test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GG Trader Tomorrow or No?

degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Hey all,

Right now on the preview shard you can trade in your GG PVP gear for Tenacity Gear. We're wondering if that trader will be there tomorrow after the patch? Meaning, do we buy the gear today and trade it in tomorrow?

Any help is appreciated!

Trace
PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
Post edited by degraafination on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes he will be there for a limited time whatever that means , when he was added to the test shard somebody asked if it would be going to live and a developer replied , I'll see if I can find the post.

Here check it out : http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?602001-Shadowmantle-PvP-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-14-20140204a-1&p=7237221&viewfull=1#post7237221
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Great, thanks!
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • readytoredrumreadytoredrum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Planning to buy all the gaunt gear on the auction house for resale tom?
    ───────────
    Red
    Cafè CrêpeControl Wizard
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    does anybody know whether current gaunt equipment will be sold after tomorrow in gaunt? or will all armor be grim from then on?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ilmenira wrote: »
    does anybody know whether current gaunt equipment will be sold after tomorrow in gaunt? or will all armor be grim from then on?

They introduced the new GG PvP sets specifically so that people wouldn't lose their GG PvE sets.

It's an alternative, not a replacement.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was thinking there were new PVP sets, but nothing new as far as GG sets. Is that not the case?

Also, I was thinking I should buy some GG pieces and trade them for the new PVP sets...
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
    edited March 2014
    xelliz wrote: »
    I was thinking there were new PVP sets, but nothing new as far as GG sets. Is that not the case?

Also, I was thinking I should buy some GG pieces and trade them for the new PVP sets...

If you absolutely hate playing PVP yes. I think you would be able to just earn the new gear by playing PVP
    ───────────
    Red
    Cafè CrêpeControl Wizard
    edited March 2014
    If you absolutely hate playing PVP yes. I think you would be able to just earn the new gear by playing PVP
    Well, I love PVP, but some of my chars have 400 Gyrm coins AND the GG set
    edited March 2014
    You can trade your grym coins for glory to buy the best pvp gear
    Thats true, but it seems like trading gear piece for gear piece is more efficient. Of course I haven't looked at grym coin cost vs coin to glory cost.
    edited March 2014
    Thats true, but it seems like trading gear piece for gear piece is more efficient. Of course I haven't looked at grym coin cost vs coin to glory cost.

You can trade gryms to glory at 1:50 ratio.

There are some PVP gear that you have to purchase with glory and cannot trade for. Better PVP gear......
    ───────────
    Red
    Cafè CrêpeControl Wizard
    edited March 2014
    You can trade gryms to glory at 1:50 ratio.

There are some PVP gear that you have to purchase with glory and cannot trade for. Better PVP gear......
    I was not aware that there is gear that will not be available through the GG trade. That along changes things.

However, if that is not the case then 400 coins at 50 glory equals only 20k glory and it was my understanding that there are pieces of gear that cost that much alone.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah but the T2.5 gear is too expensive to buy outright tomorrow unless you have a huge stash of GG coin to trade in for the 100k+ glory needed plus then you need the seals of Triumph that can only be obtained doing dailies as far as I know so swapping the GG pve set and weapons for the T2 gaunt pvp set and weapons is a good stopgap measure until you can save enough to get the better gear.
    I was not aware that there is gear that will not be available through the GG trade. That along changes things.

Yes there are several new T2.5 pvp tenacity sets but they will cost a lot , at the moment they are around 20-25k per piece no idea if that will remain the price when it goes live but since the glory cap is being raised I would guess that the new gear will remain quite expensive.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited March 2014

However, if that is not the case then 400 coins at 50 glory equals only 20k glory and it was my understanding that there are pieces of gear that cost that much alone.

The best gear costs around 24k glory for each piece and several seals of triumph.

You get seals of triumph by completing Rhix's PVP and gaunt PVP quests. I do not know how else you get those seals
    ───────────
    Red
    Cafè CrêpeControl Wizard