What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Ranger Paragon Path: Pathfinder

Comments

• Options
    kindwarfkindwarf Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    you just have to use your imagination lol, what he said is perfectly reasonable. Honestly you should be ignoring stupid people who dont want your hr its thier loss.

And really, weapon masters strike? Yeah its a good ability but its not thier best move not by a long shot and wms doesnt hit anywhere near as hard as a split shot from the same gs and enchant.

I've never thought of the hr as a "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" or "unplayable" in any sense; I've always had fun with all 3 of mine all of which play completely different. The problem is everybody's a critic and most aren't very good critics either; thusly is the age of the internet.

The hr is what you choose to make of it: it can be dps, it can be support, it can be a tankish class with fast and numerous attacks with great evasion for all three it can also easily mix these roles too which is something no other class can really do. It's really up to you to choose what the hr does well; there isnt a clear cut way to play which is why there is no real cookie cutter build which is applause worthy imo.

They arent likely to just come out and tell you what to do with it; figure it out, it is not that hard. It's pretty bad that people need to hear what you have to do with it from a dev and besides they are still figuring it out so It's not like they have a clear HD 1080p picture of the hr's future either if they did they wouldnt need our feedback so basically speculation is all anyone has and even if they did would you really be able to accept thier answer?

maybe if electric shot was slightly faster people would also want to use it. It takes around 1.6 seconds from activation to first fire again to second and again from second to third maybe cut that time in half or by 30%.

Why do you people always want to speak on behalf of the devs?

Ignoring stupid people is proving very hard, and I havn't mentioned people not wanting my HR.. Please do read what is written, and not what you THINK is written.

What "he" says is in no way reasonable because "he" is answering a question put to the dev's, one that "he" cant answer as "he" is NOT a dev.

WMS is the staple of nearly all GWF builds, as DF is to the Trickster Rogue. I also play a GWF and a rogue and have studied other players builds. This is why i only mentioned those classes, but i suspect that the other classes have a "Go to" at will power also. I wasn't comparing damage done for at wills between classes, that is in itself a pointless exercise, I was just merely pointing out that all classes have At will powers that are used more than any other.

I didn't say the HR was a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I was using an analogy to describe the mild buffing of useless powers...
    I haven't considered the HR unplayable either, until I tested the nerfs (and "Buffs") on the preview shard. I consider the HR in Mod 3 to be unplayable, however. You can try to argue that as much as you like, it is my opinion and I'm entitled to it. (I'm also right, which I'm sure you will come to appreciate.)

Thank you for your appraisal of the many facets of the HR class.. I'm well aware of the capabilities of the class, having been playing them since their release. I wasn't asking for a build from the dev's (or you for that matter) I was merely asking the Devs (not the players...) why they feel the need to tamper with the class in the first place.

It's very simple really. If you are not a Dev, please don't bother trying to answer me, because obviously, you are as much in the dark as me.

Trolls be gone, Thank you.
  • Options
    mrhinkypunkmrhinkypunk Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    maybe if electric shot was slightly faster people would also want to use it. It takes around 1.6 seconds from activation to first fire again to second and again from second to third maybe cut that time in half or by 30%.

I would agree with this. It mainly seems to be a delay after using the power that also stops you from moving, I havn't experimented enough with it to try shift canceling the delay like you can do with split shot in PvP but the delay is too long after using the power even jumping while using it will put a short self root on yourself. But I agree with what was said here as a suggestion.

I do not care for insults being thrown my way by the way kindwarf, I will speak my opinion and I'll say what I believe Crush's plans here may be. I'm sorry that you are offended by that. Thing is I know from the long time I've spent over in Champions Online that crush likes to have long term plans for things.

Is there still no word on changing ambush at all so that it isn't removed on DOT's and a few other problems that were raised with this power such as it not being usable with aimed shot? (as well as aimed strike really as that's a dot) As it is currently despite always wanting a trap power, the ranged power that it comes with is simply too pointless other than for when engaging combat for me personally.
  • Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    leillanna wrote: »
    That is simply fabulous news. Thank you devs for listening to all the feedback given over these last few weeks. Now for those upcoming changes later down the road. This is also a no brainer. You make archery a pure ranged tree with NO buffs at all to anything melee. You make combat a pure melee tree with no buffs to anything at all ranged. You then dump the entire concept of the travesty that is the nature tree because it's just bad and you make the bottom tree the ranged/melee combo tree. For all those folks who wanted to be a buff bot, just put in a druid class!! BUt...not before a Paladin class ok? Just so we're clear on that. Paly first!!

No Druid first please :(
  • Options
    masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited April 2014
    kindwarf wrote: »

Ignoring stupid people is proving very hard, and I havn't mentioned people not wanting my HR.. Please do read what is written, and not what you THINK is written.

What "he" says is in no way reasonable because "he" is answering a question put to the dev's, one that "he" cant answer as "he" is NOT a dev.

WMS is the staple of nearly all GWF builds, as DF is to the Trickster Rogue. I also play a GWF and a rogue and have studied other players builds. This is why i only mentioned those classes, but i suspect that the other classes have a "Go to" at will power also. I wasn't comparing damage done for at wills between classes, that is in itself a pointless exercise, I was just merely pointing out that all classes have At will powers that are used more than any other.

I didn't say the HR was a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I was using an analogy to describe the mild buffing of useless powers...
    I haven't considered the HR unplayable either, until I tested the nerfs (and "Buffs") on the preview shard. I consider the HR in Mod 3 to be unplayable, however. You can try to argue that as much as you like, it is my opinion and I'm entitled to it. (I'm also right, which I'm sure you will come to appreciate.)

Thank you for your appraisal of the many facets of the HR class.. I'm well aware of the capabilities of the class, having been playing them since their release. I wasn't asking for a build from the dev's (or you for that matter) I was merely asking the Devs (not the players...) why they feel the need to tamper with the class in the first place.

It's very simple really. If you are not a Dev, please don't bother trying to answer me, because obviously, you are as much in the dark as me.

Trolls be gone, Thank you.

Trolls.... Everyone must be a troll if not a dev I guess, oh well can't save em all. So's you know I wasnt insulting your opinion or thoughts i don't care enough to do that I wasn't even completely talking to you. You cant really say you are right about anything if you are asking questions, because you're asking questions that automatically means you don't know. Fighting people over the answer or lack of an answer by developers IS useless. Not calling you ignorant or stupid though feel free to think that or that i am, I dont care.

And I actually use the moves that many people consider useless, yet I do just fine. They could use some improvements but the moves themselves are basically solid more so now that they are buffed which was the goal from what they have been doing making "useless" powers less "useless". They are likely "tampering" with the HR because they will be "tampering" with every class, so sayeth the devs.

I'm not that "in the dark" because I happen to see and look at things differently than most plus I know some things about development I'm not just a gamer though it is all I do. I don't just panic at the mere mention of nerf. I think for myself not wait for some developer to hopefully tell me what is going on.

no gwf thats any good relies solely on wms, they use all thier powers which cant be said about the ranger for most.

I also feel that no one actually puts real stock into trying to incorporate the moves deemed useless even though some might not be actually useless when used with other moves. I'm guilty of it too with steel hurricane I used it four times and then removed points from it almost immediately something i kind of regret doing.

Thinking of bear trap it would be interesting to see and pretty useful if the bear trap snapped in mid air when its hurled at an enemy not only would it make it more useable but it would also be pretty hilarious. Ambush does still need work it shouldnt be interrupted by dot as no one knows you are there. So you're bleeding or whatever though the "ambush" part of it shouldn't be interrupted by damage as long as you are sitting still it should still work as it is just a damage buff.
  • Options
    futuunfutuun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Feats:
    • Heroic:
      • Extra Action - doesn't increment Action Point gain.
    • Paragon:
      • Advanced Stalking - doesn't add snares effect to Bear Trap.

Thorn Ward is still bugged

0LQASjV.png
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    kindwarf wrote: »

Just put that guy on ignore in your cc settings.. it will make your life easier.. he just trolls spouting how great everything is. ignore makes this post so much more constructive..

On a side note

Ambush - I know you are done with any changes but can you please change how the enemy see's the GIANT GRASS in pvp. its a pretty killer power.. except the fact that Im not really stealthed with the weeds around my HR. Otherwise nice addition.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Forgive me if this sounds bitter or unpleasant, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that Split Shot isn't being nerfed to the point where a large number of HRs are forced to learn that their class has other powers. I was really looking forward to an era of HRs who actually have at least half an idea how to play their class after the initial period of unbridled rage and flaming died down.

All that aside, thank you very much gentlemancrush for the update and the news that interesting new changes are coming. Also, much thanks for leaving the buffs in even after reducing the Split Shot nerf.

leillanna wrote: »
    You then dump the entire concept of the travesty that is the nature tree because it's just bad...
    As much as I'd like to comment on this, I can't actually do it without getting banned. So I hope that's enough for you to extract the intended meaning.
  • Options
    alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    "Forgive me if this sounds bitter or unpleasant, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that Split Shot isn't being nerfed to the point where a large number of HRs are forced to learn that their class has other powers. I was really looking forward to an era of HRs who actually have at least half an idea how to play their class after the initial period of unbridled rage and flaming died down."

Hunters know they have other powers. They also know they suck in comparison. How bad do they suck? Even with the nerf, SS will still be the go to power for most situations. Don't blame bad character developement on the players.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    alisi1 wrote: »
    "Forgive me if this sounds bitter or unpleasant, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed that Split Shot isn't being nerfed to the point where a large number of HRs are forced to learn that their class has other powers. I was really looking forward to an era of HRs who actually have at least half an idea how to play their class after the initial period of unbridled rage and flaming died down."

Hunters know they have other powers. They also know they suck in comparison. How bad do they suck? Even with the nerf, SS will still be the go to power for most situations. Don't blame bad character developement on the players.

Big piles of this. I am one of those who has been using a wide range of powers from go. If you surf the Wilds you can find plenty of people telling me how 'wrong' I am for doing so. Point is even then the output from encouters is lackluster. You need split to make up the difference. And Mod3 will result in even less use of encounters because they are also nerfing StormStep.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Big piles of this. I am one of those who has been using a wide range of powers from go. If you surf the Wilds you can find plenty of people telling me how 'wrong' I am for doing so. Point is even then the output from encouters is lackluster. You need split to make up the difference. And Mod3 will result in even less use of encounters because they are also nerfing StormStep.

When I was a newbie, I used a lot of Split Shot. The other powers didn't seem to have the same strength. Then I learned that parties freaking hate HRs because they spam split shot, attract all the aggro, run all around the room and finally die. I haven't relied on Split Shot for anything since.

If you check my post history, you'll find that I main a Nature-build hybrid HR. Split usually isn't even on my bar - my At-Wills are Aimed and Rapid 90% of the time. I switch stances constantly and Aimed Shot is usually what finishes off my enemies instead of what starts the fight. In my case, the only thing Split Shot does is attract more aggro when the mob I'm targeting suddenly swings behind me mid-charge.

Hunters may know they have other powers, but I rarely ever see any using them. Instead, I see HRs all over the place doing nothing but split-shotting in groups, even when it catches them full-room aggro and gets them killed. Though, since this is Neverwinter, max DPS is the only correct way to play every class, right? Split shot, split shot, split shot, dead. That behavior is then assumed to be what every HR does.

So yes, I was looking forward to Split Shot being nerfed into the ground.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The change is as listed below:
    Hunter Ranger: Split Shot: The damage reduction on this power has been readjusted. This power now has a total reduction of about 25% (down from 48%).

Thank you all for your continued feedback!

25% makes sense and is completely justifiable. Im glad to see that the dev team listened to the players this time. TY.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    When I was a newbie, I used a lot of Split Shot. The other powers didn't seem to have the same strength. Then I learned that parties freaking hate HRs because they spam split shot, attract all the aggro, run all around the room and finally die. I haven't relied on Split Shot for anything since.

If you check my post history, you'll find that I main a Nature-build hybrid HR. Split usually isn't even on my bar - my At-Wills are Aimed and Rapid 90% of the time. I switch stances constantly and Aimed Shot is usually what finishes off my enemies instead of what starts the fight. In my case, the only thing Split Shot does is attract more aggro when the mob I'm targeting suddenly swings behind me mid-charge.

Hunters may know they have other powers, but I rarely ever see any using them. Instead, I see HRs all over the place doing nothing but split-shotting in groups, even when it catches them full-room aggro and gets them killed. Though, since this is Neverwinter, max DPS is the only correct way to play every class, right? Split shot, split shot, split shot, dead. That behavior is then assumed to be what every HR does.

Yes but if you're a good HR that can actually take some hits while killing the mobs you aggro without having to drag them to the rest of the team I find people don't mind you spamming split shot much. I find too many HR lack def and deflect which means they cant take hardly any hits.

But honestly, I think the reason most players hate HRs is the fact that HRs force them to change their tactics. So players cant just run ahead of the group to pad their dps score since HRs can agro the mobs from afar before the players get there which forces them to run back to the mob thus making them lose a lot of dps points. As an GWF player with an HR alt, I've found that when there is a HR in the teamits just easier to stand next to the HR and wait or the mobs to come to us.

Its such a simple change in tactic that it amazes me when others complain about HRs aggroing mobs too much. I personally see no difference between standing next to the HR and waiting for the mobs and standing at the spot where the CW placed AS and waiting for the mobs. Only real difference is that I don't have to guess where the HR is going to be where as a CW wont always place AS near me.

Personally, I like to set Split the sky and thorn ward right in front of me then spam split shot, 3 aoes hitting the mobs at once, normally doesn't take much to kill them all and at worse I might lose half my HP if my fawn is being <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and setting the heal circle away from me. And for what ever is left I have rapid shot.

And I do agree with about seeing HRs doing nothing but split shot and aggro every mob in sight.....but these are bad HRs with a seriously lack of skill and understanding of the class. And for the record, every class has their share of worthless players giving them a bad name lol.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    While I very much welcome the changes to Thorn Ward/Strike, I'd like to see the range of Ward increased. As a ranged encounter I would like to use it from distance but currently it is rather limited and I think it would be a huge quality-of-life improvement if the range was extended, both for pve and pvp.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    snotty wrote: »
    And I do agree with about seeing HRs doing nothing but split shot and aggro every mob in sight.....but these are bad HRs with a seriously lack of skill and understanding of the class. And for the record, every class has their share of worthless players giving them a bad name lol.
    Does it make me a terrible human being if I don't revive these people when they kill themselves?

lirithiel wrote: »
    While I very much welcome the changes to Thorn Ward/Strike, I'd like to see the range of Ward increased. As a ranged encounter I would like to use it from distance but currently it is rather limited and I think it would be a huge quality-of-life improvement if the range was extended, both for pve and pvp.
    How much more distance did you have in mind, I wonder?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    How much more distance did you have in mind, I wonder?

I dunno, maybe twice the range it has now? I wouldn't mind it being the same range as Split the Sky but that is probably being too hopeful.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited April 2014

There is anopther approach. when you draw aggro do not run all over the place like a buffoon. If you have 6 encounters ready to go, medium defensive stats, and decent life steal it is little different than a GWF grabbing the aggro and bunching everything up. Well except for the fact that mobs move toward the party bringing them into range rather than everyone trying to catch up with the sprint.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Haha, I just used fox shift for the first time ever...
  • Options
    murmazmurmaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Dev please if you are reading this just know that Split Shot was HR's ONLY dps in dungeons. We will be completely useless and unwanted in dungeons when CW do 10000% better job with CC and every other class except DC outdamages us. I spent hundreds of dollars on this game for my HR class and now you guys have ruined it. Oh and Fox Shift? Thanks for destroying our ONLY dps melee attack.
  • Options
    xushin7xushin7 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    murmaz wrote: »
    Dev please if you are reading this just know that Split Shot was HR's ONLY dps in dungeons.

You know.. thats kind of your what problem and many many other HR's was in the first place..

As much as I was against how much they were originally decreasing split shot. This is the reason why i am glad its getting toned down a bit to 25% rather than 45%

However I do agree with you on Fox Shift. I think Fox shift was more or less fine the way it was.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Maybe it's a good thing end the end. Let em all go after those bloody CWs. They deserve to be chased down and butchered.

Then comes the issue with rain of arrows, the next biggest DPS output. If you can't agro them, then it's hard to get things to stay under that aside from a boss.
  • Options
    mirestoudemirestoude Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think you buffed split shot 25% from it's current live version. My tooltip shows a max damage of 5k. It should be around 3k.

But if you want to leave it like that, that's cool too... :)
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    mirestoude wrote: »
    I think you buffed split shot 25% from it's current live version. My tooltip shows a max damage of 5k. It should be around 3k.

The Tooltip is right however it now displays correctly. The tool tip changes depending on your buffs, stats, etc...so changes a lot.
  • Options
    froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    So Stormstep will actually get nerfed by half? And more than half if you use a daily after 10 sec from using a daily. What will us HR's do when everything is on cooldown and we only have our crappy at wills for damage? Jump around hoping not to die because you have nothing offensive to throw at them?

FS never needed a nerf since it was the only burst dmg power the HR had. Meh
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    So Stormstep will actually get nerfed by half? And more than half if you use a daily after 10 sec from using a daily.

I think the devs need to revisit this idea or at least the 10-second part because it is being reported on the preview shard that Disruptive Shot is no longer affecting Stormstep Action and as far as I know it is our only daily with a cooldown close to that duration. No other daily we have can be used in that time-frame back-to-back or even two separate ones.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    mirestoude wrote: »

This is because I made a minor error in the math when I adjusted it. A fix to this will be coming soon. Possibly this week.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the replay Gentlemancrush
  • Options
    purplevalkyrie15purplevalkyrie15 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    But - sometimes mistakes are your friend!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    I think the devs need to revisit this idea or at least the 10-second part because it is being reported on the preview shard that Disruptive Shot is no longer affecting Stormstep Action and as far as I know it is our only daily with a cooldown close to that duration. No other daily we have can be used in that time-frame back-to-back or even two separate ones.

Yeah well, one dev replied to something else in the comment below yours. I have so many questions but I know from past experience that they will not get answered. I think that people overlook the massive nerf to this class feature since they are also nerfing FS and SS.

IMO the nerf to Stormstep is far bigger and worse than the SS nerf. Instead of 3 sec at max rank it will be HALF at 1.5 sec. And 0.75 sec if used too quickly?! Split Strike and the unneeded nerf to Fox aside, Stormstep 50% nerf will completely ruin my build.

:(
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    Yeah well, one dev replied to something else in the comment below yours. I have so many questions but I know from past experience that they will not get answered. I think that people overlook the massive nerf to this class feature since they are also nerfing FS and SS.

IMO the nerf to Stormstep is far bigger and worse than the SS nerf. Instead of 3 sec at max rank it will be HALF at 1.5 sec. And 0.75 sec if used too quickly?! Split Strike and the unneeded nerf to Fox aside, Stormstep 50% nerf will completely ruin my build.

:(

wah wah wah wah
    *hands tissue*
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    wah wah wah wah
    *hands tissue*

Huh? Is this not the place to voice concerns regarding the upcoming HR changes? Excuse me so much, I thought since no one else seems to notice that a key class feature for the HR is getting mauled to bits for no good reason, I would shime in with my opinion. You know, so the devs knows that they are making a huge mistake.

Thanks for your very helpful addition to the problem at hand though. Surely more of your type of comments are needed to make this thread more useful to the devs.