test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eye of Lathander - Still Bugged?

asymphonyasymphony Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Supposedly the recent patch fixed the drop rate or chances of this artifact. I don't believe it has been fixed.

Ever since I have made the Adamantine Gauntlets I have only been receiving Peridots or Enchants. Since the patch, I am still only getting those two items. It also isn't just me, my friends who are testing out their luck too are getting the same items. They don't even need the artifact, they are just trying to see if I just have terrible luck or the patch didn't fix it.

So far the patch hasn't fixed the chance of the artifact "dropping". Either I have the worst luck ever with getting anything other than those two items or the gauntlets to open the chest are still not working properly.
Post edited by asymphony on

Comments

• nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just because the RNG is not favoring you does not make it a bug.

The drop chance of the artifact is likely close to 1%, or lower, given that it is the "jackpot"
  • asymphonyasymphony Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If the gauntlets still aren't working properly and only allowing you to get the lower tiers then it could be a bug.

I very well know it could be the RNG not favoring me, but I rather bring it to attention that it still seems to be giving the same items to not only me, but many others when the patch notes said you should be getting the higher rewards due to using a higher gauntlet.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The patch notes applied to players in a party where a player with a lower gauntlet opened the coffer first only.

There are people in my guild who have gotten the artifact since the patch, so I really do not see any bug here.
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    67 coffers so far. Starting my second Peridot stack soon. Same dungeon… over and over again… with no guarantee of ever getting this BoP artifact.
  • eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2014
    i thought this is bug report, not rant report xD
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    I have received 3 Eye of Lathander since Dread Ring went live. All on alts I don't play much, but nevertheless... Welcome to the wonderful world of Random Number Generators.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    FYI, the inverse was also true with a party. If the first person had the Adamantine gauntlet, those without it got the better loot table. A guildie got his Eye early that way (though long before the bug was published/known, and it was entirely accidental not an intentional exploit).
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    This is not a bug report and we don't need multiple threads on this subject. Bug reporting forum is for reporting bugs, not for opinions and discussions.
This discussion has been closed.