test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

people crying that GF are weak

doggy009doggy009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Militia Barracks
After having more than 5 hours of PVP with 2 GF 1 DC and one CW in my team I can tell that GFs are very useful in the team they really can disaple the enemy and leave them to be easily killed, idk why forums full of people crying about GF being useless and weak

love GFs in my team
Killy2
SENT IV GWF - PVP
Post edited by doggy009 on

Comments

• morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Good to hear it.

Now try the same thing in PvE.

(also, is this level 60 PvP or sub-60? It makes a big difference)
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Also what was the GS ratio, if you had a group of epic geared GFs vs a fresh 60 pug group they would do well, try it against another premade of equal gear!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • dissssppppdisssspppp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, the argument is about PvE.
  • doggy009doggy009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    we were all 55-59 and other gs 9-11k
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Also what was the GS ratio, if you had a group of epic geared GFs vs a fresh 60 pug group they would do well, try it against another premade of equal gear!
    Then, your argument is invalid, as stated here:
    disssspppp wrote: »
    Yeah, the argument is about PvE.

Also, pre-60 PvP is completely different from lvl 60 PvP.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Since I can't edit my post (the post just turns blank and I can't even use 'Go Advanced'...), I quoted the wrong person for the first quote. I meant to use:
    doggy009 wrote: »
    we were all 55-59 and other gs 9-11k
    edited February 2014
    I just reached 60 yesterday and got all my gears (excluding ranked 2 extra artifacts) tired the pvp out and it was really different from lower level brackets fun but yeah different. Everyone was geared to the teeth and had the honor artifact which I dont have yet

Played 3 round, won 2 hardly but I was first in scores and lost one miserably vs op team with an annoying DC , could of won if they didnt have the DC and I was not with my usual team , wish the beast grim was with me we are the gwf trio xD

Since I finally reached 60 ill be making pvp videos soon which I enjoy
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • auzfireauzfire Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    GF's are not 'weak' - they are 'unnecessary'

My GF is a tank build, and is frighteningly strong - but - my presence or absence makes no difference to the success of the high end group. A strong CW protects the team better, while doing more damage to more enemies at a time. As that is what people want in order to make their dungeon runs faster and safer, there is no reason to bring a GF along when you can bring another CW.

Yes - when I PUG and get matched with a team who all have T1 entry gear, I am a big help. After all, I have massively more gear than they do so it is no surprise. I then protect them, and they can function and have fun in the dungeon. But give me a team with similar levels of gear to me, and they do not need me to protect them, and they can handle encounters before I can really have an influence. In fact, the CWs will make a point of running as fast as they can, using their teleporting, to get to the next fight ahead of me, because they have that much contempt for what I can do, and certainly don't want to miss any chance to further pad their already massive damage scores.

The GF isn't 'weak' - its just that its strengths are unneeded. It is like having a car that can also go under water, except you live on the moon.
  • demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    auzfire wrote: »

This marks the spot.

Believe it or not, be it PvE or PvP, the GF is completely outshined by it's fighter counterpart mainly because of slow attack animations and a cute little Tab ability compared to GWF's sprint cancelling and Unstoppable.
    edited February 2014
    I dont know about PVE since it does not interest me but in PVP I would like to have one good GF on my side
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    doggy009 wrote: »
    I dont know about PVE since it does not interest me but in PVP I would like to have one good GF on my side

Well trust me, even in PvP the good GF will be outclassed by a Sentinel IV GWF (doesn't have to be good ironically).

Why? Because Sentinel IV GWFs require alot of player skill, and the players have to think hard on what rotations they need to use, no sarcasm really.
    edited February 2014
    As swordmaster destroyer its really hard for me to catch and land knockdown on good players but for IV its really easy with frontline surge

I think ill go IV soon enough
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
    edited February 2014
    Double post by mistake
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    demidogz wrote: »
    Well trust me, even in PvP the good GF will be outclassed by a Sentinel IV GWF (doesn't have to be good ironically).

