and since you're jumping, it's not a long fall, hence no damage.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    pers3phone wrote: »
    - halfling racial resist
    - lag

Other untested possibilities:

- dwarf
    - very high Wisdom

I jump a lot on my Tiefling but never resisted any prones, ever, including FLS.

Well i jump a lot and see the damage/cc resist it can bring.. So basicly you're saying that it can be LAG that cause a cc resist ? nah i doubt it.. I dont usualy lag. I also check the combat log and it say ''skill name that should damage (0 damage)'' that when i have no deflect or any other damage resist mather on me''

asterotg wrote: »

Yea seen that happen while playing as my gwf also, it need to be looked at by people other than jumpers :P

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Well i jump a lot and see the damage/cc resist it can bring..

Do you have high Wisdom? Are you halfling or a dwarf?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Do you have high Wisdom? Are you halfling or a dwarf?

half orc/human with low wisdom..

• Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Get us a vid.

The things I've learned from 20 years of PvP/forums experience is;

(1) people have faulty/prejudiced/biased memory of what really happened -- they remember things as they want to, not as what really happened

(2) people have a tendency to lie -- just for the sake of argument people will make things up

(3) people don't really know anything about just what exactly happened -- almost every case of strange, weird, "hack", "cheats" accusations simply stem from lack of knowledge

So, with no disrespectful intent to the OP, first get us a video of the said event, then will judge just what it is.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Get us a vid.

The things I've learned from 20 years of PvP/forums experience is;

(1) people have faulty/prejudiced/biased memory of what really happened -- they remember things as they want to, not as what really happened

(2) people have a tendency to lie -- just for the sake of argument people will make things up

(3) people don't really know anything about just what exactly happened -- almost every case of strange, weird, "hack", "cheats" accusations simply stem from lack of knowledge

So, with no disrespectful intent to the OP, first get us a video of the said event, then will judge just what it is.

OP did not say anything about cheating or hacking or whatever, or i would be in the bug section if that would be the case :)

The reason i did a thread about it is because lot of people from my guild realised that jumping people would get lot of 0 on them and that when they jumped they could see 0 appears on them.

I don't have any recording programs and i am not intending to get one, i will definately provide the combat log as soon as i can tho :)

• Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The reason i did a thread about it is because lot of people from my guild realised that jumping people would get lot of 0 on them and that when they jumped they could see 0 appears on them.

So you say.

Unfortunately, the rest of us have no idea if there is something really strange, or you guys are just confused about something perfectly normal. We'd like to believe you, but as per the reasons described in the above post, without factual evidence about what you're exactly talking about, anything we say or discuss is likely meaningless. It literally could be anything. We're talking blind here.

I don't have any recording programs and i am not intending to get one, i will definately provide the combat log as soon as i can tho :)

If its happening as often as you claim, you should be seeing in it any match. Combat log is good evidence, but it cannot be cross-referenced and checked without visual evidence. We'd really like to see just what you are talking about here.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Nah, it just allows you to do useful stuff while in air.

It's practical.

Funny how the paying customers seem to be more.. ehrm, practical, than the rest. What kind of useful stuff are you up to in the air? Reading a book or cooking spaghetti? :D And yes, both of those are useful. :>