test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ioun Stone of Radiance Promotion

azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I hope that the promotion will return at some point, since I missed out on it this time.
Artificer.jpg
Post edited by azahron on

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Although I made sure to get it this time, I do hope that they repeat it for everyone.

It might actually make PWE more money in the end since for any character that you want to play in endgame dungeons you will need to upgrade the stone to Blue quality. This costs 500 000 AD which tends to be pretty close to 1200 ZEN anyway.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Although I made sure to get it this time, I do hope that they repeat it for everyone.

It might actually make PWE more money in the end since for any character that you want to play in endgame dungeons you will need to upgrade the stone to Blue quality. This costs 500 000 AD which tends to be pretty close to 1200 ZEN anyway.

Yeah, 500k AD is something that takes a while to collect - I can easily see some people just selling some Zen to get it.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Even if they did, I wouldn't expect it any time soon.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Even if they did, I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

Based on what? This is already the second time its run.

For all we know, the promo is simply being rolled out in stages. The first week could of been a small scale test, it seemed fairly limited. This last one was said to be open to anyone who previously transferred Zen. Its not completely unreasonable that it could be run again, but targeted at a different demographic.

Considering the negative backlash over the entire way this was handled and presented. Its simply more likely to see the program continued, and therefore give more people a chance to get it. Then to have it shelved and forgotten.
  • Options
    gorakasulgorakasul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Until they resolve the issues with a lot of people not receiving the stone although they were eligible, I'd refrain from purchasing ZEN based on promotions. A fair amount of players from my guild got that promotion, purchased the ZEN and not one of them received the stone as of yet.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Based on what? This is already the second time its run.

For all we know, the promo is simply being rolled out in stages. The first week could of been a small scale test, it seemed fairly limited. This last one was said to be open to anyone who previously transferred Zen. Its not completely unreasonable that it could be run again, but targeted at a different demographic.

Considering the negative backlash over the entire way this was handled and presented. Its simply more likely to see the program continued, and therefore give more people a chance to get it. Then to have it shelved and forgotten.
    Based on my opinion and not to raise hopes. If they were fearing backlash, realising it for all/again won't stop that. There's still going to be someone complaining coz their special promotion wasn't that special.
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    gorakasul wrote: »
    Until they resolve the issues with a lot of people not receiving the stone although they were eligible, I'd refrain from purchasing ZEN based on promotions. A fair amount of players from my guild got that promotion, purchased the ZEN and not one of them received the stone as of yet.

Remember, they had to transfer 1000 zen into NW, not just purchase it.
  • Options
    melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    PWE staff did note that they would be having offers similar to the recent ioun stone of radiance offer. unfortunately we do not have any information about the scheduling of such offers.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    PWE staff did note that they would be having offers similar to the recent ioun stone of radiance offer. unfortunately we do not have any information about the scheduling of such offers.

Thanks Melodywhr!
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Previously Cryptic would publicly announce these Zen-transfer offers to the public at-large, the obvious purpose to provide an incentive to transfer Zen into Neverwinter (as opposed to Star Trek, for example) - the promotion was never to *purchase* Zen, only to transfer it into Neverwinter (obviously if you didn't have Zen to transfer, you can purchase it).

This time was a bit different... I don't know the actual details of how the 'rules of qualification' changed this time around, or the intent of the Marketing team (it could just be A/B testing or something) but here is what I suspect was the primary goal:

1) "Thanks for purchasing Zen points. If you haven't already, then transfer at least 1000Z to Neverwinter and we'll give you a new shiny as thanks." [Applies to anyone and everyone who ever actually purchased Zen with cash (not AD Exchange) - and simply 'reminding' them to transfer some to NW].
    2) Not publicly announced, because it was a genuine 'thank you' for doing what you were doing anyway - to me, this kind of "thank you" feels more genuine, and the prize feels a lot more like a "thank you gift" rather than a "reward, good doggie, gooooood boy [pat on the head]" for doing something they asked you to do.

I strongly believe (very strongly) I am among Perfect World's target customer: I am fortunate to have enough discretionary income that I can throw some of it at stupid, worthless frivolous purchases (such as virtual intangible goods like items in the Z-Store). I will buy and transfer Zen points whether a promotion like this is in effect or not (which is why this particular promotion feels more genuine and special to me).

This time it wasn't hanging a carat in front of my face enticing me to do something. It was a real "thank you" for choosing on my own to support the game studio, albeit even though it was my own selfish desire to obtain whatever it was I was purchasing.

Note to Neverwinter marketing kahunas: I like the way you ran this promotion this time. Obviously I speak for myself: I hope you continue to do it this way. Granted, I may be in the minority, but we'll never know how many thousands of players who never venture into the forums were pleasantly surprised to receive this nice gift.

Just my too-sense, your mileage will vary. :)
  • Options
    manathayriamanathayria Member Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    1) "Thanks for purchasing Zen points. If you haven't already, then transfer at least 1000Z to Neverwinter and we'll give you a new shiny as thanks." [Applies to anyone and everyone who ever actually purchased Zen with cash (not AD Exchange) - and simply 'reminding' them to transfer some to NW].
    2) Not publicly announced, because it was a genuine 'thank you' for doing what you were doing anyway - to me, this kind of "thank you" feels more genuine, and the prize feels a lot more like a "thank you gift" rather than a "reward, good doggie, gooooood boy [pat on the head]" for doing something they asked you to do.

I strongly believe (very strongly) I am among Perfect World's target customer: I am fortunate to have enough discretionary income that I can throw some of it at stupid, worthless frivolous purchases (such as virtual intangible goods like items in the Z-Store). I will buy and transfer Zen points whether a promotion like this is in effect or not (which is why this particular promotion feels more genuine and special to me).

This time it wasn't hanging a carat in front of my face enticing me to do something. It was a real "thank you" for choosing on my own to support the game studio, albeit even though it was my own selfish desire to obtain whatever it was I was purchasing.
    Speaking to this idea - I much rather the promos be announced.

Sometimes I miss the announced ones - RL > Games, and I do want to know when they're going to come back around.

Other times, unless there's a reason for me to transfer and buy the zen, usually because of a promotion now, I won't. My main character has all the epic pets it needs, my alts that I'm worried about are the same.

I have all (I believe) of the packs except the feyweild starter (the one shot dog did not appeal to me)... I have the iouns for each of my characters.... I outright bought a few of the mounts on their own.

I probably spent a bit over what I would have on a sub game in 3 years, so I've backed off the small random purchases - that's not saying I won't do them anymore if given incentive.

But that's just it - I have everything I really need/want for my characters. I have a lot of cosmetic stuff on my characters because I've spent so much. Stealthily adding in promos means I'm going to miss them because I bought much of what I needed and am now watching for more content/other things that are really unique/high end shinys I want. Stealthily doing the promotions actually means I spend a lot less on the game, and I think that applies to a lot of other people that have been around a while and bought into the founder's packs etc.

Also, stealthily doing them means you'll end up with people going 'Oh.. I missed it by a day. Again. Because my friends that transferred got x and I got nothing' which may actually be a turn off to buying zen for some. The mentality of 'I should wait to see if someone says they got an item from transferring because I keep missing it by a day, or a week etc.' may set in if it is all stealthy for the promotions. I don't know the numbers, but I would be willing to bet not too many people are transferring 1000-2500 zen per week onto an account and steadily doing it since release of the game. I suspect (but obviously have no numbers confirming that) many of the transfers are likely to be larger drops at one or two times a month, with smaller ones triggered by promotions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    /Channel_Join NW_Legit_Community to run Dungeons without the exploits
  • Options
    silverquicksilverquick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Speaking to this idea - I much rather the promos be announced.

Well specially being that the entire point of a promo is to ... well... promote something.

And if no one even knows about it, its kinda pointless.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    sslothzzsslothzz Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    am i the only one who didn't care about this promotion when he got the letter from cryptic?
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sslothzz wrote: »
    am i the only one who didn't care about this promotion when he got the letter from cryptic?

apparently
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    uh when was this? I transferred 2000 zen during the sale, was I eligible?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    drezzat wrote: »
    uh when was this? I transferred 2000 zen during the sale, was I eligible?

The one most people were eligible for was a couple weeks ago. If you are eligible for a future promotion, you will get an e-mail informing you of that fact. At that point you will have to transfer 1000 zen more.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    if you were eligible, you should have received an email about the offer. we've also been recently notified that zen purchases through steam are not eligible. they need to be through the website. this was also only offered if you registered in english, however they are working on changing that to make the offer to everyone.

please stay tuned. thanks.
  • Options
    killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Melodywhr made another Informative POST about this that may be helpful for some people.
  • Options
    xxguyverxxguyver Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I haven't gotten mine yet even though I transferred 1k from my credit card when I got the email 3-2-14, and I got a gift card for 2k zen and transferred that into NW as well. I STILL haven't gotten this stone. Is there any new information?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    xxguyver wrote: »
    I haven't gotten mine yet even though I transferred 1k from my credit card when I got the email 3-2-14, and I got a gift card for 2k zen and transferred that into NW as well. I STILL haven't gotten this stone. Is there any new information?

if you got the email, did you buy and transfer zen through the website or through steam?

if you did transfer zen through the website, have you submitted a support ticket?

mod note:
    also folks, if you have gone through the process of contacting customer service and have been told that you do not qualify, posting your scathing review of your experience is a violation of the privacy policy. understand that the offer for the ioun stone of radiance was a first run and maybe it wasn't perfect, but they are working on that process and will continue to provide such offers in the future. if you didn't get a chance to get the ioun stone of radiance this time around, there will be another chance. please be patient.

thanks.

do not reply to this mod note. instead send me a PM if you'd like to further discuss it.
  • Options
    alphablaze22alphablaze22 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They emailed me the promotion a day ago. I bought it. Hope it comes
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    They emailed you a day ago?

The promotion was supposed to have ended February 24? Did you receive a new one for localization or something?

Check when the promotion ends. It should be listed in the email.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xxguyver wrote: »

Also, are you waiting for an in-game mail, or have your checked in with the reward claim vendor? You have to go pick it up.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    gorakasul wrote: »

I got my stone 12 or 14 hours before I got my email saying that the stone was available to be picked up at the reward vendor.
  • Options
    dextromandextroman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Got E-mail yesterday ...nice

"Offer Ends 9:30am Pacific on March 10th"
  • Options
    rfaulrfaul Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I hope I get the email! Very anxious here, checking the email 2-4 times daily.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    i understand that many people want to discuss this offer and have questions about it. because this is a customer support issue, anyone with questions about whether they qualify for this offer needs to submit a support ticket. you may refer to this post for information, but unless you either have an email or a confirmation from customer support that you are eligible, do not purchase zen with the hopes that you will qualify.

any future threads opened to discuss this issue will be closed. again, this is a support issue that we, at the forum level, cannot address.

thank you for your interest in these offers and we'll see you in-game.
This discussion has been closed.