Why? Because Sentinel IV GWFs require alot of player skill, and the players have to think hard on what rotations they need to use, no sarcasm really.

I disagree. I am a decent GF and I kill or drive off Sentis that are not played well or geared out of the nose.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited February 2014
    in pve nobody needs you as GF , u wont group for anything maybe maybe some FH but not even that anymore this class is outdated and worthless.... + nobody invites u to do stuffs in pve
    edited February 2014
    in pve high end players, speed players and lazy players don't need you as GF , u can group for anything with maybe the exception of TOS and VT. The class has its problems but it is not utterly useless.

Fixed.

/10chars
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • firstookamikazefirstookamikaze Member Posts: 48
    edited February 2014
    Please stop write post saying "OMG gf is so good, i well play it and win evzrything" ...
    ... When in fact you just play that char from few hours and are not able to give an interesting feedback.

I hope no beginners or dev' will see your #@!&$ post
  • copperwirecopperwire Member Posts: 35
    edited February 2014
    I find what he is saying at least as interesting as all the "oomg, so bad, QQ" posts on the same subject. If nothing else, it looks like he is having more fun.
    edited February 2014
    That if they even see these threads
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    copperwire wrote: »
    I find what he is saying at least as interesting as all the "oomg, so bad, QQ" posts on the same subject. If nothing else, it looks like he is having more fun.

Problem is that GF's are subpar in terms of class balance. Now a skilled player can still contribute and have fun with one, but it's a lower quality base than other classes which means that that same player would be able to contribute even more on another more powerful class. He may be having fun, but his thinking everything is ok actually hurts the game if he gets listened to.
    edited February 2014
    copperwire wrote: »

Unfortunately you are not allowed to have fun with a GF or play it successfully.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The GF hits in pvp for 5k-6k tops on same geared players with 6000 power, yet the GF is hit by lower geared players for 10k-18k!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited February 2014
    thestaggy wrote: »
    Unfortunately you are not allowed to have fun with a GF or play it successfully.

lol it sure seems that way but gf is fun but not wanted by elites just like new people are not wanted by them and they usually treat them as garbage which is sad.

Then again ive never cared for most elites; they have no patience or understanding what so ever because they just bought thier gear and enchants and feel superior because of it like rich people do.

and i think its because none of the dungeons are harrowing enough to break thier im op sense or to have an actual need to have a gf.
  • soletiussoletius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    MY GF DOES 18k bullcharge.. and 10k lunging.. just need a knight challenge on... got 6k power though.. and timless... withpyrotechnic and blessing ^^
  • vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    GF needs more team buff feats, thats it. (im talking about serious team buffs/enemy debuffs, as for a vanguard GF could replace a DC in dungeons).
  • copperwirecopperwire Member Posts: 35
    edited February 2014
    auzfire wrote: »

My GF is a tank build, and is frighteningly strong - but - my presence or absence makes no difference to the success of the high end group. A strong CW protects the team better, while doing more damage to more enemies at a time. As that is what people want in order to make their dungeon runs faster and safer, there is no reason to bring a GF along when you can bring another CW.

Yes - when I PUG and get matched with a team who all have T1 entry gear, I am a big help. After all, I have massively more gear than they do so it is no surprise. I then protect them, and they can function and have fun in the dungeon. But give me a team with similar levels of gear to me, and they do not need me to protect them, and they can handle encounters before I can really have an influence. In fact, the CWs will make a point of running as fast as they can, using their teleporting, to get to the next fight ahead of me, because they have that much contempt for what I can do, and certainly don't want to miss any chance to further pad their already massive damage scores.

The GF isn't 'weak' - its just that its strengths are unneeded. It is like having a car that can also go under water, except you live on the moon.

^^THIS

T3 content appeared tomorrow, being able to drive on water might suddenly be in style.

demidogz wrote: »
    Believe it or not, be it PvE or PvP, the GF is completely outshined by it's fighter counterpart mainly because of slow attack animations and a cute little Tab ability compared to GWF's sprint cancelling and Unstoppable.

Here, you are a little off.

GWF has had sprint cancel and unstoppable since the beginning. For a very long time, it was considered to be useless in PvE and PvP. For a long time, with the exact animations is has now, GF was fairly dominant in PvP and respected in PvE. While the GWF has some balance issues atm and it certainly effects the GF, those issues alone do not account all of what has changed.

What changed, even beyond the exchange of paragon trees and the nerfing of GF gear, was everyone in the "endgame" got a customizable daily slot (ie Blood Raven) and ~3K GS and the content didn't get any harder. This is an issue that has effected the DC and the TR as much as the GF. In different ways, all three classes bring abilities to a group that matter more the longer an encounter lasts. At the point in power vs. content where a party can burst trash and burn bosses down without having a lasting encounter .... well, you get what we have now.

If the devs took the time to truly balance the game for this environment (gear bloat and no new content) I'm not sure that is a win for any of us.
  • maximusretlavmaximusretlav Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi ,

I´m sick of listening to this theme , GF is the most misunderstood and treated unfairly class in the game , for me and i can talk about because i have all 6 chars classes at lever 60 , i have played with all chars and the GF was that give me more pleasure to play .
    I finished all dungeons less Valindra Tower and Castle Never ,
    in pvp i finish 95% of the times as the player with most killing , my tank give more dps than most of the GWF and TR in the game.
    The most people that talk about GF never play with one before .
    Belive me the problem is not the Class , is the people do not know how to play with the GF ,
    i´ve played with bad players and never blamed the char or class .

All classes have their role in the game , and all are important , and all are needed .

greetings
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The GF hits in pvp for 5k-6k tops on same geared players with 6000 power, yet the GF is hit by lower geared players for 10k-18k!

One GF I played against hit on my CW for 26-32K :)

Was so bad, that I couldn't play that whole match only on top of the pillars, since the healer couldn't save me, heal me or anything, and I ran out of dodges too soon.

Also that GF went on a 48:12 score, most kills and least deaths, even though they lost in the end.

Pretty cool huh?

Another type of GF is the tanky one. Did a 1 vs 1 yesterday against a very good&geared one, match ended, and we were both tired and gave up our little duel. Neither managed to even proc SF on the other guy after 5-10 minutes. So we just stopped the fight, laughed a bit, and decided it's not worth to bother for an hour just to score a kill.

I'd say this type of GF is also pretty cool :)
  • masterjewstarmasterjewstar Member Posts: 563
    edited February 2014
    Hi ,

I´m sick of listening to this theme , GF is the most misunderstood and treated unfairly class in the game , for me and i can talk about because i have all 6 chars classes at lever 60 , i have played with all chars and the GF was that give me more pleasure to play .
    I finished all dungeons less Valindra Tower and Castle Never ,
    in pvp i finish 95% of the times as the player with most killing , my tank give more dps than most of the GWF and TR in the game.
    The most people that talk about GF never play with one before .
    Belive me the problem is not the Class , is the people do not know how to play with the GF ,
    i´ve played with bad players and never blamed the char or class .

All classes have their role in the game , and all are important , and all are needed .

greetings

Agreed I havent had that much trouble its the new arrivals i think they dont understand it think its a dps race and when thier tank cant do the deeps they wonder why; its because its a tank being overly tanky in any game means saccing attack power.

does this mean a tank gf is useless? hell no I am sick of hearing this as well its a very good class and always has been. All the classes are good despite thier slight problems.

the monsters havent changed since beta but we keep recieving buffs so players end up being retardedly strong while the monsters have stayed the same.

once a game is open to the public people cry and then when it is opened even wider more and more people end up with some problem or another and then cry about it again.
  • maximusretlavmaximusretlav Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cool :) you are a CW ?