What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Icewind Dale PvE Campaign

1235»

Comments

• cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I just ran it again and they all seem to be level 61 , what mobs are level 59 in need for mead?

Was the same for me, all the mobs were lvl 61.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I just ran it again and they all seem to be level 61 , what mobs are level 59 in need for mead?

adn3ao.jpg
    http://oi59.tinypic.com/adn3ao.jpg

Those guys at the back.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    frishter wrote: »

Those guys at the back.

Ahh right , sorry lol , that is the only group i don't go near I just use a singularity on them and the ones in the middle all at once.

Suggestion - level 59 mobs are no good in this instance , especially when every other mob is lvl 61
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Bug: Wrong Bounty in The Need for Mead
    Enemies in the quest instance The Need for Mead are dropping Onyx Fragments from the Dread Ring. They should be dropping Kessel's Sigils.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can't say how much I dislike the limitation of three quests per zone per day. By the time Icewind Dale hits live, I'll be having eight to ten eligible characters and have to run the quests each and every day. In Sharandar and Dread Ring, I collected quests over three days or even a week and did them collectively with 1-3 chars a day, which heavily eased the grind and took away a lot of redundancy (boring!).

I don't see a downside of piling up the quests and you still have to do the daily for Reputation on each char anyway.
  • zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I logged onto preview again to see if the bug with being unable to select my second boon from the pve campaign had been fixed. I was still unable to select the reward boon, even though it says to collect my reward. I click it, the boon screens comes up, but the second rank is still dimmed and I'm unable to choose a boon from the second tier. The top of this screen even indicates I still have a boon to select.

Is this fixed for other people yet and/or will it require me to delete and recopy my hunter ranger and start over?
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    They are seriously going to have to buff the Dwarven Valley encounters, I have now been through these and with a 15.8k gs they are getting really weak.

If they're that easy with that kind of a gear score before we even get to the Black Ice gear... they are way underpowered. You may want to keep the "bugged" versions of the Heroic Encounters in Icewind Pass. That's the challenge level you're going to need in this thing. Shocking as it may seem. These things are going to have to be tougher to withstand players facerolling them in high geared situations like the Black Ice Armor.

Most of these Heroic Encounters are designed around a 12k gs and about 2-3 players but even they're going to faceroll these if a 15k gs player can solo them. You're going to need to up the challenge level of the HEs in Dwarven Valley.
    edited April 2014
    They are seriously going to have to buff the Dwarven Valley encounters, I have now been through these and with a 15.8k gs they are getting really weak.

If they're that easy with that kind of a gear score before we even get to the Black Ice gear... they are way underpowered. You may want to keep the "bugged" versions of the Heroic Encounters in Icewind Pass. That's the challenge level you're going to need in this thing. Shocking as it may seem. These things are going to have to be tougher to withstand players facerolling them in high geared situations like the Black Ice Armor.

Most of these Heroic Encounters are designed around a 12k gs and about 2-3 players but even they're going to faceroll these if a 15k gs player can solo them. You're going to need to up the challenge level of the HEs in Dwarven Valley.

You must only be talking about the 2-3 man HE. Anything needing 3+, you are not going to solo in Dwarven Valley, nope just not going to happen.

However your a CW so all the 2-3 man HE should be easy with a GS of 15+....hell those should be easy for any 15k+ GS.

I have no issue with soloing the "bugged" HE versions in IWP, none whatsoever as a HR. If your suggesting they keep them that is fine but the other waves need to match the 175k HPs and thier DPS output...not as is...first wave they have 175k HPs each and have high DPS any waves after that they only have 35k HPs and hit you with feathers.
  • silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    You must only be talking about the 2-3 man HE. Anything needing 3+, you are not going to solo in Dwarven Valley, nope just not going to happen.

However your a CW so all the 2-3 man HE should be easy with a GS of 15+....hell those should be easy for any 15k+ GS.

I have no issue with soloing the "bugged" HE versions in IWP, none whatsoever as a HR. If your suggesting they keep them that is fine but the other waves need to match the 175k HPs and thier DPS output...not as is...first wave they have 175k HPs each and have high DPS any waves after that they only have 35k HPs and hit you with feathers.

Well the point I was bringing up is that the HE 2-3 man encouters are designed for a 12k GS team. Ergo... a 15k character should be able to solo them.... but with difficulty.

But if they are a pushover for a solo 15k character, then they will be a pushover for a 2-3 party of 12k's as well. And given that we are looking at Black Ice gear as the eventual outcome of this zone... it means they need to be upgraded to be harder for 2-3 12k gs party, currently they will not be.

I do agree that the bugged HE versions in IWP are ... despite apparently being bugged... the correct challenge level. The Dwarven Vale ones are not.

You are right though, the 3-5 man encounters and the 6-10 man encounters are correct. I can solo the 3-5 mans and was able to do so on the Chilltooth Trolls and the Corrupted Dwarven ones... however the mobs there have so much health that I was not able to do enough damage to kill them all in time. And it is incredibly hard to solo them. That looks to be about the right challenge, so I'll agree with you here.
    edited April 2014
    SERIOUS BUG

Raid the Raiders in IWP drops the T1 PvP Brutal Hunter Gauntlets for Hunter Rangers instead of Black ice gloves.

Beholder in DV drops the T1 PvP Bow of the Brutal Hunter for Hunter Rangers instead of the Black ICe Bow
  • shadowstriker29shadowstriker29 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can the (super genius) devs to make the Ice Pass map to not be soo laggy?Because seems in the server because of lags i cant even to move!The map sucks!How you will play when you cant even to move?
  • bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    terramak wrote: »
    That's a good point of feedback. What do you think would make you interested in going back to Sharandar and the Dread Ring? I feel the following are still draws toward playing through Malabog's Castle and Valindra's Tower, but I'm sure not everyone is drawn to the same things.
    • Artifacts, e.g. Shard of Valindra's Crown
    • Gearing out friends in preparation for Icewind Dale
    • Collection completion
    • Achievements
    • Weapon / Armor enchantment shards

Is there anything else you think would draw you back to Sharandar / Dread Ring? How long do you feel is long enough before it's okay for a zone to become sub-optimal to play through?

Also note that the third Boon from either the Sharandar or the Dread Ring campaign is required to enter Icewind Dale at all.

personaly i did the long grind thru both sharandar and dread ring to get the boons ,and after 40+ MC runs finally got the formorian fabled swordknot to go with the sword (which i gave up trying to get fragments to make and bought them at AH in the end),frankly the quests are boring and terribly repeatative and doing the same dungeons over and over isnt worth the effort when you cant beat the last boss without a high gs team.
    The new artifacts that i can only get by repeating the grind thru sharandar and dread ring simply are not worth the effort.
    if you want more experienced players to level new toons then i suggest that the xp etc normally gained to towards completeing Sharandar/dread ring grind be normal for first toon then increased by 25% 2nd toon and anouther 30% 3rd toon
    so that it takes less time and repititions of the quests to complete on aditional toons after the first cause frankly i have no intention of repeating that all so i can play a different class. secondly the formorian fabled items and fallen dragon items from MC and VT should NOT be BOP instead they should be Bound Account so only the person that won it can use it but so they can use it on an alt toon if it suits a different class than the one you were using when you aquired the loot.
    Secondly the whole M3 is a flop in my view cause its a complete copy of the sharandar /dread ring grind and the encounters suck ive done over 60 epic encounters and got one epic item ,the instances are constantly swamped by people farming epic encounters so noone has any chance of getting a good item.And to add insult to injury there isnt a single new dungeon in sight !
  • arianrrhodarianrrhod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This Rogue is about to quit your game. over 50 remo's prospector, raid the raider and beholders. no gloves no dagger. This game is no longer fun. When all your time and effort has been fruitless.... What's the point of continuing?
    I have only seen one beholder today, one prospector. NO Remo, No Raiders! I have been playing your game for 8 hrs today! What a huge waste of time! Even the ones I did participate in, no gloves, no dagger! I am beyond angry! That with all my time and effort, It should never be this hard for a player to get an item that is REQUIRED! In order to progress! Bad Move guys!
  • djdead71djdead71 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I really wish you would get more daily rep or a faster cool down, 10 points per day seem really slow.