test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pathfinder!

greymarchten10greymarchten10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Wilds
Pathfinder is the new HR paragon path for next NW update: Curse of Icewind Dale. Starting posting what you know, what you think you know, and what you want to know.

Personally, Pathfinder intrigues me more than the current HR paragon path, Storm Warden.
Post edited by greymarchten10 on

Comments

• kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
  • greymarchten10greymarchten10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am hoping for some kind of extended-sneak ability that is intended to be used in and out of combat with Pathfinder. Something that lasts much longer than Forest Ghost.
  • vaerthvaerth Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I would be happy with a stealth that is an encounter not a daily. It seems to be melee orientied from what i see. I want my weapon enchant looks to apply to my melee weapons if Pathfinder is indeed melee centered.
  • nowhere64nowhere64 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 37
    edited March 2014
    vaerth wrote: »
    I would be happy with a stealth that is an encounter not a daily. It seems to be melee orientied from what i see. I want my weapon enchant looks to apply to my melee weapons if Pathfinder is indeed melee centered.

I would think that the Pathfinder tree has the potential to fix nearly all issues with HRs. Should be fascinating to see what they put in the new path. I would think CSH will be replaced with something interesting. I hope there is something to genuinely rival CW cc abilities. And/or something that instantly deagros. Maybe a new passive.
  • vaerthvaerth Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    nowhere64 wrote: »
    I would think that the Pathfinder tree has the potential to fix nearly all issues with HRs. Should be fascinating to see what they put in the new path. I would think CSH will be replaced with something interesting. I hope there is something to genuinely rival CW cc abilities. And/or something that instantly deagros. Maybe a new passive.

And a new stealth encounter would be nice. Since every ranger from a fantasy game/movie I have seen is skilled at remaining hidden when needed. I do like forest ghost, it is a cool daily, but I would like an encounter that offers a little stealth for melee characters.
  • silvereldunarisilvereldunari Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's not fair that they add another two-blade fighting style as as paragorn path, I was hopping for Beast Stalker, since Battlefield Archer wouldn't make sence as you can be both melee and archery.

But I'm kind of happy to think that the last skill, slasher's mark will be a big numbers daily (hoping to be on pair with shocking execution and ice knife) and it says make you stronger/heal.

About the Act Together must a class feature, that increase both our Action Point gain or our damage according to other peoples attacks, wrong step will sure be a trap/stunning/immobilizing skill (will be great for PvP, hoping it doesn't show the big red circle)
    But I'm sure it will be no close to what I said, those are just my hopes =)
  • godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    kattefjaes wrote: »

More rogues with blades anyone? :D
  • alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Inb4 anyone remaining Stormwarden is openly mocked and the class goes down the same "It's trash, only noobs go that Paragon" road that Master of Flame, Whisperknife and Anointed Champion have gone down already.

Oh, it will be glorious. ...not really.
  • todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The encounter listed on the Wiki seems more like a trap encounter though, like a good CC skill in my opinion. I'm curious about its alternate version, though. Can't wait to test. My HR is currently built as a utility ranger, Nature Spec, that aims to maximize Aimed Shot's high burst. Stormwarden's Stormstep Action works okay so far, but it seems like this new path seems melee-oriented.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Inb4 anyone remaining Stormwarden is openly mocked and the class goes down the same "It's trash, only noobs go that Paragon" road that Master of Flame, Whisperknife and Anointed Champion have gone down already.

Oh, it will be glorious. ...not really.

I'll grant you the first two, but I haven't noticed anyone saying that about ACDCs, only that each paragon appeals to different playstyles.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just wonderful another melee ranger. I don't melee. Give us a straight archery paragon path, no more of this melee stuff.
  • goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If Cryptic fix our encounters and daylis to work fine we do not need other paragon path.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You know just because the PnP version of the Paragon Path names X does something it doesn't really mean anything for what happens in this game.

