test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

people crying that GF are weak

2»

Comments

• maximusretlavmaximusretlav Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Another type of GF is the tanky one. Did a 1 vs 1 yesterday against a very good&geared one, match ended, and we were both tired and gave up our little duel. Neither managed to even proc SF on the other guy after 5-10 minutes. So we just stopped the fight, laughed a bit, and decided it's not worth to bother for an hour just to score a kill.

Cool :) you are a CW ? normally is easy to kill all depends of the gear score and skill of the player .
    but always good battles .
    normally I'm just dead by a CW in disadvantage situations 3 vs1 or 2 vs 1 , 1 vs 1 dont remember being killed by a CW :)
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cool :) you are a CW ? normally is easy to kill all depends of the gear score and skill of the player .
    but always good battles .
    normally I'm just dead by a CW in disadvantage situations 3 vs1 or 2 vs 1 , 1 vs 1 dont remember being killed by a CW :)

Yes CW.

CW vs GF situations are quite matched, (given approx. skill&gear levels) very tanky GFs have the capability to outlast the CW, yet they also find it difficult to inflict enough damage to kill the CW (if CW is built for PvP with HP&Regen), and DPS GFs have the capability to punish CWs quite nicely, basically if you eat the first prone you KNOW you gonna be in a world of pain, not to mention the feeling of spamming dodge "Cannot perform while Prone" forever without nothing happening lol. Also Knight's Challenge is a huge boost for good GFs that know when to use it, making GFs hit for obscene numbers. I have never been hit so consistently hard by any other class but GFs.

All in all, CW vs GF are pretty balanced and tense matches that I like.

Problem with many complaints here is that GFs seem to not understand their PvP role. Good example: you're not supposed to solo the IV sent, you're supposed to throw it off point and make it leech points for your team, and troll the GWF to death.

But for PvE, I think GF needs serious rework, or dungeon redesign.
  • snappa0126snappa0126 Member Posts: 90
    edited February 2014
    I 1v1'd an amazing CW (guildy) yesterday. We fought 2x. We are both equally geared (all rank 10's) and he beat me both times but WOW was it some fun matches.

A few tweaks on my build and it would have been a stalemate. I am a tanky point holder who controls points.

GF's are fine in PvP. GF's are NOT needed in PvE though...CW's, rogues, and GWF's are all that is needed for most boss fights. IE, 2 days ago we did 1 TR, 1HR and 3CW against Valindra and it was an easy fight. No healer and no tank...just lay on the dps and she is dead quick.
    HAMSTER, level 60 GF, "Bloodthirsty" since Mod 2
    Anarchist, level 60 CW
    Arsenic,
    level 60 TR
    Pluck Yew, level 60 HR
    Therapissed,
    level 60 DC
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    snappa0126 wrote: »
    I 1v1'd an amazing CW (guildy) yesterday. We fought 2x. We are both equally geared (all rank 10's) and he beat me both times but WOW was it some fun matches.

A few tweaks on my build and it would have been a stalemate. I am a tanky point holder who controls points.

GF's are fine in PvP. GF's are NOT needed in PvE though...CW's, rogues, and GWF's are all that is needed for most boss fights. IE, 2 days ago we did 1 TR, 1HR and 3CW against Valindra and it was an easy fight. No healer and no tank...just lay on the dps and she is dead quick.

Pretty much my view as well - GFs are in a pretty nice place in PvP and a skilled one can even troll Sentinel GWFs. However some buffs for GF on the PvE side (perhaps AoE damage?) would be useful in making it a viable alternative to other non-CW classes in dungeons.

Of course the real issue, as your example illustrates, is that stacking 3CW is pretty much the optimal strategy. This leaves two places for all the other classes and in many cases one of those will be taken by a DC. So frequently there is one place for 4 other competing classes....
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    GF are weak!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!