test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thoughts on PVP tonight...

13»

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What about if we are still running DO! I prefered that path after testing AC, there is now a real clear advantage of running DO I guess, as the spamtastic frenzy of DO doesnt really matter, your not self healing yourself at all now.

The only advantage is the 11% mitigation, which is about the only reason to continue to use healing powers while running DO line I guess.

FF isnt going to be leaving my bar any time soon, its just about the only reliable skill we have left. There are times I will surprise a TR who thinks they are just going to flurry me down , IF I pop Ashield, FF , bots him then scramble around a little and only get hit with execution for the 6-7k instead of the critted 20+, sometimes I can take them down.. but that's sometimes, goes back to the CW and thier Icy Knife .. its all about the luck of when Im critted or not.

GWFs, I dont even bother if Im alone, unless they are severely under geared, which I will know about in two seconds or not, otherwise, Im just a free kill for them. Pre Patch I could take most GFs to a stalemate as HRs, basically I have to be extremely lucky on crits whether I can kill anyone or not, so most of the time Im just dead. I hate that I just have to troll around with others all the time, with no other job but semi Healing my team while buffing/debuffing.

I go back to this basic principle, WE COULD already buff pre patch, the very SAME amount we could now, all that has changed is we buff for less, as we HAVE to have pvp armour to survive at all, so no more HP sets!

We buff total for less without HP.

We heal for less because of HD.

We are no longer as survivable, either because of the the HD+Righteosness nerfhammer, or because people are no longer doing full Regen blues.

We are no longer self node holders.

We are the least damaging class in PVP.

all this adds up to one very gimped class, with the full need of team support to be able to function well.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    What about if we are still running DO! I prefered that path after testing AC, there is now a real clear advantage of running DO I guess, as the spamtastic frenzy of DO doesnt really matter, your not self healing yourself at all now.

The only advantage is the 11% mitigation, which is about the only reason to continue to use healing powers while running DO line I guess.

FF isnt going to be leaving my bar any time soon, its just about the only reliable skill we have left. There are times I will surprise a TR who thinks they are just going to flurry me down , IF I pop Ashield, FF , bots him then scramble around a little and only get hit with execution for the 6-7k instead of the critted 20+, sometimes I can take them down.. but that's sometimes, goes back to the CW and thier Icy Knife .. its all about the luck of when Im critted or not.

GWFs, I dont even bother if Im alone, unless they are severely under geared, which I will know about in two seconds or not, otherwise, Im just a free kill for them. Pre Patch I could take most GFs to a stalemate as HRs, basically I have to be extremely lucky on crits whether I can kill anyone or not, so most of the time Im just dead. I hate that I just have to troll around with others all the time, with no other job but semi Healing my team while buffing/debuffing.

I go back to this basic principle, WE COULD already buff pre patch, the very SAME amount we could now, all that has changed is we buff for less, as we HAVE to have pvp armour to survive at all, so no more HP sets!

We buff total for less without HP.

We heal for less because of HD.

We are no longer as survivable, either because of the the HD+Righteosness nerfhammer, or because people are no longer doing full Regen blues.

We are no longer self node holders.

We are the least damaging class in PVP.

all this adds up to one very gimped class, with the full need of team support to be able to function well.

The difficulty with DO is that your personal survivability and even healing potential are higher in AC:

Blessing of Battle = +6% DR for self and nearby allies (compared to 11% from feated Foresight)
    Exaltation = +10% DR/Dmg for self and target for ~10 seconds, +10% healing output for self with feat
    Anointed Armor = +6% DR and Deflect Chance

The main benefit to running DO is having Foresight as a powerful and foolproof buff for the whole team, whereas AC needs to do some footwork and use abilities to ensure that buffs go where they're needed. Both paths are viable for PvE and PvP, but I'm leaning even harder on AC since the patch since damage mitigation and avoidance are so important with the comparative lack of healing. Also, a 10% healing buff isn't much, but I'll take that, too.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• lihin23nihillihin23nihil Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vorphied wrote: »
    The difficulty with DO is that your personal survivability and even healing potential are higher in AC:

Blessing of Battle = +6% DR for self and nearby allies (compared to 11% from feated Foresight)
    Exaltation = +10% DR/Dmg for self and target for ~10 seconds, +10% healing output for self with feat
    Anointed Armor = +6% DR and Deflect Chance

The main benefit to running DO is having Foresight as a powerful and foolproof buff for the whole team, whereas AC needs to do some footwork and use abilities to ensure that buffs go where they're needed. Both paths are viable for PvE and PvP, but I'm leaning even harder on AC since the patch since damage mitigation and avoidance are so important with the comparative lack of healing. Also, a 10% healing buff isn't much, but I'll take that, too.

Not refuting any of this, seems sound. DO still brings a couple of extras worth noting:

Power of the Sun = 5% damage / crit reduction (as well as being a good divinity builder)
    Hammer of Nerf can still provide a short window of CC resist and damage reduction (and you may get lucky and embarrass someone with a kill from it)
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Not refuting any of this, seems sound. DO still brings a couple of extras worth noting:

Power of the Sun = 5% damage / crit reduction (as well as being a good divinity builder)
    Hammer of Nerf can still provide a short window of CC resist and damage reduction (and you may get lucky and embarrass someone with a kill from it)

Good input, and I would generally agree. Thoughts:

Power of the Sun is great; I'd probably try to find room in my build for it if I were using DO, especially paired with Power of Oppression.

Hammer of Fail continues to disappoint, though. The additional DR seems almost superfluous when we already have so much, and the CC resist is less meaningful since you are effectively disabled during Hammer's casting animation, anyway. This Daily was awesome when you had a chance at blasting a squishy caught CCed or out of stamina, but when they nerfed the damage so badly and kept its potential separated into three slow, super-telegraphed waves it became quite sad :(
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH