test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for short Cloak/Cape/Mantle

ebonmarkebonmark Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
As the title says - I'm looking for a cloak that is short and has no clipping issues, fed up of my bum sticking out of them all the time. Any recommendations appreciated. Thanks!
Post edited by ebonmark on

Comments

• jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Other than the "Disable Visuals" or "Transmute to Amulet" options, I simply cannot think of a single Cloak that does not go past the waist in this game. So if it DOES exist, it would seem to be fairly rare (or I just missed it). That being said, there are, I believe, a few Armors that will give a look similar to what you describe. I don't have them myself, so cannot give you a name.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Mantle of the Underdark - 1/2 the length of other cloaks, is a ~5x blue cloak from Hotenow I think.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • ebonmarkebonmark Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the recommendation, I cant find that mantle on the AH, is it bind on pickup? Anymore short cloaks people know of? Im gonna buy them and try them all on! lol
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Plague Tower quest (level 19ish) awards a cloak for each class that tends to be fairly nice-looking and is only waist-length rather than ankle-length. They're BoP but you could ask around for someone to share the quest with you. (Check the name. It's the final quest in the Protector's Enclave chain.)

On my GF, I eventually acquired another neck item with the same skin but for the life of me I can't remember what it was or where I turned it up. I might still have it because I only kept one of the two, but odds are that I vendored the second not the first.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited February 2014
    kolbe11 wrote: »
    Mantle of the Underdark - 1/2 the length of other cloaks, is a ~5x blue cloak from Hotenow I think.

Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be from Rothe Valley?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wouldn't it make more sense for it to be from Rothe Valley?

Like I said, it's from one of the 5x quests... Whether it was from Rothe or Hotenow, I honestly do not recall for sure. However, I thought it was from the chest at the end of the Hotenow quest where you go through the "maze-like" dungeon and kill the General at the end.

Regardless, I'll post a pic of it when I get home this evening.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • ebonmarkebonmark Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I just bought 10+ cloaks on the AH and none were short! I just want a little cape for my female mage, darn this bad clipping issue! sigh
    edited February 2014
    The CW one from Plague Tower was quite nice. Might be worth hanging around in PE asking to have it shared.

Heck, I think I've got characters that haven't done it due to avoiding the irritation of Troubled Times, so you can hit me up for a quest share if you want.

Neverwinter Census 2017