test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

not possible to be godly GWF tank in pvp anymore?

doggy009doggy009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
So earlier today I decided to test out a full defensive build to see if its possible to hold node against 2 to people. I decided to go with 2 titan and 2 sent sets plus the defensive accessories that comes with tenacity so I ended up with 4.7k def 2.8k deflect 1.6k regen and 700 life steal and finally 35k hp ( yes very low since my racials werent around con ; ( which sucks

Anyway after that I went ahead and queued myself up then luckily me....went against some op premade with 9-11k in my team ( stupid matchmaking) anyway I had no problem killing anyone 1v1 ...barely survive 2v1 and dying in couple seconds in 3 or 4-1..yeah my team was useless. .hell their TR was hitting me for 24k .....

So results....guess cant really tank much with regen nerfed or maybe the lack of 8 con makes alot of difference
Killy2
SENT IV GWF - PVP
Post edited by doggy009 on

Comments

• vladious1977vladious1977 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    doggy009 wrote: »
    So earlier today I decided to test out a full defensive build to see if its possible to hold node against 2 to people. I decided to go with 2 titan and 2 sent sets plus the defensive accessories that comes with tenacity so I ended up with 4.7k def 2.8k deflect 1.6k regen and 700 life steal and finally 35k hp ( yes very low since my racials werent around con ; ( which sucks

Anyway after that I went ahead and queued myself up then luckily me....went against some op premade with 9-11k in my team ( stupid matchmaking) anyway I had no problem killing anyone 1v1 ...barely survive 2v1 and dying in couple seconds in 3 or 4-1..yeah my team was useless. .hell their TR was hitting me for 24k .....

So results....guess cant really tank much with regen nerfed or maybe the lack of 8 con makes alot of difference
    I have a GWF and have not found that problem at all. It is easier now. I take less damage. I pop unstopable more for less damage taken. My unstopable heals me. And in a pinch I have restoring strike.

Holding a node against 2 or 3 players for a lengthy amount of time is easy work unless they chain dailies or chain CC. Otherwise that node is deadzone. I am all con and dex. The onyl part I hate is that I can be CC to death. A good tank can lock me out. However versus a TR or a CW the damage is laughable. You just troll em "what ohh someone make an ice knife crit for 300 good job..." Cause it is about all they can do.

Small note if a TR is critting you for 24k on anything but shocking execution you are broken beyond repair. Shocking execution has always and will always ignore all resistance and damage reduction. So it is like you are wearing no armor. It will crit you for that much. This has not changed at all. Same issue before patch SE hits like a truck if you are missing health. There is no other TR ability that can hit for that much and SE is a daily so it is not to be worried about. Most lashing crits RARELY go beyond 2k.

Looks like this is a not understanding other class mechanics issue tbh
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    The ability to endlessly tank with ~50% hp maxing regen is now gone. That regen wall doesn't exist anymore, so now GWF will fall at a more steady rate rather than lose ~50% somewhat quickly and then go invincibility mode. This means it is harder to be super tanky against pugs because steady + smaller damage can still take you out now. However, in premades it wasn't really a problem to take GWF out 2v1 before tenacity because when you get into top tier pvp burst damage was so high. Either way, now burst damage is nerfed but so is the regen wall, so it seems like things relatively cancel out for premades.

Ultimately GWF has always exceled more at tanking on pugs than actual premades. Now GWF is slightly less tanky against pugs, but seems like it still retains most of the ability it had in premades. In premades GWF was never really as all-powerful as they are made out to be because they were actually susceptible to people with good burst damage which isn't existent in pugs.
  • doggy009doggy009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have a GWF and have not found that problem at all. It is easier now. I take less damage. I pop unstopable more for less damage taken. My unstopable heals me. And in a pinch I have restoring strike.

Holding a node against 2 or 3 players for a lengthy amount of time is easy work unless they chain dailies or chain CC. Otherwise that node is deadzone. I am all con and dex. The onyl part I hate is that I can be CC to death. A good tank can lock me out. However versus a TR or a CW the damage is laughable. You just troll em "what ohh someone make an ice knife crit for 300 good job..." Cause it is about all they can do.

Small note if a TR is critting you for 24k on anything but shocking execution you are broken beyond repair. Shocking execution has always and will always ignore all resistance and damage reduction. So it is like you are wearing no armor. It will crit you for that much. This has not changed at all. Same issue before patch SE hits like a truck if you are missing health. There is no other TR ability that can hit for that much and SE is a daily so it is not to be worried about. Most lashing crits RARELY go beyond 2k.

Looks like this is a not understanding other class mechanics issue tbh

How can you possibly tank that much but I connt with such high defensive stats? What are your stats?
    I know my GWF will never be complete which sucks for me. I built around STR when I started the game because I never knew con/dex were the deal. This why I only have 22 str 19 con and dex...losing alot of hp because of that.

And yeah it was SE that did the 25k.
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
    edited March 2014
    It is not about stats. Not sure why even people claim that they are less tanky. They are more so.

Regen - Not needed nice to have though
    Life steal - Nice but once again not needed.

What you do need
    Unstopable - I almost feel like I am spamming this now. It heals and it is based on damage before mitgation comes into factor. So we take less damage now and go into unstopable which heals you more often then we did pre-patch.
    Restoring Strike- Click some points into this bad boy for a nice hot.

Yes they may have nerfed healing but with all the healing we have it makes no difference. Like said by previous poster against pre-made you are toast still. He was wrong about pugs though.

We are going into unstopable what feels like twice as fast meaning we are getting healed from our unstopable twice as fast. Getting temporary HP twice as fast. (Honestly think it is only 20 percent faster but still) Use what god gave you. Your brain and most occasions you want to use IBS Roar Restoring strike. Use restoring strike on CD. Use Unstopable ASAP.

This is not rocket science here. Also when you come across a TR burn him down fast. He gets away threatening rush him to stick on him. IBT on cooldown. Put a ton of pressure on him so he is trying to avoid you like the plague. More he avoiding you the less damage he is doing which means he is not building action points. This goes with any other class stick on them like glue. Pressure them. Get them to dodge you and trying to run away. Though let's be honest with threatening rush they can not get away.
  • wh0wh0 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It is not about stats. Not sure why even people claim that they are less tanky. They are more so.

Regen - Not needed nice to have though
    Life steal - Nice but once again not needed.

What you do need
    Unstopable - I almost feel like I am spamming this now. It heals and it is based on damage before mitgation comes into factor. So we take less damage now and go into unstopable which heals you more often then we did pre-patch.
    Restoring Strike- Click some points into this bad boy for a nice hot.

Yes they may have nerfed healing but with all the healing we have it makes no difference. Like said by previous poster against pre-made you are toast still. He was wrong about pugs though.

We are going into unstopable what feels like twice as fast meaning we are getting healed from our unstopable twice as fast. Getting temporary HP twice as fast. (Honestly think it is only 20 percent faster but still) Use what god gave you. Your brain and most occasions you want to use IBS Roar Restoring strike. Use restoring strike on CD. Use Unstopable ASAP.

This is not rocket science here. Also when you come across a TR burn him down fast. He gets away threatening rush him to stick on him. IBT on cooldown. Put a ton of pressure on him so he is trying to avoid you like the plague. More he avoiding you the less damage he is doing which means he is not building action points. This goes with any other class stick on them like glue. Pressure them. Get them to dodge you and trying to run away. Though let's be honest with threatening rush they can not get away.

You sounded more like the TR being chase and whoop upside down bro.

Let's get real honest here, TR now can drain a GWF down effectively. Did you even read what those high end TR wrote in their post? I am sure you din or you didn't meet any excellent one in game. Basically, GWF gets lesser and lesser temp health as your life goes lower till it's no longer relevant and die. To prove your claims, show us your GWF fighting a high end TR contesting on a node or if you want you can choose to fight my and we can vid it for reference, until then kindly stop all your nonsense.

Thanks.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yep gwfs may feel more powerful, until some wizard or cleric starts stacking debuffs on them, and then, they start panicking or just to lie on the ground after a few seconds. :)
    edited March 2014
    wh0 wrote: »
    You sounded more like the TR being chase and whoop upside down bro.

Let's get real honest here, TR now can drain a GWF down effectively. Did you even read what those high end TR wrote in their post? I am sure you din or you didn't meet any excellent one in game. Basically, GWF gets lesser and lesser temp health as your life goes lower till it's no longer relevant and die. To prove your claims, show us your GWF fighting a high end TR contesting on a node or if you want you can choose to fight my and we can vid it for reference, until then kindly stop all your nonsense.

Thanks.
    I care why? You are not even smart enough to read. Why would I prove anything to you? Answer : I do not and care less what you believe. What I know and what you say are two different things. Just because you do not know how to play not my problem.
    edited March 2014
    The thing is, im not talking about fighting or tanking some lower gear people. Im talking about same or higher gears in 3 vs 1 plus situations. .like I said I had very bad experience vs that premade with a bad team so I ended up getting killed in seconds when they all hit me or just 4 of them
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
    edited March 2014
    The thing is, im not talking about fighting or tanking some lower gear people. Im talking about same or higher gears in 3 vs 1 plus situations. .like I said I had very bad experience vs that premade with a bad team so I ended up getting killed in seconds when they all hit me or just 4 of them

Dude versus a pre-made you are likely screwed anyway. Your chances to win are nill it can happen though as most the time on a pre-made everyone is geared. Why we work so well in pugs is because most of the people are still in blue and omg green gear. It makes it stupid easily to faceroll and steamroll. Even before patch against pre-made vs GWF had some trouble. We could hold our own but not nearly effective as we where pug versus pug. This is not changed. Nothing has really changed that much.

Was just in a pug against two CW's 2 HR's and a TR. You know what I did? I facerolled them. They where not geared and melted like butter in my hand. It is the way it is.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dude versus a pre-made you are likely screwed anyway. Your chances to win are nill it can happen though as most the time on a pre-made everyone is geared. Why we work so well in pugs is because most of the people are still in blue and omg green gear. It makes it stupid easily to faceroll and steamroll. Even before patch against pre-made vs GWF had some trouble. We could hold our own but not nearly effective as we where pug versus pug. This is not changed. Nothing has really changed that much.

Was just in a pug against two CW's 2 HR's and a TR. You know what I did? I facerolled them. They where not geared and melted like butter in my hand. It is the way it is.

Eventually ELO should pitch you against some good and properly geared players. Then you'll see that GWF's can and do get melted very easily, even 1v1.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited March 2014
    I care why? You are not even smart enough to read. Why would I prove anything to you? Answer : I do not and care less what you believe. What I know and what you say are two different things. Just because you do not know how to play not my problem.

You don't even think when u wrote, that's the problem. Whatever mechanic that is in place AIMS to reduce GWF suvivability and the dev did a good job while you are commenting that GWF is more tanky. You can really get me laughing hard LOL.. Well, Everyone one can have tenacity, didn't u read?

Still, evidence are far by the best proof, else keep telling your own dream and story then lol!
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    Eventually ELO should pitch you against some good and properly geared players. Then you'll see that GWF's can and do get melted very easily, even 1v1.

They never get melted easily, at least not the good ones.

But if you can get a 1 vs 1 trade with a good GWF, consider it a win for your team. Also, consider that commentary a loss to the PVP class balance in Neverwinter
  • tryglitrygli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I did some GG PVP today with my TR, and the other team had 10 GWF's (still wondering how out of all the delzoun it had to pick 10 gwf's and only 3 GWF's on our team). Obviously our team was facerollled 3000 -700 or so, but I was able to do a lot of 1v1 or even 1v2 against gwf's.
    Before it was **** hard to kill a good sentinel, even if I could get a GWF low enough to make SE effective enough to kill him, there would still be soulforged. Well a lot has changed, I'm sitting at 26k hp and 0 tenacity, and I don't even need SE to kill them, only when they run, lol. I was using smoke bomb, ITC and shaddow strike, and DF obviously.

Basicly you're immune or in stealth when the gwf is unstoppable, and in between they are immobilized by smoke bomb while you get the next combo ready. And the dot from DF did the rest really, they healed nothing at all as long as I made sure they didn't hit me with restoring. Even killed 2 gwf's in a 2v1 with aoe daily (one of them was on top of the leaderboard with most kills).

And at 2k LB's, that are just dumb TR's, when you hit LB on GWF after unstoppable it can still do significant damage.

But yeah, against undergeared or pve geared players that aren't tr's gwf is still very much OP.
    edited March 2014
    trygli wrote: »
    I did some GG PVP today with my TR, and the other team had 10 GWF's (still wondering how out of all the delzoun it had to pick 10 gwf's and only 3 GWF's on our team). Obviously our team was facerollled 3000 -700 or so, but I was able to do a lot of 1v1 or even 1v2 against gwf's.
    Before it was **** hard to kill a good sentinel, even if I could get a GWF low enough to make SE effective enough to kill him, there would still be soulforged. Well a lot has changed, I'm sitting at 26k hp and 0 tenacity, and I don't even need SE to kill them, only when they run, lol. I was using smoke bomb, ITC and shaddow strike, and DF obviously.

Basicly you're immune or in stealth when the gwf is unstoppable, and in between they are immobilized by smoke bomb while you get the next combo ready. And the dot from DF did the rest really, they healed nothing at all as long as I made sure they didn't hit me with restoring. Even killed 2 gwf's in a 2v1 with aoe daily (one of them was on top of the leaderboard with most kills).

And at 2k LB's, that are just dumb TR's, when you hit LB on GWF after unstoppable it can still do significant damage.

But yeah, against undergeared or pve geared players that aren't tr's gwf is still very much OP.

Thats exactly the situation now. But ppl with small brain keeps crying about gwf lol.

My TR can tear up a gwf quite easily now, at most max 3-4 unstoppable with potion etc is the furthest a gwf can go while i save my se right after their soulforge.
  • froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

Is it fun doing easy mode gaming like what you describe? No challenge and just exploiting the fact that the devs can't balance the game properly, how can that be fun? Sure it might be great to faceroll pugs for a few games, but it seems like a lot of people enjoy it too much and show no signs to stop anytime soon. The only thing you troll GWF's accomplish is less people learning/queueing for PvP. I sure as hell don't want to hear "no one pvp's in this game, herp derp" in the future when you and all the perma TR's has scared everyone away from the game. The worst part however is that most GWF's going on easy mode in pugs think that they are good and that their click click kill tactic is somehow a brilliant one that takes skill to execute. looooooool
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How can you possibly tank that much but I connt with such high defensive stats? What are your stats?
    I know my GWF will never be complete which sucks for me. I built around STR when I started the game because I never knew con/dex were the deal. This why I only have 22 str 19 con and dex...losing alot of hp because of that.

And yeah it was SE that did the 25k.

LOL at people's frustration about not being OP as a sentinel in pvp. That being said I enjoy pvp more these days, my destroyer loses his crits and cc against high tenacity builds but I'm havin' fun overall and thats what counts. So far I've met only one player ( not class but a single player ) who I was pretty much useless against and he was a perma stealth TR. Other than that all classes are now fair game. I've noticed DCs who take alot of punishment even after I focus them and thats cool cause it would suck to be a cleric and die in 2 hits. The only thing thats kinda bad imo is that I wont get to use AoW in pvp and I was so looking forward to that once I assemble it..

c'est la vie :)
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    edited March 2014
    froszzt wrote: »
    Is it fun doing easy mode gaming like what you describe? No challenge and just exploiting the fact that the devs can't balance the game properly, how can that be fun? Sure it might be great to faceroll pugs for a few games, but it seems like a lot of people enjoy it too much and show no signs to stop anytime soon. The only thing you troll GWF's accomplish is less people learning/queueing for PvP. I sure as hell don't want to hear "no one pvp's in this game, herp derp" in the future when you and all the perma TR's has scared everyone away from the game. The worst part however is that most GWF's going on easy mode in pugs think that they are good and that their click click kill tactic is somehow a brilliant one that takes skill to execute. looooooool

