test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Blacklake District Quest

fajiyfajiy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Yo, i am new in this game, but i am planning to play this game for long. My game-play style is exploring all parts of the game.

I made Human GWF and now it's lvl 8, I went to blacklake district and talked to Scout Stone to do "Evacuate Blacklake" Quest, when i finished it, i didn't get any quest again. I thought my quest from Scout Stone was over, but when i searched in Neverwinter wikipedia, there is Firestarters and Dirty Deeds Quest. But i don't get it, do you know why? help me, if this is a bug, it's okay, but if this is not a bug, maybe you can help me how to fix it.
Post edited by fajiy on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Some quests in Blacklake were changed or removed altogether. If Scout Stone says that's all there is for you to do for now, then that's the end of this quest line until it picks up again in another zone (I believe this is human racial line).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    fajiyfajiy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Some quests in Blacklake were changed or removed altogether. If Scout Stone says that's all there is for you to do for now, then that's the end of this quest line until it picks up again in another zone (I believe this is human racial line).

Thanks, that's all i need, i searching Neverwinter Patch, and didn't get any removed Human Quest in that patch and I don't see any update from wiki. What do you mean with "it picks up again in another zone?"
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, the entire Blacklake quest-line has been "revamped" entirely (Official word is "revamped and streamlined", player words are "nerved" and "hosed"). I'm not sure why they decided to completely whack the heck out of Blacklake with a dull, rusty hatchet but I'm sure they have their reasons (and those being based on the data they have access to).

It's a shame because I really liked that entire zone and all the quests available there. It saddens me that they even whacked the "Sewer" quest a lot - understandable for ease and brevity, but they also completely removed the "well switch puzzle" which, to me, helps make that whole quest feel Dungeons-and-Dragons-like.

~sighs~

In the end, we all must remember that the developers are always trying to *improve* things and that is based on the player data they have access to, which tells a *lot*, as in 'the big picture' none of us can see.
  • Options
    valasquavalasqua Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, I really miss that well switch puzzle. I always thought they should add more things like that, not remove the few that were there!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    fajiy wrote: »
    What do you mean with "it picks up again in another zone?"

Race and class quest lines span multiple zones.

There were in-game mails pointing players towards these, but something seems to have broken such that nothing past the first message is ever received. I've bug reported that problem.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    xtheginsterxxtheginsterx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can't finish the 'evacuate citizens' at all, I'm glowing line just stops on what should be the last citizens! Anyone know a way I can complete or get rid of this quest?
  • Options
    loutheloulouthelou Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can't finish the 'evacuate citizens' at all, I'm glowing line just stops on what should be the last citizens! Anyone know a way I can complete or get rid of this quest?

Because the trail goes to the wrong door. The door you need is actually about 20 feet to the right of where the trail ends, tucked into a corner, underneath/behind a fallen beam or tree (I forget which).

Apparently, their changes to the Blacklake District quests have disabled acquiring the Hero of Blacklake title, because I did all the quests I could in Blacklake, and I never got it. I'm level 18 now, and have been out of Blacklake for a while.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    louthelou said:

Because the trail goes to the wrong door. The door you need is actually about 20 feet to the right of where the trail ends, tucked into a corner, underneath/behind a fallen beam or tree (I forget which).

Apparently, their changes to the Blacklake District quests have disabled acquiring the Hero of Blacklake title, because I did all the quests I could in Blacklake, and I never got it. I'm level 18 now, and have been out of Blacklake for a while.

--------------------------------------

To anyone else just starting to play the game, this bug is still there. The trail for house 4 goes to the wrong house and the correct house is to the right, the torch-lit area where the zombies gather.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,121 Arc User
    1) If you've done all the quests, you're probably lacking the skirmish to get the achievement.

2) This thread is 3 years old.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.