test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

not possible to be godly GWF tank in pvp anymore?

2»

Comments

• thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    barq3t wrote: »
    PS: When youre in pvp, and theres 3 people of the same class in other team, and in your mind you said "****", what class is that?

:D

For me it used to be GWFs, now I get that feel when I see TRs. 3 overlapping red circles and sniping from range = I really do hate you. Should I try and go after them they then go TR mode and melee me to death in stealth.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    :D

For me it used to be GWFs, now I get that feel when I see TRs. 3 overlapping red circles and sniping from range = I really do hate you. Should I try and go after them they then go TR mode and melee me to death in stealth.

Its not just you, my GWF ( since not a Sentinel ) gets completely trolled by perma stealth rogues, I lose 2/3 or 1/2 of my HP before I even see them and then they resist my cc and most of the damage.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    Its not just you, my GWF ( since not a Sentinel ) gets completely trolled by perma stealth rogues, I lose 2/3 or 1/2 of my HP before I even see them and then they resist my cc and most of the damage.

Well non-Sentinel GWFs were never especially dangerous in PvP, and right now perma-TRs are really strong.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have nothing against the move itself, as long as I get at least a chance to escape the sequence. But neither Binding Arrow or Constricting Arrow worked at all. I stayed down 5-6 seconds without a way to get out (I have quite some defense so it usually takes some time to kill me). At least the roots should have pulled him back after he used Savage Advance or he should have lost a little time due to the Constricting Arrow. But I'm pretty sure they didn't work as his sword was constantly moving.
    If somebody can lock you down for so long giving you no chance after you used your two best control encounters on him then sometimes is out of place. If I got pown'ed when all my control powers were on cooldown I would have accepted it with no problem.

It is not a terrible issue, I can pick my targets elsewhere and run away if needed. Does somebody know if tenacity works against proning routines?

Tenacity does work, all too well if you ask me :) Most of I all I dont like that it provides protection from crits as well.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.