I have melted pugs too... and then I was queued vs players with good gear who melted me. So there you have it.
  • vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014

My experience is exactly the opposite. I see my HP steadily go from full to zero, while my Determination bar remains between zero and 20 percent. It wasn't like this before the patch. Now 40% is the highest I can see, then I die and Determination goes down to zero.
    English is not my first language.
  • kaylos29kaylos29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am just a demi-god now. I am good with that.
    Mindflayer - Exodus
    Daria - Dwarf Sentinel GWF (mistaken for Halfling a lot)
    Karia (aka "The Pug") - Human Combat HR
    Kayd - Human Conqueror GF - Retired
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Funny thing is all those gwfs whos crying that their class got nerfed to the ground are people who made a gwf after they saw how OP it was before patch. All they needed then was 11-12k gs and pushing 3 buttons to destroy most people. And now when you need to have at least a little skill to be a good gwf it turns out most of them dont have it. And die fast. GWF sent is still the best class in pvp and thats the fact.

PS: When youre in pvp, and theres 3 people of the same class in other team, and in your mind you said "****", what class is that?
    edited March 2014
    What everyone is FAILING to see. GWF's are in the EXACT same situation they where pre-patch. Pre-patch you go against a pug versus pug you melt faces. After patch same. Pre-Patch you go against a good geared pre-made you get your face melted. Post patch same. The diffrence is now you are being qued against people of your same skill level so now everyone ques ques about it.

Read some of steamrollers threads about GWF being under power in pre-mades. Seems exactly like what people are crying about now. You know why because now you are actually being pitted against people of the same skill level due to elo.

The people in this thread are only crying because they need to play better. You let a PVE geared TR whoop on you. Well build a better GWF and stop crying about it.

A cash TR paid for perfect / rank 10 enchants beat you up. Well Good game he paid for that win let him have it.

You let some scrub beat you. Well you should just delete your char now.

Fact is all this crying is because now you actually have to think and play and gear better. If Steamroller still plays get with him sure he can help you out.
  • klaaberklaaber Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    GWF's are fine just as they are, there has to be some Melee damage dealer or what guys ?
    Ofc stacking them 2 and more is different question.
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I believe having 4.7k defense on gwf is a pretty big mistake...
    edited March 2014
    I believe having 4.7k defense on gwf is a pretty big mistake...

It was just a test to see how tanky it could be...not so great
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
    edited March 2014
    What everyone is FAILING to see. GWF's are in the EXACT same situation they where pre-patch. Pre-patch you go against a pug versus pug you melt faces. After patch same. Pre-Patch you go against a good geared pre-made you get your face melted. Post patch same. The diffrence is now you are being qued against people of your same skill level so now everyone ques ques about it.

Read some of steamrollers threads about GWF being under power in pre-mades. Seems exactly like what people are crying about now. You know why because now you are actually being pitted against people of the same skill level due to elo.

The people in this thread are only crying because they need to play better. You let a PVE geared TR whoop on you. Well build a better GWF and stop crying about it.

A cash TR paid for perfect / rank 10 enchants beat you up. Well Good game he paid for that win let him have it.

You let some scrub beat you. Well you should just delete your char now.

Fact is all this crying is because now you actually have to think and play and gear better. If Steamroller still plays get with him sure he can help you out.

You almost got it with one simple addition. Regardless if its pre or post patch. Regardless if its a pug vs pug or premade vs premade, when you have a 15+ GS character with a solid build and some skill you will "melt faces". Thats how it is, forget the class, the gear is what rly counts.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I currently play an HR Ranger (14,9k gs). I don't spec for PvP and have no tenacity at the moment (I still use my older gear). Most of the time I can handle non-PvP-dedicated GWFs 1vs1. Maybe I don't kill them but get them mad enough that they forget somebody else is around (usually TR or CW) and then they die.
    But sometimes things get weird. Two days ago I was fighting at Rivenscar. I got out from the starting area and headed towards node 2 when I saw a GWF running towards me. I hit him twice in a row, first with Binding Arrow and then with Constricting Arrow. I use Aspect of the Falcon (3 points there) so he was quite far away when I hit him. A fraction of second afterwards he jumped at me (it was really funny to see the so called Strong Roots extend so much) and knocked me down. I expected the roots to take him back a while giving me some time to stand up or the constricting arrow to slow his progress down for a little. But actually I never got to stand up and was killed right there on the spot. This happened again once during the fight and then I decided to avoid him and pick my targets elsewhere (closing with 13 kills, 6 deaths and 29 assistances) which is a typical average for me.
    I had the same experience yesterday with another GWF. He was unstoppable (pun intended). If I can't slow him down with roots I have very limited resources to fight him especially when he can jump at me like that.
    Once again my solution was to avoid him one-on-one (I even tried to knock him prone with Boar Charge, changing Binding Arrow, and he seemed immune to that as well).
    I actually killed him twice in the fight as he didn't seem to be very sturdy and was a good pick for Aimed Shot when one of our two CWs was controlling him but 1vs1 my only solution was Marauder's Escape, plus Forest Ghost to run away. Maybe with tenacity I could have resisted the proning effects (not sure tenacity works) but still keeping these guys at range seemed impossible.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    But sometimes things get weird. Two days ago I was fighting at Rivenscar. I got out from the starting area and headed towards node 2 when I saw a GWF running towards me. I hit him twice in a row, first with Binding Arrow and then with Constricting Arrow. I use Aspect of the Falcon (3 points there) so he was quite far away when I hit him. A fraction of second afterwards he jumped at me (it was really funny to see the so called Strong Roots extend so much) and knocked me down.

thats a gwf daily called "Savage Advance" the gap closer is pretty ridiculous but iits okay since its pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in pve
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thats a gwf daily called "Savage Advance" the gap closer is pretty ridiculous but iits okay since its pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in pve

I have nothing against the move itself, as long as I get at least a chance to escape the sequence. But neither Binding Arrow or Constricting Arrow worked at all. I stayed down 5-6 seconds without a way to get out (I have quite some defense so it usually takes some time to kill me). At least the roots should have pulled him back after he used Savage Advance or he should have lost a little time due to the Constricting Arrow. But I'm pretty sure they didn't work as his sword was constantly moving.
    If somebody can lock you down for so long giving you no chance after you used your two best control encounters on him then sometimes is out of place. If I got pown'ed when all my control powers were on cooldown I would have accepted it with no problem.

It is not a terrible issue, I can pick my targets elsewhere and run away if needed. Does somebody know if tenacity works against proning routines?
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    edited March 2014

Yes indeed, Savage Advance daily power, single target lunge and prone with damage comparable to IBS. I rediscovered it recently and its pretty cool in pvp.
    edited March 2014
    I have nothing against the move itself, as long as I get at least a chance to escape the sequence. But neither Binding Arrow or Constricting Arrow worked at all. I stayed down 5-6 seconds without a way to get out (I have quite some defense so it usually takes some time to kill me). At least the roots should have pulled him back after he used Savage Advance or he should have lost a little time due to the Constricting Arrow. But I'm pretty sure they didn't work as his sword was constantly moving.
    If somebody can lock you down for so long giving you no chance after you used your two best control encounters on him then sometimes is out of place. If I got pown'ed when all my control powers were on cooldown I would have accepted it with no problem.

It is not a terrible issue, I can pick my targets elsewhere and run away if needed. Does somebody know if tenacity works against proning routines?

You sure he wasnt Unstop while coming at you ? If you think about it, its not out of place, its simply situational and you were the target of perfectly aligned circumstances. Here is how I, as a GWF myself see it - that guy had some tenacity, whether he used or not Unstop I dont know. So he uses SA on you and prones you (1), he hits you once or twice then uses Takedown and prones you (2), again he strikes once or twice then he uses Frontline Surge and prones you again (3).. and you are dead. This stunlock/dmg combo is quite possible especially since your toon has no tenacity to resist the cc. Expect more situations like this in the current state of pvp as more and more people get tenacity.