Lets wait and see what is offered first. (Sorry I know its the internet go back to rampant speculation and lamentations based on it.)
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    edited March 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    Just wonderful another melee ranger. I don't melee. Give us a straight archery paragon path, no more of this melee stuff.

Yes, you do not melee so lets all cry about it! How about you stick with your archery build and Stormwarden then and continue using the Archery builds available? I am a melee ranger, yet have weapon enchantments on my bow. I want to see my enchantments on my primary weapon, but I can't. But I guess I do what everyone else does when they do not like something in the game....DEAL WITH IT...LMAO!

XD
  • kunekadenkunekaden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    You know just because the PnP version of the Paragon Path names X does something it doesn't really mean anything for what happens in this game.

Lets wait and see what is offered first. (Sorry I know its the internet go back to rampant speculation and lamentations based on it.)

All info taken from - http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Stormwarden
    Blade Storm (11th level): As long as you are armed with a melee weapon and are capable of making an opportunity attack, one adjacent enemy (your choice) takes damage equal to your Dexterity modifier at the end of your turn.
    looks pretty similar to our blade storm
    Stormstep Action (11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra action, you can teleport 3 squares either before or after you use the extra action.
    Again, looks very similar
    Twin-Blade Storm (16th level): As long as you are armed with a melee weapon and are capable of making an opportunity attack, two adjacent enemies (your choice) take lightning damage equal to your Dexterity modifier at the end of your turn.
    Seeing a pattern yet?
    Clearing the Ground Stormwarden Attack 11
    You sweep your blades in mighty arcs around you, cutting foes that get too close and thrusting them back.
    There seems to be a pattern
    Throw Caution to the Wind Stormwarden Utility 12
    Effect: You take a −2 penalty to all defenses and gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls.
    yup

Cold Steel Hurricane Stormwarden Attack 20
    You rush into the midst of your enemies and, like a freezing wind, flay them alive.
    OK, this one isn't the same.

The point that everyone seems to be missing is that;
    1. 2/3 class features will be useful to both archery and melee
    2. Every encounter will also have an archery version
    3. Dailies use their proper weapon type automatically.

Pathfinder seems like it will be the pvp path of choice. All that needs to happen for this to be true is for 1 of the 3 class features to be better than stormstep action, which isn't very difficult - especially as it seems at least one of them will affect regen and/or heal the user.
  • caynspcaynsp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    stealth? in HR? for a simply dayly? The truly stealthy power of HR has been blown again in criptyc neverwinter. Pathfinder seems to me more tanky than stealthy. In the other hand, to be more equilibrated, they had should chosen an archery path before a blade one. Stormwarden has better powers for melee than ranged. Remember that only 5 powers are from parangon.
    i think they should fix HR and give a parangon good for renged and useful for melee. In that way we have stormwarden, good for melee and useful for archers and pathfinders (or in the suppoused case of archery parangon: batttlefield archer) good for bows and useful for blades
  • jarebla1051jarebla1051 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited March 2014
    It has been a long time since my first PnP and my last when the group fell apart. I didn't get involved again until SSIs "Pool of Radiance" PC game.

In DDO I played a hybrid ranger/rogue which I enjoyed. The "Pathfinder" from what I've read is a type of soloist taking the "point", finding the best path for travel as the party moves behind. Before this announcement I had no idea this "player" was in the game.

Being lead, I can see the need for "blades vs. bows", literally cutting a path for the party members. As well, most foes chanced upon will be ground level in your face and not an elevated or bow distance encounter.

