test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Illithid Psionic Crystals

grieverzgrieverz Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PvE Discussion
Any one know who/where drops Illithid Psionic Crystals?
Post edited by grieverz on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That's an CW orb, right? If so, it should be a drop somewhere in Dread Vault.
  • grieverzgrieverz Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    That's an CW orb, right? If so, it should be a drop somewhere in Dread Vault.

Yeah it's a CW orb. Thanks.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's a T2 junk purple that drops in EDV. I think it's the only such weapon that's worth significantly more on the AH than its salvage value, due to the the lack of people running that dungeon.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • ratjamratjam Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've got one to sell, seems like it's the only one in ah for now so I've put it for the suggested price that is high (like 200k-250k ad) if u need it for transmuting yours we can make a deal for a better price.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    It's a T2 junk purple that drops in EDV. I think it's the only such weapon that's worth significantly more on the AH than its salvage value, due to the the lack of people running that dungeon.

I sold the dagger from there for a good junk of change before.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Drops from 2nd boss in Epic Dread Vault (EDV). Our group got one last weekend actually, but it sold within 10 minutes of us posting it lol.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ratjam wrote: »
    I've got one to sell, seems like it's the only one in ah for now so I've put it for the suggested price that is high (like 200k-250k ad) if u need it for transmuting yours we can make a deal for a better price.

No point really getting one for transmuting since it has identical visuals to the Rare blue orb, [Illithid Psionic Shards], which costs 2000 times less...

In the old days, it was cool and unusual orb, since it looks very different from other orbs and almost no-one ran Epic DV, so you'd be lucky to see one in AH once a month. That cachet is long gone.
    edited February 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    I sold the dagger from there for a good junk of change before.
    Do you know the name of the dagger? I've been trying to make a list of junk T2 weapons and apart from seeing them drop, it's hard to know what's out there. So far, it seems like there are two mainhand junk drops (T2) for each class.

CW: Burning Shard of Elemental Fire, Illithid Psionic Crystals
    DC: Symbol of the Divine Conduit, Grand Dragon Eye Symbol
    GWF: Reaver's Edge, Sharpened Ice Axe
    GF: Braced Troll Warhammer, Brutal Lizardfolk Scimitar
    TR: Iceshard Dagger, ?
    HR: ?,?

Not entirely sure about the Divine Conduit, as it's a set with no set bonus and doesn't seem to drop in specific places.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Crystal Blade is the TR "junk" drop, but it's actually valued because of the regen stat on it.
    pitshade wrote: »
    Not entirely sure about the Divine Conduit, as it's a set with no set bonus and doesn't seem to drop in specific places.

These are different then, because there's a setless set for each class, including main- and off-hands. Murderous Jester, Berserk Champion, Arcane Overseer, not sure about GF, or if they've included something similar for HRs.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited February 2014
    Ah, thanks. I'd seen mention of the Jester set, but thought it was from the WB or trade bars or something. Had a few of the other items drop and either sold or salvaged them. Was only thinking of the Divine Conduit set because I've been equipping my AC cleric with junk purples - Divine Conduit hat, symbol and icon as well as grand neck and waist.

However, in that case if my theory is correct, there's another symbol besides Grand Dragon Eye. No idea about HR items, either the junk set items or the stand alone mainhands.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Nothing jumped out at me as a second standalone symbol, parsing the AH search results. It's possible that it could be one of those elusive BoP boss drops.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia