test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    lenchikpenchiklenchikpenchik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    Moot question, as the characters aren't gone. They've already stated that it was a networking issue, not a data issue.

How were u able to upload a picture for avatar? I don't have the option =\ Just 3 same dragons... lol
  • Options
    ratbugasmattiratbugasmatti Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dear Girls, if a guy pauses a video game just to text you back. Marry him
  • Options
    foosbootyfoosbooty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just managed to get the default Foundry character up to level 7 in Blacklake... I think I have to face facts that I'm unfortunately addicted to Neverwinter. (sigh)

How do you get to the foundry? Did you get successfully logged in first?
  • Options
    mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How were u able to upload a picture for avatar? I don't have the option =\ Just 3 same dragons... lol

i don't remember! i did it way back when i created the account.
  • Options
    kamakanidkamakanid Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    foosbooty wrote: »
    How do you get to the foundry? Did you get successfully logged in first?

The Login servers were up, the Dragon Shard was down. The Foundry is not part of the Dragon Shard. At the moment even the login server is down since they are working on restarting the last two games... STO and Neverwinter.
  • Options
    lenchikpenchiklenchikpenchik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    i don't remember! i did it way back when i created the account.

Darn it...
  • Options
    greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Just above that there should be the option to upload a pic.

*edit* I just uploaded mine a few hours ago
    I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
  • Options
    okeepheokeephe Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    arigr wrote: »
    hard times for moderators...and we've seen all sorts of posts today..ive noticed that not many have noticed that :
    (and i go into the voice of the guy in "Aliens 3")
    here are the facts as we know them..
    the server is down and we are aware..
    there are no known hardware failures..
    our software is up to date...
    it appears as tho there is an external network failure..
    what part of "We are protecting you from a hack" do you not understand?

Here are the real facts, as we know them.

"Neverwinter is currently unavailable, we are currently working on bringing the server back online as soon as possible."

1) The PWE servers are down. It tells us this when we try to log in. No amount of external issues is going to give us that message.

2) The internet has multiple redundant avenues that our connections can travel, and thousands of paths depending on where you are. there is no way to shut off everyone from connection via any external issue. Some would still be able to log in while others can't. Short of California falling into the ocean, of course.

3) NO major ISP is going to be down this long. PWE may have no redundancy, but major ISPs do.

Believe what you wish.
  • Options
    dolour79dolour79 Member Posts: 56
    edited March 2014
    Yeah except it's also good to spend them on sparks for Sharandar using 6 coins for 50 sparks since upgrades require so many.
    that! if it wouldnt throw me back in the campaign allmost a week i wouldnt really care.
    sadly i dont expect PW to do anything about it.
    actually i dont expect more from them now than id expect from guys like bigpoint and the likes.
    todays events killed my faith ive had for them... (including consequences tied to companies being supportworthy or not)
  • Options
    gulxgilamarthgulxgilamarth Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dear Girls, if a guy pauses a video game just to text you back. Marry him

Chat bots are soo /win :)
  • Options
    killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2014

User CP > Edit Avatar > Custom Avatar
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    86, the magic 90 is winking allready :p
  • Options
    zymfrostzymfrost Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    overddrive wrote: »
    uhm...if all the characters were to be gone forever what happens to the people who have actually spent money on the game? What they paid for is just gone with no recompense?

If you lost it all......

IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, PWE, ITS DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, THE SERVICE, THE GAMES OR ANY OF THE CONTENT OR THE MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES CASED BY OR RESULTING FROM RELIANCE BY USER ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM US OR PWE, OR THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES OR EMAIL, ERRORS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD, COMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO PWE’S RECORDS, PROGRAMS OR SERVICES.

Plus Neverwinter itself has their own terms which are similar though more intimidating. :-/
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yeah except it's also good to spend them on sparks for Sharandar using 6 coins for 50 sparks since upgrades require so many.

All of my 60s finished Sharandar awhile back, so sparks don't mean anything to me anymore.
  • Options
    thronbrthronbr Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Shouldn't be too much longer until the STO and Neverwinter teams can start their final checks. Another tweet incoming once they start. Thx!

@PWE_Outage
  • Options
    bobledegoutebobledegoute Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    PWE Outage Updates @PWE_Outage · 27 s

Shouldn't be too much longer until the STO and Neverwinter teams can start their final checks. Another tweet incoming once they start. Thx!

they dont care about us
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    killerella wrote: »
    User CP > Edit Avatar > Custom Avatar

Don't have that option :X
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    thronbr wrote: »

@PWE_Outage

More teasing tweets. They posted that one 30min after the one that said they would be starting soon and would post when they did. So... they didn't REALLY mean they were starting soon! Maybe they all stopped for a pizza break to get their energy levels back up or something. (Or maybe it was those cheerleaders from earlier in the thread distracting them...)
  • Options
    edited March 2014

It's possible that your account is just too new. You just created it this month.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    im so tempted to browse the PW forums, look at how big the "z0mg server down" rant-thread became on champions online etc, just to see if the priorisation is anyhow tied to the ammount of users eagerly waiting for the servers to come back up.
  • Options
    rocklee227rocklee227 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    waiting for the meme of the skeleton on a bench with the caption "dont mind me im just waiting for NW to be online again"
  • Options
    epoflipoepoflipo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They are just giving time for the thread to crack 90.
  • Options
    natalinnuxnatalinnux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    rocklee227rocklee227 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dolour79 wrote: »
    im so tempted to browse the PW forums, look at how big the "z0mg server down" rant-thread became on champions online etc, just to see if the priorisation is anyhow tied to the ammount of users eagerly waiting for the servers to come back up.

doooo it....
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    dolour79 wrote: »

It was 12 (default post number) pages long. Not NEARLY as much raging over there, but Trailturtle has always been great at keeping users informed over in CO.
  • Options
    killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I'm totally guessing here, but maybe a custom avatar becomes available after XX posts or X amount of time.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    It's possible that your account is just too new. You just created it this month.

Yes indeed, I guess that's it.
  • Options
    opts4moreopts4more Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm thinking we'll hit 93 pages then it will start.
  • Options
    plaguedoczedplaguedoczed Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    PWE tweeted that the engineers are beginning their final checks for STO and NWO
  • Options
    wyantarwwyantarw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think my F5 button will break first...
This discussion has been closed.