But that's the way the books read, so we'll have to see.
    "One Riot, One Ranger" **

Deuce HR L 60 Archer Build+Melee
    Bow Expert
    Blade Proficient

(**Motto of the Texas Rangers, 1823-Present. Dept. of Public Services, State of Texas)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bullgodzbullgodz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rhoric wrote: »

I 100% agree with this. If I wanted to play a "blade in the back" rouge I would have gone with a TR
    Lazerous - CW
    Ladyhawk - HR
    Nighthawk the Pink TR
  • ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I'm not liking the lack of a real archery-focused paragon. Both Stormwarden and Pathfinder have stronger melee emphasis, leaving us snipers with no real route.
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • silvereldunarisilvereldunari Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah just look on Eletric Shot, it's useless, while clearing the ground is one of the bests for melee. I don't melee, specially in dungeon, why would I want another melee focused paragorn?
  • zyphxxzyphxx Member Posts: 86
    edited March 2014
    I am 100% looking forward to a better melee Ranger. It also fits with module 3 because Drizzt is the primary character of the books. This game lacks a good two weapon fighter, and I feel they are trying to stick the ranger into that spot. Sorry some of you are not, but I am looking forward to it.
  • korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Useles paragon.
    Ty for nothing.
  • caynspcaynsp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The point is Stormwarden is, actually, a melee ranger. it's good for nothing, but it's a melee ranger. There is no archer ranger and it won't be one. The should rethink some powers of stormwarden and build and archer parangon. First of all, i think aim shoot should change to a charge attack or getting delayed by damage instead of broken with one single point of damage.
  • dslbitesdslbites Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2014
    Totally agree with caynsp on the aim shot. 1 hit interrupt on such a long charge skill which can be broken by running out of the distance or behind an object is totally making aim shot harder to use in many situations. As you know, when using aim shot you can't move which is also another disadvantage, and adding points to reduce the charge time didn't really make a huge difference in it.
  • lymphanlymphan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have a suggestion about Electric Shot - make it proc the effects of Split the Sky. This will give some nice synergy to paragon path and make both these skills useful (better damage and some control).
  • bullgodzbullgodz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dslbites wrote: »
    Totally agree with caynsp on the aim shot. 1 hit interrupt on such a long charge skill which can be broken by running out of the distance or behind an object is totally making aim shot harder to use in many situations. As you know, when using aim shot you can't move which is also another disadvantage, and adding points to reduce the charge time didn't really make a huge difference in it.

What's funny is that other classes can tell what your doing by the long animation for aim shot and the counter is easy, just pop off a ranged basic hit to stop the channel.....the fact that your totally immobile when your using aim shot makes it even worse....
    You see clerics and CWs running around with channel abilites and nothing breaks the channel short of some kind of KD....
    Lazerous - CW
    Ladyhawk - HR
    Nighthawk the Pink TR
  • threedeedevilthreedeedevil Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Pathfinder is the new HR paragon path for next NW update: Curse of Icewind Dale. Starting posting what you know, what you think you know, and what you want to know.

Personally, Pathfinder intrigues me more than the current HR paragon path, Storm Warden.

WHAT IS THIS ITS MY NAME HOW CAN THEY COPY MY NAME!!! Jk i know that im the best 60 but it was not necessary lol.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    lymphan wrote: »
    I have a suggestion about Electric Shot - make it proc the effects of Split the Sky. This will give some nice synergy to paragon path and make both these skills useful (better damage and some control).

Actually I really like this suggestion...you should go and post that here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635201-Official-Feedback-Thread-Ranger-Paragon-Path-Pathfinder/page38
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • frznvimesfrznvimes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    caynsp wrote: »
    First of all, i think aim shoot should change to a charge attack or getting delayed by damage instead of broken with one single point of damage.
    That or give it a damage threshold to be interrupted as there is with being dismounted.
  • lievcocijolievcocijo Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    it appears to me that in the end best paragon path wll be no paragon path
    i loved stormwarden in paper, but yes, its ranged attacks are almost useless compared to normal class powers. electric shot? split is better, split the sky? thorn does more dmg even it it focuses on one enemy at a time and ROA is devastating when placed right, plus none of these are waiting to get hit to work; and hurricane, well, we dont talk about it ;)

if they had fixed electric and hurricane OR buffed a lil bit splitnthe sky, stormwarden would be great IMO

talking about split the sky, the power says it slows down enemies; has anyone ever noticed any slow effect?