Official Feedback Thread: Ranger Paragon Path: Pathfinder

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    Rain of Arrows

Uhhh yeah good luck getting all of this stuff on 3 players and keeping it on them without having any CC against them in any way.

In real terms in PvE against basic NPC's I found the build very hard to keep everything up, I ended up making my settup much more simple to make it more viable in real combat where things actually move about and attack you. If you have perma shift how the hell are you using all this other stuff? You're making a bigger thing than you should about this, careful attack only procs every second or so if I am correct. It also procs off any damage on the enemy, not just your own damage.
    cayapp wrote: »
    Potential BUG
    Slasher's Mark has a 2% Guard gain for HRs which does not make sense. I just noticed this.

You mean on the tooltip? That's because this is a debuff that affects your entire team not just you. A GF using any DOT's he may be able to get his hands on will be able to keep his guard up very easily especially if he is using the feat that hits damage back when things hit you while your shield is up. The new path for HR is made as a debuffer to help out his team with debuffs not just himself.
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    Boars charge is still REALLY bad, it prones the CASTER for a second after casting, they cannot move, cast, or dodge for over half the duration of the prone on the enemy. Until this is fixed it will still be the WORST prone currently in the game.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Boars charge is still REALLY bad, it prones the CASTER for a second after casting, they cannot move, cast, or dodge for over half the duration of the prone on the enemy. Until this is fixed it will still be the WORST prone currently in the game.

That's how it currently works. I'd love to see them remove that post-CC where you stand there looking dumb, but I'll take any kind of prone vs. not having one anyday. It's not always about what you can do to follow-up, it's also about what your team can do. So they can kill the guy while you're standing there looking dumb.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Uhhh yeah good luck getting all of this stuff on 3 players and keeping it on them without having any CC against them in any way.

Rain of Arrows is an example given used on stationary dummies. Another skill that is more leaning towards practical use is Rapid Shot/Rapid Strike and Split Shot. Good luck avoiding these stuff while the ranger builds a 100% daily every 5 seconds.
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    Rain of Arrows is an example given used on stationary dummies. Another skill that is more leaning towards practical use is Rapid Shot/Rapid Strike and Split Shot. Good luck avoiding these stuff while the ranger builds a 100% daily every 5 seconds.

Your entire argument was saying that the new melee at-will was giving too much AP and now you're saying you may as well not use it? And FYI I wouldn't stop using aimed shot / strike as that's where most of my damage currently is on live (And I am using the current split shot) so... Yeah. Not to mention you can't get a daily up in 5 seconds constantly while spamming shift while using this stuff. It's almost as if you're just trying to troll here so I give up on it, your posts are now contradicting themselves. We'll see how things are when the changes hit live nothing can be changed until a later fix if it really does become a problem.

EDIT: It wasn't in patch notes but crush actually managed to fix careful attack for the release date. It seems that careful attack now only goes on 1 target at a time like it should be which I think balances this at-will and makes it more tactical.
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Your entire argument was saying that the new melee at-will was giving too much AP and now you're saying you may as well not use it? And FYI I wouldn't stop using aimed shot / strike as that's where most of my damage currently is on live (And I am using the current split shot) so... Yeah. Not to mention you can't get a daily up in 5 seconds constantly while spamming shift while using this stuff. It's almost as if you're just trying to troll here so I give up on it, your posts are now contradicting themselves. We'll see how things are when the changes hit live nothing can be changed until a later fix if it really does become a problem.

EDIT: It wasn't in patch notes but crush actually managed to fix careful attack for the release date. It seems that careful attack now only goes on 1 target at a time like it should be which I think balances this at-will and makes it more tactical.

You either are not paying attention or you just dont understand the whole concept of the matter, and just looking for arguments where there isnt any. I'm sorry I'm not in a good mood to tolerate you today. But for the sake of clarity, which you obviously don't see:

Careful Attack - study the target to mark them for a long period, so that every time the target is damaged, this mark also damages the target, giving Action Points.

Rapid Shot - after marking the target, this is the reliable way to keep triggering the effect of Careful Attack.

@Devs

Thank you for fixing the bug where Careful Attack/Hunter's Teamwork affects multiple targets. Now it does exactly what it says on the tooltip and an only have one designated target at a time. It's really good to know that you actually read the Report Bug tickets. Cheers!

@mrhinkypunk

No more further argument, coz he's just going to find something to criticize or whatever, without even trying to understand what he actually read.
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    That's how it currently works. I'd love to see them remove that post-CC where you stand there looking dumb, but I'll take any kind of prone vs. not having one anyday. It's not always about what you can do to follow-up, it's also about what your team can do. So they can kill the guy while you're standing there looking dumb.

Regardless of this being the current incarnation of the ability on live and test, it is still counter-intuitive to be the only prone that also prones the caster.

My four part wishlist fixes for HR's ASAP

~The above quality of life fix for Boars Charge

~Marauders escape should work on an encline/decline/while jumping

~Thorn ward should hit TR's that are stealthed before entering the red area. Currently it shows where the tr is, goes through the pulsing animation, and does dmg IF the TR is revealed in the area then enters stealth, but if the TR enters the red from stealth it doesn't and that seems buggy to me.

~Ambush from pathfinder, the large bush should not be visible to enemies in pvp or else the power is useless (for pvp)

Just my wish list.
  • Options
    vibo21vibo21 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You are AWESOME...how it is possible that while introducing new HR path, u didn;t give free respec for HRs ?

• Options
    syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Congratz Mr gentlemancrush.

u have destroyed the HR class, not only a not necessary 25% lesser DPS on split shot, but also change as split shot work... now is pure garbage both for PVE and PVP

Best Lucky with continue buff the GWF fpr this game :)
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
  • Options
    kassophakassopha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5
    edited May 2014
    I wrote earlier about about being a proud combat hunter ranger, a few pages back before mod 3 launch. I never got to work out how to access preview server but I have been playing my HR again since Mod 3.

I'm liking a lot of the changes including the nerf to split shot that gave so much dps for low skill and low action execution. The epitome of this would be the HR that sits on a rock in Dread legion expecting the party to pull adds to them or draws the boss away because of their DPS while the rest of the party are in the thick of the fight timing carefully their encounters. How could that be just?

I for one appreciate the effort that went into designing this dual wielding class and enjoy pushing my toon to the limits of what it can do, maxing its damage output in range and melee through encounters and at-wills. The versatility of the class makes it a hard class to drop, especially since the changes in mod 3.

Need to dps in melee and avoid getting hit? Clear the ground could be the fastest at-will in the game enabling you to adjust your position slightly or shift further. With the recent buff I find its quite viable. With solid red showing up, shift more and resume range dps. Electric shot keeps the action going too with a fast cast time and moderate dmg. Of course we would always like more damage but its fair that players work and use their skill to get the that.

Want to be extra effective in party through DPS? The class now has 2 bleeds that can crit, unlike the GWF, in rain of swords and aimed strike. I was thinking a slow might be good, but I'm happy with the bleed and being able to proc rampaging madness without blue plague fire. With respect to PVP, fitting rapid strike and aimed strike cant be bad. Constricting is pretty good against the squishier classes but everybody knew that.

Want to give team extra survivability and dps? Stag heart and Oak Skin. The healing buffs are just enough to compliment Cleric heals or add a little support to a party that doesn't need much. This can also help a cleric to focus on debuffs too, for further party damage and faster runs. As an after though I'd say that the oak skin heal to team mates wasn't too appealing. I noticed it healed my alliy CW for 100 hp a tick, while i healed for 500. I think it could be more to be considered a significant heal, perhaps devs considered the defence buff was good enough.

Those have been my immediate thoughts and feelings on HR since the change. Trying out Pathfinder is a trickier thing. I can see that the bear trap would be a cool way to land RoA in theory.

I would also like to applaud the change to the full profound HR outfit. It is amazing and a fitting way to fall in love with my HR all over again.

Thank you very much devs and designers.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    syn100 wrote: »
    Congratz Mr gentlemancrush.

u have destroyed the HR class, not only a not necessary 25% lesser DPS on split shot, but also change as split shot work... now is pure garbage both for PVE and PVP

Best Lucky with continue buff the GWF fpr this game :)

Still better than a GF
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Everyone who says that HRs are bad are really just not a smart player in this game.

To the DEVs:

I dont know if this was intentional or not, but the 4/4 t2 and t2/5 PVP gear which heals % of HP on a deflect is not affected by healing depression and synergizes STUPIDLY well with the forest meditation daily because somehow DOTs can be deflected. I cant tell how many times I have got an HR to about 5% HP, he meditates and just because of my DOTs he heals back to over 80% from that.

Its just stupid.... If you say hunters are bad in pvp - your doing it wrong.
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Everyone who says that HRs are bad are really just not a smart player in this game.

To the DEVs:

I dont know if this was intentional or not, but the 4/4 t2 and t2/5 PVP gear which heals % of HP on a deflect is not affected by healing depression and synergizes STUPIDLY well with the forest meditation daily because somehow DOTs can be deflected. I cant tell how many times I have got an HR to about 5% HP, he meditates and just because of my DOTs he heals back to over 80% from that.

Its just stupid.... If you say hunters are bad in pvp - your doing it wrong.
    also the 'chance to heal' is completly wrong it seems like it proc on every deflect, atlast give it ICD of 10 sec or something
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    also the 'chance to heal' is completly wrong it seems like it proc on every deflect, atlast give it ICD of 10 sec or something

DEVs already addressed this set is getting a fix.

The Chance WAS 75% its getting nerfed to 50% and an ICD of 2 sec, it will also be hurt by healing depression.

But yes, HRs touting "but its a chance!" Well 75% chance to proc - when it can proc off all DOTs was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Great job getting the only class that can realistically contend with the GWF a nerf.

Even as a GWF myself, I understand the need for something to be out there that keeps us in check.

But no, people had to QQ until there will be just GWFs and 15K+ IBSs left in this game.

Have fun trolling PvP in your 3-5 GWF comps forever... but I ask, where's the challenge?
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Great job getting the only class that can realistically contend with the GWF a nerf.

Even as a GWF myself, I understand the need for something to be out there that keeps us in check.

But no, people had to QQ until there will be just GWFs and 15K+ IBSs left in this game.

Have fun trolling PvP in your 3-5 GWF comps forever... but I ask, where's the challenge?

Challange ? They play Gwf for a reason -They DO NOT want a challange - simple as that.

Now they stack 3-4 bis Gwfs in same team so they make sure everthing dies in one fast cc and they can move on to next target -priceless what some does to feel good in a game ...........
  • Options
    innerworldinnerworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    DEVs already addressed this set is getting a fix.

The Chance WAS 75% its getting nerfed to 50% and an ICD of 2 sec, it will also be hurt by healing depression.

But yes, HRs touting "but its a chance!" Well 75% chance to proc - when it can proc off all DOTs was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

complaining about HR being OP, no, you're doing it wrong...