test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

dropped epics in Dungeons bound?

akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Just curious if something has changed with boss drops in dungeons. The last 2 dungeons I have run i managed to roll for some epic equipment that was dropped by various bosses.

Throne of Idris - I got the Sharpened Netheril Blade from the Direhelm Forge and some Random purple from the Golem ( i dont remember what it was)

Malabog's Castle - I got a Fomorian Parrying Blade from Malabog

After the run was over I went back to PE and was going to put them on the Auction house and noticed that they were all Bound.

I know for sure that I have had other purple's drop that were not bound (fatebender Slippers from a Fardelvers Crypt run for example) the previous week.

Has anyone else noticed this or may be able to explain why?
Post edited by akemnos on

Comments

• Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    MC and VT drops being BoP is how they were designed. For other epic dungeons, the drops (but not the contents of the dungeon delve chest) should be BOE.
  • Options
    jazharajazhara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    they could at least make them acct bound so you could send them to your other toons if you get stuff thats not for your current class......seems pretty idiotic to bind something for another class to my cw or dc or or or....
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    MC and VT drops being BoP is how they were designed. For other epic dungeons, the drops (but not the contents of the dungeon delve chest) should be BOE.
    A number of junk purples are BOP for some reason. The Netheril Blade as mentioned above is. There are several pieces of BOP armor from boss drops, including annoyingly enough the High Prophet Boots. Almost all T1 ring/belt/neck pieces are always BOP no matter how you get them whereas their T2 counterparts are all BOE even from the chest. Most likely something either got changed part of the way through the coding process or some other form of miscommunication crept in.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ah I didn't know hte MC and VT drops were designed to be that way. thanks for the info.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Any drops outside of Malabog's Castle and Valindra's Tower which are BoP should be reported as a bug.

As Dardove mentioned, though, drops within MC and VT are BoP by design.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    For other epic dungeons, the drops (but not the contents of the dungeon delve chest) should be BOE.

There are some boss drops in both T1 and T2 dungeons that are BoP though. In Idris, you can get bound CW arms (Shroudcloth Bindings?) from the golem, and the Sharpened Netheril Blade which is blue so not even salvageable. The GWF epic Hardened Dragonscale Armor from Karrundax is also BoP (and lacking an armor enchant slot).

I do report these things as bugs when I happen to have them in my inventory. Gets tedious.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jazhara wrote: »
    they could at least make them acct bound so you could send them to your other toons if you get stuff thats not for your current class......seems pretty idiotic to bind something for another class to my cw or dc or or or....

Agreed. Sadly Mc and Vt seem like a waste of time if you want to make profit, and if you're not making profit then why would you be doing those dungeons once you have your stuff. Of course it may be nice for variation but it makes me wonder if my dungeon time will be reduced because of bad drops.